hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Efe is excellent - would have him back immediately.

Not sure if he fits Heckinbothams fast paced high pressing game though...............................

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Efe is excellent - would have him back immediately.

Not sure if he fits Heckinbothams fast paced high pressing game though...............................
    In that case get him in as manager then

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Utterly magnificent. He walks out on us purely for potential financial gain.
    Months later he hasn't played a single game of football since he left and is basically whoring himself to anyone that will have him.
    The reaction on here? Poster after poster queueing up to praise the guy who walked out on us and slate the already under pressure manager based on the reasoning that we should go chasing after Efe.
    Needless to say nobody actually knows whether we have been in contact but why let that spoil the chance to put the boot in.
    I would be happy to have him back if the manager wants him but on our terms only.
    The first two lines of your post could equally apply to Scott Allan. It would also appear that we are indeed "done" in the transfer market unless we move somebody out first.

Sad state of affairs at a club with the thick end of 13k season tickets, but par for the course it would now appear under our bright shiny new owner.

(Who seems to have done a disappearing act since he bought us over with promises of future league title challenges.)

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WellingtonHibby View Post
    This. Squad is already choked with below average defenders. We'd need to cut losses on one of them and look to punt them in Jan. Cant see Heckingbottom doing that. He'd look a joke admitting his signings aren't up to it this early on
    Or he could replace Hanlon?

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Utterly magnificent. He walks out on us purely for potential financial gain.
    Months later he hasn't played a single game of football since he left and is basically whoring himself to anyone that will have him.
    The reaction on here? Poster after poster queueing up to praise the guy who walked out on us and slate the already under pressure manager based on the reasoning that we should go chasing after Efe.
    Needless to say nobody actually knows whether we have been in contact but why let that spoil the chance to put the boot in.
    I would be happy to have him back if the manager wants him but on our terms only.
    I would take him back, and like others that is on the basis that we clearly need to improve in defence if we are to have a decent season. He left as he was entitled to do so under his contract.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    He would be a very, very worthwhile signing for us and would walk back into our team any day of the week.

This kind of signing would work wonders in helping to settle what is a very aggravated support at the moment. We miss having someone in our defence who can walk the ball up and allow the midfielders to not sit as deeply as they are at the moment.

Come back Efe .

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Sooner or later Wee Ron’s gonna have to put his hand in his pocket to get us out of this mess

No one can blame him for biding his time

We will have a better idea after Saturday
    Is he? Why? Hibs will have money aside for sacking Hecky if need be. We'll sign players in January, we'll move a few on.

Farmer never put his hand in his pocket and we're much better off financially now so why would Ron have to?

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I don’t think we should. It was his choice to leave, we offered him a lucrative contract to stay but he chose a six month contract at Derby instead.

Loved him at Hibs, still do, but he’s made his bed.
    Tend to agree. By all accounts he was offered a cracking deal to stay and the fans adored him. He turned his back on that to chase the money and it's not worked out for him.

Besides, I think we have bigger problems than central defence.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Is he? Why? Hibs will have money aside for sacking Hecky if need be. We'll sign players in January, we'll move a few on.

Farmer never put his hand in his pocket and we're much better off financially now so why would Ron have to?
    Well for a start on taking over he said that there were exciting times ahead and that he hoped to build a team to be challenging for honours in Scotland in the not too distant future

Right now I feel he is taking his time and assessing every aspect of our great club both on the field and behind the scenes

I also get the feeling that in seasons to come if we need money for the right players it will be there as I have total faith in the wee man to deliver what he promised

Right now though back to the present day I am not getting too excited are you?

We will have a better idea on Saturday

If we lose by all means get Efe in 😁

First Team Regular dalkeith stu's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibeestu07
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Bring him home. The boy is sheer class
    HOME!!!!! He couldn't wait to **** off for the hope of more cash down south!!! How did that work out for him???

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by dalkeith stu View Post
    HOME!!!!! He couldn't wait to **** off for the hope of more cash down south!!! How did that work out for hom???
    Footballer in wanting to make more money at a higher level shocker.

