hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Steve Robinson

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jesus that was quick. When do hearts do that like? We wanted the Motherwell ceo we got her we want their manager we get him, simple as that.
    Taking their manager would require playing compensation, we didn’t need to pay compensation when LD moved.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Taking their manager would require playing compensation, we didn’t need to pay compensation when LD moved.
    We paid compensation to take Yogi from Falkirk and Butcher from Calley, I’m sure it wouldn’t be an issue.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    Robinson will be heading to Edinburgh for talks, next Monday. Just depends where in Edinburgh.

Derby will decide whether it’s here or the West Edinburgh Incomplete Stand-a-Dome.
    Not excited by Robinson at all.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Stubbs has failed twice since leaving us and failed twice in the league with us.
    Stubbs hasn’t worked with the same coaching trio since he left hibs. Bring in doolan and taff and see how he goes. The style we played was far more suited to Spl, that showed in the cup results. My choice would b Stubbs, least we know he played football the proper way.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Something is right at Motherwell. Lots of youngsters making the break through. Seem to have a pathway for their young players.
    Robinson let go a lot of experienced players last January, to allow some of them to get game time
    But they also must a great academy too, to recruit these lads in the 1st place

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    Stubbs hasn’t worked with the same coaching trio since he left hibs. Bring in doolan and taff and see how he goes. The style we played was far more suited to Spl, that showed in the cup results. My choice would b Stubbs, least we know he played football the proper way.
    They worked together at Rotherham and failed miserably.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Something is right at Motherwell. Lots of youngsters making the break through. Seem to have a pathway for their young players.
    Robinson let go a lot of experienced players last January, to allow some of them to get game time
    But they also must a great academy too, to recruit these lads in the 1st place
    Could be the fruits of Dempster's work there beginning to show?....

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Stubbs, Doolan and Taff for me..although Doolan might be the hardest to get...he's pretty settled at Accrington.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    They worked together at Rotherham and failed miserably.
    Rotherham was a basket case of a club.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Refuse to click on that website.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Well done

New Hearts No2

Imagine getting arrested and 'no one was injured'...
    Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Well done
    What's the rolling eyes for and patronising comment for? Some people refuse to click on any pages from the The Sun or Daily Record website. I've not done so since the lies they posted after the Scottish Cup Final.

I would rather people posted the text from the page rather than the page itself.

Anyhow, for those who've not clicked on the website, the story is:

Steven Robinson, manager of MOTHERWELL, was arrested and charged in Edinburgh after a suspected disruption.

Scotland’s police confirmed that the 45-year-old was stolen from the city’s main train station on Friday evening in connection with an incident on Waverley Bridge.

Motherwell manager Steven Robinson was arrested and charged in Edinburgh after a suspected disruption

It goes without saying that nobody was injured.

Well, Boss Robinson will appear in court later.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: “A 45-year-old man was arrested and charged around 7:45 p.m. on Friday, December 13, for an incident on Waverley Bridge in Edinburgh.

“Nobody was injured.

“A report is being sent to the Fiscal Prosecutor.”

During his career, Robinson played for Tottenham Hotspur, Leyton Orient, Bournemouth, Preston North End, Bristol City, Luton Town and Northern Ireland.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Well done
    In this day and age of ignorance and intolerance this post is sadly indicative of the times. Absolutely no need.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    In this day and age of ignorance and intolerance this post is sadly indicative of the times. Absolutely no need.
    It is boring in the extreme posting time after time i refuse to click on the Sun newspaper. Why tell people what you are not going to do? If you don't want to click great if you do that is also great. Is there any need to tell others simply making that statement adds nothing to debate and is so boring.

If you don't want to read the Sun's version of how "the 45-year-old was stolen from the city’s main train station" then the story is also on the BBC website.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

What's the rolling eyes for and patronising comment for? Some people refuse to click on any pages from the The Sun or Daily Record website. I've not done so since the lies they posted after the Scottish Cup Final.

I would rather people posted the text from the page rather than the page itself.

