hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The young team

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you serious!? Regardless of what he did, the song is disgusting and most Hibs fans are ashamed and embarrassed to hear it being sung. What did his family do to deserve this? How would you feel if fans were singing this about your father or grandfather, mother or grandmother? I despair at the ignorant stupudity displayed on here sometimes.
    Well said Paisley Hibby. These songs about Mercer & his widow are shameful. I’d like to think you’re right in saying most Hibs fans are embarrassed by them but it doesn’t look that way when playing them at Tiny... and it’s not just the young team either belting out this piish.

Songs about the UDA are also lame. No idea why they’ve been resurrected now. Maybe it makes the singers feel hard and a bit rebellious but I’m sure there’s better ways of strutting their stuff to pretend they’re really tough guys?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    What a bunch of s*nctimonious boring tw#ts. I’m really glad you clowns weren’t near me when I got into football in the 70s cos you lot are so boring I’d probs have looked elsewhere!
    Frankly I’m pretty glad I’m not near you now.

The old I.E.C Hibs bus only played Republican songs on its travels,anyone getting on were made well aware of this,however this did not deter folk, and to my best recollection no one ever refused to get on it,however this was back in the late 80,s early 90,s and I would imagine most of them like myself have grown out of it or know it,s wrong thing to be doing these days.Hopefullu the folk doing it now will see the error of their ways and realise if your sympathys lie this way then best to keep it private and well away from the fitba. As for the Mercer song/s they are cringeworthy, guy was a prick but why should his family be derided?
    Last edited by Fanforlife; 17-09-2019 at 07:10 AM.

What a bunch of s*nctimonious boring tw#ts. I’m really glad you clowns weren’t near me when I got into football in the 70s cos you lot are so boring I’d probs have looked elsewhere!
    A stonking return to form from the Major. I read a post elsewhere from you that didn't have me thinking "wtf is he on about" and I was worried you were you losing your touch.

The point, I feel, that you're missing is that it's no longer then 70's, as much as we'd all love a return to power cuts and the 3 day working week, and most probably some of these newly christened sanctimonious *******s WERE in the stands with you in the 70's and I daresay sung some rather non PC tunes but have, unlike you it would seem, grown up and moved with the times.

The Mercer song at Tynecastle is dull and tiresome, rather like the Yams themselves oddly, but will always be sung I suspect as hatred will always be higher in the agenda of some fans than supporting the team on the pitch.

But songs about his wife and now the UDA ( ) can get right to ****.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Jesus, hope no-one from the SFA looks in on message boards or they'll be ready to haul a couple of singers out the crowd at our next game and before you know it Hibs will be made an example of for sectarian singing.
    30,000 do it every week in Glasgow, nothing done, 500 do it in the Hibs end...we'd get slaughtered.

We really need to leave these songs back in the 70's......as others have said, the Hibs songbook is broad enough to avoid us regurgitating that nonsense about mercers wife and the like.
    Stop embarrassing us !
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

First Team Breakthrough cookin_on_gaz's Avatar
    I guess one way to combat this would be people filming the ones singing these utterly detestable songs and posting it on here. Then name and shame them and shop them to the police. After a few weeks and a few banning orders we will go back to being a support that we can be proud of.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cookin_on_gaz; 17-09-2019 at 03:21 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ko Ko Joe View Post
    I guess one way to combat this would be people filming the ones singing these utterly detastable songs and posting it on here. Then name and shame them and shop them to the police. After a few weeks and a few banning orders we will go back to being a support that we can be proud of.

The Lee Wallace Method ....

