hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But lots of fans didn’t take to him before he was a failure.

True.

Harsh, unfair... and probably correct, as it turns out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    If only Heckingbottom had a piss easy start to his Hibs career like our previous manager did. He inherited a shambles, got us into the top six somehow and is now trying to build a new team. It doesn't happen over night. Pundits are saying we were good for long spells on Saturday, disgruntled fans are saying we were rotten. Truth is we're probably somewhere in the middle. We'll win the derby and probably push on.
    He had a piss easy start to the league cup games followed by only one very tough game on paper in the league. He’s managed to base the whole thing up and the “shambles” must not be that bad as about seven of his summer signings can’t get in the team.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    True.

Harsh, unfair... and probably correct, as it turns out.
    I don’t think so. All away games and the derby everyone was belting out Heckys at the wheel.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    Ah, the old transition period excuse. Not seen that one since Collins, Mixu, Yogi, Calderwood and Butcher.

What I like about that particular excuse is that it always seems to ignore the other sides in our league that are doing well with just as many new signings.

FWIW I've probably peddled that same idea at one of those points. Unfortunately time tells you that it's usually just the straw that you clutch when there's literally nothing left to be positive about.
    More of a fact than an excuse. What is for sure he isn't getting much out of either new players or existing players.

There was a thread on here earlier when plenty admitted they just simply didn't like him. For some reason his face just hasn't fit here.

Of course more and more are coming round to the fact he is just not upto the job. But regardless he was onto a loser anyway. Any slip up was going to be jumped upon way more than Lennon or Stubbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    There was a thread on here earlier when plenty admitted they just simply didn't like him. For some reason his face just hasn't fit here.

Of course more and more are coming round to the fact he is just not upto the job. But regardless he was onto a loser anyway. Any slip up was going to be jumped upon way more than Lennon or Stubbs.
    He's boring, our team is boring and I'm bored of him.

Get him tae ****!

He ain't half as boring as the same posters making the same point over and over again.
    I think we are all agreed it's probably best he moves on but that doesn't explain the constant vitriol on these pages.
    We have a derby on Sunday which is massive. We need to win regardless of who is manager.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    He ain't half as boring as the same posters making the same point over and over again.
    I think we are all agreed it's probably best he moves on but that doesn't explain the constant vitriol on these pages.
    We have a derby on Sunday which is massive. We need to win regardless of who is manager.
    Agreed, its almost like toys out the pram with some at the moment.

Left by mutual consent!
    Does your point about the same posters making the same point over and over again apply to all posters and viewpoints on the scenario or just the ones you don't like?

Does it apply to the many almost carbon copies of your post above as well?

Boring.

Does your point about the same posters making the same point over and over again apply to all posters and viewpoints on the scenario or just the ones you don't like?

Boring.
    Ooh did your wee alarm go off?

Yes, Sunday is massive for both clubs but you just can't possibly get excited about any Hibs game under him tenure.

Saying that it could end up 5-5

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

Boring.
    Some of the negative opinions are being dropped into totally unrelated threads on top of the numerous threads that they’re suited for. That’s the bit that’s really boring. Hearts might be appointing Neil McCann? Let’s pile in here and slaughter PH. Hibs have a job opportunity coming up in the offices. Let’s get tore into PH in here as well.

It’s understandable people having negative opinions but there’s some posters who are going out their way to plaster them everywhere, even if it doesn’t belong on the thread they’re posting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Yes, Sunday is massive for both clubs but you just can't possibly get excited about any Hibs game under him tenure.

Saying that it could end up 5-5
    Preferably 5-4 to us......

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Genuinely curious as to why? Appreciate Lennon going to Celtic was hard to accept, but why didn't you give our new manager a chance?

Maybe I'm too soft but I'll give every new player/manager the benefit of doubt before being critical.
    I'd never heard of the guy so when he was announced I had no opinion either way. I kinda felt, meh, ach well, lets see how it goes. I was happy to give him a chance.

Then I saw his first interview and immediately I thought of Calderwood. Passionless and sounding like he couldn't care less when he was just in the door. Compare that to Lennon or Stubbs who were over the moon to be with us.

Fair enough he got us some results against the bottom six teams last year and we got wins over St J and Hearts. I didn't see any of that as the second coming though like some on here did. With the squad he inherited I was expecting us to beat bottom six teams and to compete with the top 6.

The performances and results post split were crap.

Then we move into the summer and he signs a whole load of dross. The crap form continues into the League Cup which he saw as friendlies.

Then the league starts and nothing improves. It's crap boring football with no results.

It's just been crap football for most of his time and I don't see him improving things. I think it will get worse.

I don't think he has a clue what he's talking about. Listen to any one of his interviews and he says nothing.

After the Motherwell game his line was that everyone needs to get better. Players, coaches, him, everyone at the club. What does that even mean? We need to get better?? Sherlock here eh.

I barely think he's a manager. I think he applied for a job that was way above his ability and he's now being found out. The longer he's here the more damage is being done.

