hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The young team

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tmb1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All this fake outrage is embarrassing!
    What we talking about here, a few guys sing f*** the uda, hope mercer died in pain and mrs mercer has a dildo in her drawer.
    You’ve got grown men frothing at the mouth because they heard a few bad boys sing a few bad things and it hurt there feelings.
    Mercer was a blood sucking Tory b****** that tried to bury our club and the working class and the uda were a gang of sectarian murderers.
    Both deserve anything that comes there way.

You ever sung we hate Jam tarts and we hate Dundee?
    Hypocrisy of some folk.
    What I find far worse and totally unacceptable is the folk shouting and swearing at the players, Your not going to stop people doing this or singing what they want, the more you try the louder they get. You either shut your ears or sing another song louder. The individuals
    chucking bottles and running into the pitch, you ban these folk when they do it problem solved.

I Never really post on this but sick of seeing the “young team” getting pelters by some self righteous f******. Which young team are you referring to btw? Any hibs fan under the age of 30 fair game? Get a grip support your fellow fans there’s enough people in the game knocking the fans. Hibs means a lot of things to a lot of people, it’s the one thing we all got in common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You should post more often my friend. I couldn’t agree more with what you say there.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    The UDA has nothing, will nothing and has never had anything to do with Hibernian FC so should have no mention of it in any of our song repitore. Mercer, whatever. But UDA. GTF.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    The UDA has nothing, will nothing and has never had anything to do with Hibernian FC so should have no mention of it in any of our song repitore. Mercer, whatever. But UDA. GTF.
    I think UDA comes from the pseudo small Republican following. UDA terrorised and murdered innocent Catholics as well as Republicans and are upholders of the Northern Irish sectarian state. They are more repugnant than Mercer but as you say no place in a Hibs song book.

Mercer was a prick, no arguement from me their, but singing about his death and wife is brutal.
    Would the same people condoning such actions be fine if the shoe was on the other foot?
    What if a hibs player/manager/chairman passed away and they sung similar songs? Would that be ok, double standards imo.
    It's not needed at football grounds, we have a big enough song book without this stuff.

The singing about the UDA is cringe worthy stuff, especially given the probability that 0% of the singers have any connection to Ireland and have probably never been.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    The singing about the UDA is cringe worthy stuff, especially given the probability that 0% of the singers have any connection to Ireland and have probably never been.

Correct, sing Hibs songs and not pish about troubles in NI.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    What we talking about here, a few guys sing f*** the uda, hope mercer died in pain and mrs mercer has a dildo in her drawer.
    You’ve got grown men frothing at the mouth because they heard a few bad boys sing a few bad things and it hurt there feelings.
    Mercer was a blood sucking Tory b****** that tried to bury our club and the working class and the uda were a gang of sectarian murderers.

Hypocrisy of some folk.
    What I find far worse and totally unacceptable is the folk shouting and swearing at the players, Your not going to stop people doing this or singing what they want, the more you try the louder they get. You either shut your ears or sing another song louder. The individuals
    chucking bottles and running into the pitch, you ban these folk when they do it problem solved.

I Never really post on this but sick of seeing the “young team” getting pelters by some self righteous f******. Which young team are you referring to btw? Any hibs fan under the age of 30 fair game? Get a grip support your fellow fans there’s enough people in the game knocking the fans. Hibs means a lot of things to a lot of people, it’s the one thing we all got in common.

Aw well let’s just sing **** the IRA aswell then, as they’re also bigoted murderers. Or does sectarianism only work one way?

Get this ***** out the club.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    I'm struggling to give a crap about this. Its tasteless in the Mercer case and pointless with the UDA stuff but I've sung my fair share of dodgy songs at that age and never got pulled up for it or threatened on messageboards from 'hardmen' in their 40s/50s.