First Team Breakthrough cookin_on_gaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    The Lee Wallace Method ....
    You could it that if you wanted, or maybe call it the good citizen method. Either way it, would work.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Frankly I’m pretty glad I’m not near you now.
    Ditto, mr excitement. Folk who can’t handle recalling how things were, with us as youngsters, being told how it was, in the 70s, mind many of the Hibees & tellers had had experience of a world war or 2, all you wee wannabe hurt as anything offended pretendy victims cos it’s fashionable the now, yep I’m well glad I’m no having to listen to whose the biggest victimest most offended, my peers fae the 70s were much better to listen to.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Ditto, mr excitement. Folk who can’t handle recalling how things were, with us as youngsters, being told how it was, in the 70s, mind many of the Hibees & tellers had had experience of a world war or 2, all you wee wannabe hurt as anything offended pretendy victims cos it’s fashionable the now, yep I’m well glad I’m no having to listen to whose the biggest victimest most offended, my peers fae the 70s were much better to listen to.
    Can anyone translate into English please?

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    V Boring regurgitated nonsense fi a no very original, attempted, “wise guy”! Can you supply some new material, mr as boring as previous thought he was clever joker. You lot gie amateurs a bad name!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I like reading your posts and am never offended, slightly amused maybe but never offended. Keep em coming, life would be so boring if we all agreed on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    The Mercer song at Tynecastle is dull and tiresome, rather like the Yams themselves oddly, but will always be sung I suspect as hatred will always be higher in the agenda of some fans than supporting the team on the pitch.
    This is the point I've been making though isn't it?

For about 90% of our fanbase, (vocally) supporting the team on the pitch is not on their agenda whatsoever.

This shouldn't give the young team carte blanche to sing and act however they like, but to pretend it's a case of a few bad apples singing the naughty songs while the rest of us sing the real songs is completely inaccurate.

They sing the good ones, they sing the bad ones too. Nobody else joins in either way. We need to fix that ASAP, because our support is fast going the way of Aberdeen and Hearts otherwise.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I’ll give this a stab on behalf of those that don’t want sick and sectarian songs sung amongst our support:

Yes I have sung “we hate hearts and we hate Dundee”. I can’t see that anyone seriously thinks this song equates to songs about an elderly woman keeping a dildo in her drawer due to her husband dying of cancer over a decade ago. Nor is it the same as getting involved in anything to do with Irish politics.

Anyone under 30 fair game to criticise? Nah just those singing/shouting sectarian, homophobic and generally sick songs/shouts while representing our support. And no, I won’t support “my fellow fans” when they get pulled up for this sort of thing.

Frothing at the mouth I don’t think any of us are. I’m not even offended. It’s just annoying and embarrassing for our club. Of course it’s a minority of young laddies - but people are absolutely right to call them out early doors. If we’re willing to turn a blind eye to this (or start having a go at people for “false outrage”) I might as well forget the very reasons I hate the old firm.

People shouting at the players is not far worse than the above.

And just because we’re ***** on the field just now doesn’t mean these sort of issues shouldn’t be addressed or commented on.
    Well said.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Mercer song or anything to do with the **** (hope that’s okay to call the guy) should have been banished when we won the cup and went completely full circle. Singing about a prick who’s dead and then making songs about a wifie just makes us look classless. Sir Toms sold up having saved us, does anyone deeply really care about mercer 30 years ago? Boy failed we won, leave it be.

Quote Originally Posted by tmb1875 View Post
    All this fake outrage is embarrassing!
    What we talking about here, a few guys sing f*** the uda, hope mercer died in pain and mrs mercer has a dildo in her drawer.
    You’ve got grown men frothing at the mouth because they heard a few bad boys sing a few bad things and it hurt there feelings.
    Mercer was a blood sucking Tory b****** that tried to bury our club and the working class and the uda were a gang of sectarian murderers.
    Both deserve anything that comes there way.

You ever sung we hate Jam tarts and we hate Dundee?
    Hypocrisy of some folk.
    What I find far worse and totally unacceptable is the folk shouting and swearing at the players, Your not going to stop people doing this or singing what they want, the more you try the louder they get. You either shut your ears or sing another song louder. The individuals
    chucking bottles and running into the pitch, you ban these folk when they do it problem solved.