So yeah, I'm not for giving him more time at all. I want him emptied pronto and I want an actual football manager to replace him. Someone that has heard of Hibs before applying would be a bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I'd never heard of the guy so when he was announced I had no opinion either way. I kinda felt, meh, ach well, lets see how it goes. I was happy to give him a chance.

Then I saw his first interview and immediately I thought of Calderwood. Passionless and sounding like he couldn't care less when he was just in the door. Compare that to Lennon or Stubbs who were over the moon to be with us.

Fair enough he got us some results against the bottom six teams last year and we got wins over St J and Hearts. I didn't see any of that as the second coming though like some on here did. With the squad he inherited I was expecting us to beat bottom six teams and to compete with the top 6.

The performances and results post split were crap.

Then we move into the summer and he signs a whole load of dross. The crap form continues into the League Cup which he saw as friendlies.

Then the league starts and nothing improves. It's crap boring football with no results.

It's just been crap football for most of his time and I don't see him improving things. I think it will get worse.

I don't think he has a clue what he's talking about. Listen to any one of his interviews and he says nothing.

After the Motherwell game his line was that everyone needs to get better. Players, coaches, him, everyone at the club. What does that even mean? We need to get better?? Sherlock here eh.

I barely think he's a manager. I think he applied for a job that was way above his ability and he's now being found out. The longer he's here the more damage is being done.

So yeah, I'm not for giving him more time at all. I want him emptied pronto and I want an actual football manager to replace him. Someone that has heard of Hibs before applying would be a bonus!
    He could only piss with the cock he had last season and did very well with it. Remember that was a team that won one or two games in sixteen under Lennon.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ooh did your wee alarm go off?
    There you are again deliberately antagonising people for a reaction.

Admins, are you going to do something about this incessant trolling?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    There you are again deliberately antagonising people for a reaction.

Admins, are you going to do something about this incessant trolling?
    FFS are you 12?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Some of the negative opinions are being dropped into totally unrelated threads on top of the numerous threads that they’re suited for. That’s the bit that’s really boring. Hearts might be appointing Neil McCann? Let’s pile in here and slaughter PH. Hibs have a job opportunity coming up in the offices. Let’s get tore into PH in here as well.

It’s understandable people having negative opinions but there’s some posters who are going out their way to plaster them everywhere, even if it doesn’t belong on the thread they’re posting on.
    Football fans are fickle, the quicker you get over that the more enjoyable your life will be and you won't have to keep making boring and repetitive posts moaning about other people's posts.

Also, you're on a thread called 'get Hecky to ****' surely you weren't expecting it to be full of peace and love?
    Last edited by The_Horde; 19-09-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    FFS are you 12?
    If I am would that make you a bully?

Football fans are fickle, the quicker you get over that the more enjoyable your life will be and you won't have to keep making boring and repetitive posts moaning about other people's posts.
    He was exactly the same as you from the very start of the season until Lennon was punted, but FFS moaning to the admins is as lame as it gets in my opinion.

If I am would that make you a bully?
    This is getting like the guy holding a gun trying to provoke the police into shooting him.
    A painful watch.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I don’t think so. All away games and the derby everyone was belting out Heckys at the wheel.

Yes they were, but there is no question that a decent proportion of fans were unconvinced by his appointment and have never been won over.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Wait, is there two 90+2 posters?

On one post he’s “not got a clue” and the next it’s “weird to not give the new guy time”.

I’m confused
    Haha, what a total fud. 😂 Absolute weirdo of a poster.

Left by mutual consent!
    This is getting like the guy holding a gun trying to provoke the police into shooting him.
    A painful watch.
    Try not to make your intentions too obvious, eh?

Also, you're on a thread called 'get Hecky to ****' surely you weren't expecting it to be full of peace and love?
    And this is one of the threads I’d expect people to be moaning on. And probably repeating themselves on because people like to have a moan. No issues with that.

It’s the folk that are railroading threads that have nothing to do with PH or what’s going on on the field into threads to slate him and the club that are boring.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 19-09-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He was exactly the same as you from the very start of the season until Lennon was punted, but FFS moaning to the admins is as lame as it gets in my opinion.
    There he is.

Left by mutual consent!
    And this is one of the threads I’d expect people to be moaning on. And probably repeating themselves on because people like to have a moan. No issues with that.

It’s the folk that are railroading threads that have nothing to do with PH or what’s going on on the field into threads to slate him that are boring.
    That's the way it is when things are bad though, so you're going to have to get used to it or go read something that's more exciting until the good times arrive again.

That's the way it is when things are bad though, so you're going to have to get used to it or go read something that's more exciting until the good times arrive again.
    To be fair, you’re not wrong, it is how it’s going to be unfortunately.

There he is.
    Yip there he is pointing out the hypocrisy, when you were exactly the same last season, jumping on every thread to spread your misery.

Funny that eh?

Try not to make your intentions too obvious, eh?
    Nice try.