There's some namby pamby balloons in the Hibs support who would be better suited to the book festival or an afternoon playing bowls.
    As they these days wow. So because you were not pulled up about singing poor taste songs it is okay? As for telling other fans what to do ie bowling dear oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    906 away fans yesterday. 30 fans singing made more noise than the rest combined. If the other 876 fans got of their ***** and backed the team vocally with Hibs tunes then you wouldn't hear them (I include myself in that).

Generally speaking our away support is like our home support, boring and pretty dreadful. Take out Ibrox (when getting a result) and Tynie and its dire. Newcastle fans were more up for it in a friendly than we will be all season (barring Hertz away).
    So you are claiming to be boring and pretty dreadful there is a .net first

Quote Originally Posted by One Day View Post
    Its not like they are singing about someone's sweet old Granny who every one loved or some well respected pillar of the community who worked tirelessly for charity and helped orphans. No. We're talking about Wallace Mercer, the egotistical maniac who tried to put us out of business. I for one am happy to tell all the hearts I know, Wallace Mercer is deid and we're no.

Agree his wife should be left out of it and there is no place for sectarian nonsence
    Dearie dear,

Hypocrisy of some folk.

It appears you think long and hard before you post so it is somewhat surprising you think this is okay. Yes it is a small minority of young guys who in time will learn but to say it is fake outrage is just silly.

What about the boy that shouted at Broonie is that okay ? After all it is just a young boy we should ignore it and he will grow out of it. Of course it is not okay and whilst no one should be thrown under a bus the error of their ways should always be highlighted.
    Last edited by Sammy7nil; 16-09-2019 at 07:24 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

B

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Aw well let’s just sing **** the IRA aswell then, as they’re also bigoted murderers. Or does sectarianism only work one way?

Couldn't agree more. Embarrassing that songs are sung which encourages the comparison of mini old firm game when really it is nothing of the sort. Seems like a competition between Hibs and Hearts 15 years olds to see who can outdo each other in the stupidity stakes.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Embarrassing that songs are sung which encourages the comparison of mini old firm game when really it is nothing of the sort. Seems like a competition between Hibs and Hearts 15 years olds to see who can outdo each other in the stupidity stakes.
    Yup. We are quite rightly deeply unhappy when Rantic ship up & sing their sectarian songs of hate & bile, why on earth anyone can think it's okay when some of our own fans do it is beyond me. And excusing it due to youth and/or having the IQ of a deck chair doesn't cut it.
    The children need to cut it out, along with anyone encouraging them.
    GG

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    "Singing sectarian songs or songs about dead people is utterly disgusting and should be stamped out of the game. Why do the authorities let Celtic and Rangers get away with it? ..Ehhhh, unless it's Hibs. Then it's just a laugh, get over it, no one can take a joke nowdays etc."

Following a football team can be a wonderful thing but the hyperpartisanship involved (especially up here) and downright hypocrisy can be exhausting. If you want to sing about ***** has has zero revelance to us then go to Parkhead.
    Last edited by Diclonius; 16-09-2019 at 02:52 PM.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by Time For Heroes View Post
    Mercer was a prick, no arguement from me their, but singing about his death and wife is brutal.
    Would the same people condoning such actions be fine if the shoe was on the other foot?
    What if a hibs player/manager/chairman passed away and they sung similar songs? Would that be ok, double standards imo.

It's not needed at football grounds, we have a big enough song book without this stuff.
    If said chairman had single-handedly tried to end hearts as a football club, then it'd be fair game IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post

100%. Its OK to some people because it suits their agenda of what they think our club should represent. Not in my name

Hypocrisy of some folk.

I’ll give this a stab on behalf of those that don’t want sick and sectarian songs sung amongst our support:

Yes I have sung “we hate hearts and we hate Dundee”. I can’t see that anyone seriously thinks this song equates to songs about an elderly woman keeping a dildo in her drawer due to her husband dying of cancer over a decade ago. Nor is it the same as getting involved in anything to do with Irish politics.

Anyone under 30 fair game to criticise? Nah just those singing/shouting sectarian, homophobic and generally sick songs/shouts while representing our support. And no, I won’t support “my fellow fans” when they get pulled up for this sort of thing.

