hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwasthere View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair, there is a lot more than skin colour linking the the player to the story. His age at the time in question, nationality + heritage, length of deal. Could you name another French-congolese 16 y/o player who was signed on a 2 year deal circa 2005?

The bit about not being Lua Lua's nephew was said 99% in jest but your logic is flawed in that your suggesting that the media couldn't possibly have got something wrong in 2005 but have ran a story today about a fraudster claiming he was once a Hibs player and just took him at face value???

Not sure I'm all that comfortable with your hidden accusation of racism if I'm being honest and can't help but think that you're the one who's made that link as I can't see that anywhere in anything I've written?
    It wouldn’t be the first time this has happened tbh. Re your last para I mean.

2. Log in to remove the advert

In hindsight if I was to rewrite my post I probably wouldn't have said "has to be" given the pure guesswork on my behalf but I tried to qualify it with "if this is true" and was only trying to put forward a suggestion. Put it down to a touch of stage fright on my first post but given the fact I now have post count of 3, I think it's unlikely I'll be called to give evidence at the trial anyway.

... tough crowd!
    Last edited by Iwasthere; 13-09-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    In hindsight if I was to rewrite my post I probably wouldn't have said "has to be" given the pure guesswork on my behalf but I tried to qualify it with "if this is true" and was only trying to put forward a suggestion. Put it down to a touch of stage fright on my first post but given the fact I now have post count of 3, I think it's unlikely I'll be called to give evidence at the trial anyway.

... tough crowd!
    I hear you and like I said I unfortunately made the same connection myself so it wasn’t intended to be any sort of accusation. I just felt that given the names, ages, countries of origin, time and age they joined Hibs were all different it wasn’t fair to say it had to be him but I take your latest point that it wasn’t intended in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    It wouldn’t be the first time this has happened tbh. Re your last para I mean.
    It won’t be the last either, tamig

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    To be fair, there is a lot more than skin colour linking the the player to the story. His age at the time in question, nationality + heritage, length of deal. Could you name another French-congolese 16 y/o player who was signed on a 2 year deal circa 2005?

The bit about not being Lua Lua's nephew was said 99% in jest but your logic is flawed in that your suggesting that the media couldn't possibly have got something wrong in 2005 but have ran a story today about a fraudster claiming he was once a Hibs player and just took him at face value???

Not sure I'm all that comfortable with your hidden accusation of racism if I'm being honest and can't help but think that you're the one who's made that link as I can't see that anywhere in anything I've written?
    Me too

I would not lose any sleep about it

MWC has previous for accusing people of racism

I replied to a post re a DM about a year ago involving Kamara Milligan and Bartley and had the same hidden accusation of supposed racism

TBH initially I had no idea what he was on about

He has previous

Do not worry about it

[QUOTE=My_Wife_Camille;5925497]I hear you and like I said I unfortunately made the same connection myself so it wasn’t intended to be any sort of accusation. I just felt that given the names, ages, countries of origin, time and age they joined Hibs were all different it wasn’t fair to say it had to be him but I take your latest point that it wasn’t intended in that way.

No worries. I can't imagine the club would let this slide if he wasn't involved with us at some stage so I guess we'll find out at some point.

Personally, I'd be quite happy to be proved wrong and it turn out that this Hibs career was just another figment of his imagination. Might help get a DM in to when we sue the rags!

Can't help seeing the connections with Yvan though as I was originally wrong in saying he was from Cameroon, he is actually French-congolese same as in the article he was 16 in 2004 (albeit signed a year later) which would make him 31 now same as the story and I would also imagine that given the hype and 2 year deal he would have been on a better salary than most at his age.

Anyway, I'm clearly just joining dots and probably making a bit of a **** of it too! I'll put my Sherlock pipe back in the drawer for now!

If this is true then it has to be "wonderkid" Yvan Tomatula (name change wouldnt be that suprising tbh). Don't know where others got the year and age but he was signed in 2005 at 17 y/o and was highly rated (probably not 2k p.w mind!)

Came from Cameroon so French speaking makes sense and doesn't look like he made it after us either. Can't find a single picture but I met him once in City nightclub and the face rings a bell.

Anyway whoever did it is a ****bag of the highest order and, given the fact that a whole forum of fans don't have a clue who he is, doesn't deserve to be labelled an ex Hibs player

First post btw... and if I'm wrong, possibly last!
    Looked for a photo too but couldn't find one either. Found a Scotsman article that mentions Michael Stewart was in the team at the same time so could Tweet him and ask if looks like the same guy and if he ever gave him any money.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries

No worries. I can't imagine the club would let this slide if he wasn't involved with us at some stage so I guess we'll find out at some point.

Personally, I'd be quite happy to be proved wrong and it turn out that this Hibs career was just another figment of his imagination. Might help get a DM in to when we sue the rags!

Can't help seeing the connections with Yvan though as I was originally wrong in saying he was from Cameroon, he is actually French-congolese same as in the article he was 16 in 2004 (albeit signed a year later) which would make him 31 now same as the story and I would also imagine that given the hype and 2 year deal he would have been on a better salary than most at his age.

Anyway, I'm clearly just joining dots and probably making a bit of a **** of it too! I'll put my Sherlock pipe back in the drawer for now!
    How’s this for a new bit of evidence - a tweet from Lualua himself where he gives a shout out to one of his nephews who’s surname is also Nkasi. Looks like it’s becoming clear after all

https://twitter.com/lualuaofficiale/...745178113?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    How’s this for a new bit of evidence - a tweet from Lualua himself where he gives a shout out to one of his nephews who’s surname is also Nkasi. Looks like it’s becoming clear after all

https://twitter.com/lualuaofficiale/...745178113?s=21
    *quickly opens drawer and retrieves pipe*

Jokes aside, I don't feel great hearing this as it has dragged our teams name into the media for all the wrong reasons. By all accounts the lad had a lot of talent but looks like he's done a good job of ****ing it all up. He's in the right place now though and hopefully he stays in there and keeps us on the back pages!