Left by mutual consent!
    HOME!!!!! He couldn't wait to **** off for the hope of more cash down south!!! How did that work out for him???
    Hibs as a club have always had the mentality of being a stepping stone for players to go onto 'bigger' things. Efe is a fine player, gave his all for the club, then wanted to leave to try and further his career as well as make the most he can out of a short career. This has been the case of hundreds of players in the past and will be the case for many more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Tend to agree. By all accounts he was offered a cracking deal to stay and the fans adored him. He turned his back on that to chase the money and it's not worked out for him.

Besides, I think we have bigger problems than central defence.
    He was here purely to get his residency Visa, he could've left in January for a small fee but chose to go for nowt.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Sign him up! Would certainly improve the defence.

@hibs.net private member
    How he left is water under the bridge and some posters are being awfy hard on him. Hibernian knew the terms previously..... however, we are where we are and, lets face it, we're no' doing the best defensively!!. "Budget" spent or not, I think it would be remiss of Hibernian not to at least enquire!

I think it would be a good move l round. I'd be happy for him to return.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I'll drive to Derby to collect him!
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I'll drive to Derby to collect him!
    Be a wasted trip. Hes in Nigeria

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Be a wasted trip. Hes in Nigeria

I'll get him at East Midlands Airport then.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    He was here purely to get his residency Visa, he could've left in January for a small fee but chose to go for nowt.
    His choice he owed us nothing and was fantastic for us.

Nice avatar, that was after his Tynecastle winner right? You know, the one after he came back after ****ing off for more cash. How did that work out for him???

Left by mutual consent!
    If there is any hope of this I really want him to come back. Not only is he exciting to watch but he offers us so much versatility in terms of formation. Get him some slippers and a smocking jacket with his initials on.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    The first two lines of your post could equally apply to Scott Allan. It would also appear that we are indeed "done" in the transfer market unless we move somebody out first.

Sad state of affairs at a club with the thick end of 13k season tickets, but par for the course it would now appear under our bright shiny new owner.

(Who seems to have done a disappearing act since he bought us over with promises of future league title challenges.)
    The guy who was in behind the goals before our last home game has disappeared?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post

To be honest, I'd be more concerned if he started changing everything after being in the door 5 minutes.

To any hibs associated employee that may be looking in on this forum,please advise anyone who will listen to have a real go at signing EFE AMBROSE again,as he is exactly what we need at the back.

DO IT FOR THE FANS!!

Get him signed hibs!!

You must be happy with our defence. Wow. Ambrose is miles and miles better than any of our "defenders.
    "

Porteous still getting upto speed and can't be relied on to sort our backline problems,hanlon way out of form,daz mcgregor struggling lucky to see him before christmas,jackson half decent so far. SIGN HIM UP HIBS!!

If we never had McGinn, McGeouch, Allan (for that loan) etc then Efe rightly would have been lauded as our best player. Some would argue he was our most consistent player despite his tag elsewhere of being a bombscare. Personally I don't mind that he left us to chase some money.

I think it was always on that cards that he was going to do it when he did because of Visa reasons I believe. So if it was a choice either not have him at all, or have him for 2 years and lose him for free in January I know what one I would take.

He was a genuine entertainer and if I'm being brutally honest he was one of the few positives of that 3 month spell before he left where we were utterly gash but he was at least worth going to see.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    If we never had McGinn, McGeouch, Allan (for that loan) etc then Efe rightly would have been lauded as our best player. Some would argue he was our most consistent player despite his tag elsewhere of being a bombscare. Personally I don't mind that he left us to chase some money.

I think it was always on that cards that he was going to do it when he did because of Visa reasons I believe. So if it was a choice either not have him at all, or have him for 2 years and lose him for free in January I know what one I would take.

He was a genuine entertainer and if I'm being brutally honest he was one of the few positives of that 3 month spell before he left where we were utterly gash but he was at least worth going to see.
    His last game at Easter Road against Hearts he was totally outstanding taking the ball out of defence dragging us up the park by the scruff of the neck at every opportunity towards the Hearts box
    He looked like a man that knew he was playing his last game for The Cabbage