hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The young team

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by spikeymike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Today was a total disgrace by the so called young team....they sung their song s a plenty which was commendable. But songs about the uda and Wallace Mercer's wife!!!! It's time they got a life or get to f@&k. Majority of them aren't even old enough to know what went on during those dark days in the 80s. Support the team as vocal as you can but grow up guys or go and support the Huns or the lesser greens if you have that attitude . Never mind hecky gtf how about you lot gtf. Sorry if the comments are a bit over the top but these morons are dragging our support down never mind our teams performances which are bad enough at the moment
    See when you heard all this? Did you think to yourself I better tell hibs. Net as soon as I get out of here? Why didn't you say something to them?

P*sh thread 0/10

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Embarrassing wee ******g scrotes imo. Whatever happened to singing songs about the team instead of terrorist groups and dead mens wives ?
    If they've travelled all the way to Killie and forked out 20 odd quid to watch that garbage then they are obviously fans, whether you like their songs or not

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Stop being a drama queen. They’re just daft young laddies.

Are you condoning the singing of songs by Hibs "fans" involving a paramilitary organisation??
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Everyone should start booing when they sing those songs or start singing something else.

Some tried to shout it down but were met with pure cheek and abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Is that a statement of what they were singing?
    maybe... duh...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Are you condoning the singing of songs by Hibs "fans" involving a paramilitary organisation??
    Implying they are Daft, I really don't think he is Condoning. What makes you believe he is condoning?

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Implying they are Daft, I really don't think he is Condoning. What makes you believe he is condoning?

By calling the OP a drama queen for raising the issue...

See when you heard all this? Did you think to yourself I better tell hibs. Net as soon as I get out of here? Why didn't you say something to them?

P*sh thread 0/10
    I did I shouted to them to sing songs about Hibs...surely hibs.net is about getting opinions and messages across to Hibs fans so in my opinion 10 out if 10 thread

P*sh thread 0/10
    But you read it and commented 10/10

@hibs.net private member
    Being daft doesn’t make it acceptable to sing these hate filled songs ...they should **** right off

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    If they've travelled all the way to Killie and forked out 20 odd quid to watch that garbage then they are obviously fans, whether you like their songs or not
    That makes it all ok then does it ? Come on mate when the hell did Hibernian supporters ever stoop so low as to sing about terrorist organisations and the glorifying of it never in the 40 years I've been following the cabbage ?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    But you read it and commented 10/10
    Does the op get a points total and a chance to win a special prize if someone reads their post and comments?

Big f*****ing deal 😂
    00/10

@hibs.net private member
    I did I shouted to them to sing songs about Hibs...surely hibs.net is about getting opinions and messages across to Hibs fans so in my opinion 10 out if 10 thread
    Fair enough, good on you for saying something.

I was still considering myself as being relatively young.

You had to ruin it with the Wikipedia link that correctly states that I'm older than the UDA..

Mumbles incoherently something to do with Magpie, ripped jumpers and original spangles.

That makes it all ok then does it ? Come on mate when the hell did Hibernian supporters ever stoop so low as to sing about terrorist organisations and the glorifying of it never in the 40 years I've been following the cabbage ?
    I never said it was OK, just pointing out that they most likely are fans.

Does the op get a points total and a chance to win a special prize if someone reads their post and comments?

Big f*****ing deal 😂
    00/10
    Ooo a prize never thought of that....can I have a free season ticket so I can support my team as much as I can without singing stupid childish songs🤣

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Young men on a boozy day out with mates will sing offensive songs - been happening as long as I can remember. They travel in good numbers and will grow out of it - great that they are choosing to support Hibs around the country, particularly in troubled times, but it’s something that just goes with the territory really. It’s not exclusive to Hibs.
    I’m sure plenty of older huns make the same argument about their younger guys singing the billy boys etc, presume that’s cool with you too?

Quote Originally Posted by e2los View Post
    I was still considering myself as being relatively young.

You had to ruin it with the Wikipedia link that correctly states that I'm older than the UDA..

Mumbles incoherently something to do with Magpie, ripped jumpers and original spangles.
    Now your talking.. spangles...sold on the terraces with macaroon bars from a box over a wee guys shoulders👍

@hibs.net private member
    Ooo a prize never thought of that....can I have a free season ticket so I can support my team as much as I can without singing stupid childish songs🤣
    Are you REALLY sure you want a season ticket 😂👍🏻

I hope they grow out of it before the next game. Times have changed and daft wee laddies need to be be told that that's what they are.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar

P*sh thread 0/10
    what's wrong with bringing it up on hibs.net? what would you have done, out of curiosity?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    what's wrong with bringing it up on hibs.net? what would you have done, out of curiosity?
    Joined in and got naked.

Everyone should start booing when they sing those songs or start singing something else.
    None of the other fans seem to sing any songs to be honest. Which is why the young team's songbook gets scrutinised.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    None of the other fans seem to sing any songs to be honest. Which is why the young team's songbook gets scrutinised.
    Nonsense, the young teams song book gets sctruinised because some of it is brutal

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    Embarrassing wee ******g scrotes imo. Whatever happened to singing songs about the team instead of terrorist groups and dead mens wives ?
    The team haha

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Had this argument at ibrox. They need to stop singing this pish. They are in the minority by doing so, therefore how can they then complain that other people don't join in. Frankly they are an embarresment. Mrs Mercer, Lee rigby, uda, the Queen,Stokes da, Why you feel the need to sing about any of the above at a hibs match is beyond me. The argument that they travel to all the games, so that gives them some sort of right to do what they want doesn't fly with me. There's plenty of us that go to support home and away who's preference is, that they pack it in.

Just adds to the missile throwing and pitch invading from last season.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Of course they shouldn't be singing about Mercer's wife or the UDA - it's cringeworthy stuff - but get a group of young laddies together at football after a few beers and you are going to get the peacock behaviour. It happens at every club without exception. They will grow out of it one day, then the next generation will take their place with daft songs. Unless the club can identify them, I'm not sure what can be done. Strict liability would help i.e. damaging the club might make them see sense.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Of course they shouldn't be singing about Mercer's wife or the UDA - it's cringeworthy stuff - but get a group of young laddies together at football after a few beers and you are going to get the peacock behaviour. It happens at every club without exception. They will grow out of it one day, then the next generation will take their place with daft songs. Unless the club can identify them, I'm not sure what can be done. Strict liability would help i.e. damaging the club might make them see sense.
    Picking them up is a start, they don't like it but hey ho. "being young" doesn't sit well with me as an excuse. It borders on the edge of justification that the old firm use to defend their actions

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    Picking them up is a start, they don't like it but hey ho. "being young" doesn't sit well with me as an excuse. It borders on the edge of justification that the old firm use to defend their actions
    A lot of people will be reluctant to tell a group of young guys to pipe down.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875