hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: I Love Hibs

I Love Hibs

I know there has been a lot of negativity recently. Perhaps rightly so. Despite mine or anyone else' level of confidence in the management team, what I can say is, I absolutely love Hibernian FC.

Strolling home last night, I seen a wee boy playing football with his dad. He had a Hibs kit on. What made it even better was that they were from Spain (judging by the accents). That is what it's all about. Wee lump in my throat.

Everything that preceded that Scottish Cup win was totally worth it. It's our day and no other team can have that. They don't have our roots or our history. Here is to more good times and to more tough times. We Are HIbernian FC....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Me too through thick and thin

Sorry going to have to be pished to respond to this ... see you all back here at midnight?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I agree, I’ve seen much much worse than this. What’s happening now is a minor blip and it won’t stop me following and backing the team.

United we stand here....

Always have, always will
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

I me anaw.💚

Quote Originally Posted by Paloschi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know there has been a lot of negativity recently. Perhaps rightly so. Despite mine or anyone else' level of confidence in the management team, what I can say is, I absolutely love Hibernian FC.

Strolling home last night, I seen a wee boy playing football with his dad. He had a Hibs kit on. What made it even better was that they were from Spain (judging by the accents). That is what it's all about. Wee lump in my throat.

Everything that preceded that Scottish Cup win was totally worth it. It's our day and no other team can have that. They don't have our roots or our history. Here is to more good times and to more tough times. We Are HIbernian FC....
    Aye, and the worse things get just now, the more we'll enjoy the next Scottish Cup win.....in 2130.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Always have, always will

Even in the bad times.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Hail or snow or thunderstorms..

Left by mutual consent!
    Never doubted it, always will.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKTILLDROP View Post
    Me too through thick and thin
    An Endless love affair 🇺🇿
    Last edited by leith lynx; 13-09-2019 at 11:35 AM.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Always have, always will
    Correct mate.

First Team Regular
    Darren Jackson equalises in Brussels and 2000 drunk Hibees are on cloud 9.

I love Hibs

Left by mutual consent!
    Yes me too. Went to my first game at Easter Road in 1967 and even now, thousands of miles away I can't watch the cup final without tears streaming down my face. My Thai wife thinks I'm mad, shouting at my phone whilst watching a game on Hibs tv at 02.30 in the morning.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I was a Jambo born and bred in Gorgie

My dad was a big Hibby always banging on about Gordon Smith Lawrie Reilly and the Famous Five

He took me to the Inter Cities Fairs Cup game versus Leeds Utd in 1968 aged 10 years old

As soon as I saw the green strips and the white sleeves running out in front of a 40000 crowd underneath the floodlights I thought to myself “That’s my team!”

Despite all the times they've let me down, I'm still a Hibs fan.

The regular downs just make the infrequent highs all the better.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    Yep, there’s certainly a love that’s for sure. I’m like that psycho boyfriend that keeps showing up at the door years later! It never ends! Real love 💚

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I don’t pay much attention to Gordon Strachan usually but when he admitted on Saturday that he had a boy crush on Pat Stanton I knew what he meant cos I definitely did as a lad.
    I love Hibs and Pat’s the main reason why.

First Team Breakthrough
    Been in love with Hibs for over 40 years .. May 2016 felt like me renewing marriage vows with them .. unfortunately since you know who took charge at the wheel I feel like I just don’t “fancy” them anymore .. will always love them but the sparkle has definitely gone ... and it depresses the ***** out of me to admit it 😢

@hibs.net private member
    Why do I support hibs because we will never win the league every year or win the cups every year but they are my team born and bread my father stayed in east Thomas street just of Easter road long gone now but he brought me up to support a football team that played football now my son wont miss a game as he says I dont care there my team I done something right hibs are in my blood always will be seen managers come and go seen players come and go but at the end of the day I will anyone who wears the famous green and white will always be a hibby till I die and proud.

GGTTH.