On a flight.

Anything wrong doing this?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On a flight.

Anything wrong doing this?
    Arguably not, but why would you do so in the first place?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Arguably not, but why would you do so in the first place?
    Pan Am memorabilia is really collectible and some of it goes for crazy prices. I'm a total plane geek and have often had to have a word with myself during late night Ebay sessions. I usually distract myself with an hour or so watching take off and landing videos on YouTube instead. Pan Am are pretty much the embodiment of what many consider the golden age of air travel.

I've never seen a Pan Am T shirt and I probably wouldn't wear one but I can see why they might be popular.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Pan Am memorabilia is really collectible and some of it goes for crazy prices. I'm a total plane geek and have often had to have a word with myself during late night Ebay sessions. I usually distract myself with an hour or so watching take off and landing videos on YouTube instead. Pan Am are pretty much the embodiment of what many consider the golden age of air travel.

I've never seen a Pan Am T shirt and I probably wouldn't wear one but I can see why they might be popular.
    Same here PB I watch all sorts including accidents take offs the lot. I have a Pan Am amenity kit and also a TWA one.

Same here PB I watch all sorts including accidents take offs the lot. I have a Pan Am amenity kit and also a TWA one.
    I'm not into buying a lot of memorabilia although I have the odd few bits and pieces. I love the idea of it though.

I watched a video recently about a guy who build a complete and exact replica of a 1970s Pan Am 747 1st class lounge, complete with spiral staircase, in his garage. When it got too big for that he moved it to a warehouse. He sourced real parts from plane scrapyards. His attention to detail was amazing. It impressed me way more than it really should have.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not into buying a lot of memorabilia although I have the odd few bits and pieces. I love the idea of it though.

I watched a video recently about a guy who build a complete and exact replica of a 1970s Pan Am 747 1st class lounge, complete with spiral staircase, in his garage. When it got too big for that he moved it to a warehouse. He sourced real parts from plane scrapyards. His attention to detail was amazing. It impressed me way more than it really should have.
    I would take a seat but that would be it tbh. I had a go in a 737 sim a few weeks ago. Very enjoyable.

How come you only ever click on threads about watching plane crashes when you're sitting at an airport on your phone?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    How come you only ever click on threads about watching plane crashes when you're sitting at an airport on your phone?
    Haha

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Haha
    https://youtu.be/DfaYKYFYHBk

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    My youngest Daughter is an odd one, as a kid and every time before we were ready to jet off on holiday she would binge on Air crash investigation, she is a frequent flier and through work flies to France, Austria, Germany or Switzerland at least once a week, ****ing freak that she is 😆

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Slight tangent but a few years ago me and the wife were heading on the bike to NI for a weekend at the North West 200 bike racing. The ferry was rammed full of bikers and the captain obviously had a sick sense of humour. The full journey was spent with the TVs playing endless footage of bike crashes😂