Frothing at the mouth I don’t think any of us are. I’m not even offended. It’s just annoying and embarrassing for our club. Of course it’s a minority of young laddies - but people are absolutely right to call them out early doors. If we’re willing to turn a blind eye to this (or start having a go at people for “false outrage”) I might as well forget the very reasons I hate the old firm.

People shouting at the players is not far worse than the above.

And just because we’re ***** on the field just now doesn’t mean these sort of issues shouldn’t be addressed or commented on.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I’ll give this a stab on behalf of those that don’t want sick and sectarian songs sung amongst our support:

Yes I have sung “we hate hearts and we hate Dundee”. I can’t see that anyone seriously thinks this song equates to songs about an elderly woman keeping a dildo in her drawer due to her husband dying of cancer over a decade ago. Nor is it the same as getting involved in anything to do with Irish politics.

Anyone under 30 fair game to criticise? Nah just those singing/shouting sectarian, homophobic and generally sick songs/shouts while representing our support. And no, I won’t support “my fellow fans” when they get pulled up for this sort of thing.

Frothing at the mouth I don’t think any of us are. I’m not even offended. It’s just annoying and embarrassing for our club. Of course it’s a minority of young laddies - but people are absolutely right to call them out early doors. If we’re willing to turn a blind eye to this (or start having a go at people for “false outrage”) I might as well forget the very reasons I hate the old firm.

And just because we’re ***** on the field just now doesn’t mean these sort of issues shouldn’t be addressed or commented on.
    👍👌

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Being daft doesn’t make it acceptable to sing these hate filled songs ...they should **** right off
    Exactly. To my mind the Mercer song is just as bad as the "How's your sister?" comment made to Scott Brown at Ibrox. And as for the paramilitary stuff - I've spent my whole life telling folk in the West of Scotland that we are not just like Celtic - and then these clueless fuds claiming to be Hibs fans start singing crap like that....

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    If said chairman had single-handedly tried to end hearts as a football club, then it'd be fair game IMO.

And his wife, an innocent old woman? Fair game as well?

I'm all favour of singing ***** the UDA and the IRA, if they include both sides.

Thats where we differ bud, each to their own and all that but some things are bigger than football.
    Someone dying of cancer is bad enough, to happily sing about the victims wife having a dildo in her drawer is really grim.

Are you serious!? Regardless of what he did, the song is disgusting and most Hibs fans are ashamed and embarrassed to hear it being sung. What did his family do to deserve this? How would you feel if fans were singing this about your father or grandfather, mother or grandmother? I despair at the ignorant stupudity displayed on here sometimes.
    Last edited by Paisley Hibby; 17-09-2019 at 06:27 AM.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    Are you serious!? Regardless of what he did, the song is disgusting and most Hibs fans are ashamed and embarrassed to hear it being sung. What did his family do to deserve this? How would feel if fans were singing this about your father or grandfather, mother or grandmother? I despair at the ignorant stupudity displayed on here sometimes.
    Agreed, especially as a fair chunk of the family are Hibees that attend games.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    What a bunch of s*nctimonious boring tw#ts. I’m really glad you clowns weren’t near me when I got into football in the 70s cos you lot are so boring I’d probs have looked elsewhere!

Singing about the UDA? Lennon's fault.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Singing about the UDA? Lennon's fault.
    Aye sack him.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    What a bunch of s*nctimonious boring tw#ts. I’m really glad you clowns weren’t near me when I got into football in the 70s cos you lot are so boring I’d probs have looked elsewhere!
    You sound like you’re still stuck in the 70s. Times move on, but as this thread illustrates not everyone moves with them.

@hibs.net private member

Top post

Hear hear

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

"If you don't behave like an ignorant prrriccck then you're a boring tw*t" You heard it first from majorhibs. 🙄
    Last edited by Paisley Hibby; 17-09-2019 at 06:23 AM.

Aye to right, not singing about folk with dying of cancer it boring as ****** 🙄