I Never really post on this but sick of seeing the “young team” getting pelters by some self righteous f******. Which young team are you referring to btw? Any hibs fan under the age of 30 fair game? Get a grip support your fellow fans there’s enough people in the game knocking the fans. Hibs means a lot of things to a lot of people, it’s the one thing we all got in common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The outrage is not fake. I get really angry when I hear Hibs fans singing this ****. I also get angry when Hibs fans boo our players or give them abuse. All of this stuff is plain wrong. Why can't folk just support the team and stick to singing songs about Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    The outrage is not fake. I get really angry when I hear Hibs fans singing this ****. I also get angry when Hibs fans boo our players or give them abuse. All of this stuff is plain wrong. Why can't folk just support the team and stick to singing songs about Hibs.
    Totally agree. It seems to me that there is a desperate need for some people to drag up some relevance for themselves by promoting hate and it’s not just our fans. It’s desperately sad that they don’t get the idea that the best thing for both team and supporters is to actually SUPPORT the team.

Come on guys you’ve got some terrific songs that get behind the team and lift the support. There seems to be genuine movement across the whole country in trying to rid itself of sectarianism. Let’s just join in and drop the bile and hate. Leave that to the dinosaurs at other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    does anyone deeply really care about mercer 30 years ago?
    I think you'll find many of us still do.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    This is the point I've been making though isn't it?

For about 90% of our fanbase, (vocally) supporting the team on the pitch is not on their agenda whatsoever.

This shouldn't give the young team carte blanche to sing and act however they like, but to pretend it's a case of a few bad apples singing the naughty songs while the rest of us sing the real songs is completely inaccurate.

They sing the good ones, they sing the bad ones too. Nobody else joins in either way. We need to fix that ASAP, because our support is fast going the way of Aberdeen and Hearts otherwise.
    Remember when the songs reverberated round the stadium. Usually kicked off in the East but sometimes a Hibbees, Hibbees from the West.

I can try.

He likes the 70s better than us. We're offended and hurt and can't handle him talking about how much he likes the 70s.

Yours,
    Mr excitement.

P.S. For what it's worth, I agree with Scouse. I generally find MajorHibs posts fairly amusing. He has never, ever offended (only completely baffled) me.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I like reading your posts and am never offended, slightly amused maybe but never offended. Keep em coming, life would be so boring if we all agreed on everything.

No it wouldn't.

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by One Day View Post

Yes
    Mercer is the reason for the one and only time i ever saw my proud old man in tears. For that reason alone he's a **** and always will be 6 feet under or not

Playing devils advocate, would singing about Ricksen’s wife be acceptable to those who sing about Mercer’s wife, given he was a horrible git on the park when he played for Rangers?

Playing devils advocate, would singing about Ricksen’s wife be acceptable to those who sing about Mercer’s wife, given he was a horrible git on the park when he played for Rangers?
    Aye, that's the same thing eh?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Aye, that's the same thing eh?
    I wouldn’t see any difference singing about either Ricksen’s wife (in my hypothetical question) than singing about Mercer’s wife. What’s different?

I wouldn’t see any difference singing about either Ricksen’s wife (in my hypothetical question) than singing about Mercer’s wife. What’s different?
    Singing about anybody's wife is ***** chat and lower than a snake's belly but if you momentarily enter the headspace of the rockets that think it's fair game, compare Wallace Mercer and what he did in life as far as Hibs go vs Ricksen and what he did in life as far as Hibs go and it's not rocket science to see the difference. A non-entity of an excuse IMO but we have our fair share of incorrigible ********s in our support regrettably.

I dinnae sing about anybody's wife so it's not something I'll spend time giving a great deal of thought to.

ive just asked james williamson of the sleaford mods to give us an anti jambo song which while full of vitriol wont shock the gorgie slum masses

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by j'adorehibs View Post
    ive just asked james williamson of the sleaford mods to give us an anti jambo song which while full of vitriol wont shock the gorgie slum masses
    I like the effort that’s gone into this.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net