Anyhow, for those who've not clicked on the website, the story is:

Steven Robinson, manager of MOTHERWELL, was arrested and charged in Edinburgh after a suspected disruption.

Scotland’s police confirmed that the 45-year-old was stolen from the city’s main train station on Friday evening in connection with an incident on Waverley Bridge.

Motherwell manager Steven Robinson was arrested and charged in Edinburgh after a suspected disruption

It goes without saying that nobody was injured.

Well, Boss Robinson will appear in court later.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: “A 45-year-old man was arrested and charged around 7:45 p.m. on Friday, December 13, for an incident on Waverley Bridge in Edinburgh.

“Nobody was injured.

“A report is being sent to the Fiscal Prosecutor.”

During his career, Robinson played for Tottenham Hotspur, Leyton Orient, Bournemouth, Preston North End, Bristol City, Luton Town and Northern Ireland.
    Seriously why post you are not clicking on a website so what ! It is your choice but really you have to post that? If you are unwilling to click do you really care about the story?

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    Seriously why post you are not clicking on a website so what ! It is your choice but really you have to post that? If you are unwilling to click do you really care about the story?
    I agree with you. Folk just trying to make some kind of holier than thou statement.

Just ask someone to c&p if it bothers them that much without the guffyness of “wouldn’t’ won’t click” nonsense.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    I will happily hear about people not interacting with 'The Sun' in any of its platforms and the more people who are made aware of this horrible institutions behaviour the better.

**** the sun and everyone who works there 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    I will happily hear about people not interacting with 'The Sun' in any of its platforms and the more people who are made aware of this horrible institutions behaviour the better.

Which is fine, but then don’t ask someone else to click the link and copy and paste the text for you... you are either interested in the stories or you are not, if not don’t ask others to tell you what it says as you are only succeeding in getting someone else to provide the hits.

It is boring in the extreme posting time after time i refuse to click on the Sun newspaper. Why tell people what you are not going to do? If you don't want to click great if you do that is also great. Is there any need to tell others simply making that statement adds nothing to debate and is so boring.
    Because it can make people think twice about doing the same thing themselves. Personally wouldn’t want to contribute another penny toward either of the rags so I hold back from clicking the links too. It was on here that I learned that they make money from the clicks so always good to spread the word if others are not aware.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Which is fine, but then don’t ask someone else to click the link and copy and paste the text for you... you are either interested in the stories or you are not, if not don’t ask others to tell you what it says as you are only succeeding in getting someone else to provide the hits.

I agreed May2116 in that the less traffic and readership to them the better. I have no interest in anything they 'publish' but I do support people who will show their displeasure toward that rag, I think it's only right people can give their opinion whenever they're raised as a source.

People are of course within their rights to disagree and for what it's worth I never asked anyone to share the article.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    This in a nutshell, trying to make a point by not clicking on a particular site but being willing to read the story from the same source if someone else posts it is laughable.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This in a nutshell, trying to make a point by not clicking on a particular site but being willing to read the story from the same source if someone else posts it is laughable.
    Yes all threads should say if they are Sun/Record free. Can I add the Times to the warnings please?

The guy was out with his family.

Glasgow Media in trying to derail a side going well shocker.
    With rangers visiting on Sunday.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    They also don’t believe a word they read in the ‘rags’ so you’ve got to wonder why they want to read it anyways, unless of course it says something nice about Hibs then it’s ok!

And it’s grown men were talking about here too.

Quote Originally Posted by HIbs2 View Post
    The guy was out with his family.

Glasgow Media in trying to derail a side going well shocker.
    With rangers visiting on Sunday.
    Rightly or wrongly, he was arrested and charged, so to my mind they are within their rights to run with that story. It’s a big story for Scottish football when a manager gets charged. Only surprise for me is if it happened on Friday, isn’t the normal protocol when charged that you have to attend court the following day? Ie the Monday? And normally held until you’ve been able to appear? May be wrong, that’s just my understanding of it.