hibs.net Messageboard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by ChooseLife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't have the amount of life experience as you do, you'll have to forgive me, that figure being over inflated just means that we didn't need all of the Europa League money for our transfer business, no one has addressed the point about the missing money, it's just people debating if we payed 200K for the sevco loan despite me editing it to 50k swiftly after it was pointed out to me it was wrong, I've overestimated our spend and underestimated transfer income, where is the Mcginn money?
    Typically these loans deals are financially settled by a loan to cover the wages of the player that are being covered by club who are being lent the player. So if we are being lent the player for 44 weeks and paying £2k of his wage there would be a loan fee of £88k. It may be paid in monthly instalments. There also may some compensation for the depreciation of his transfer value to Rangers over the 44 weeks.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Donít spite your face and keep your nose on. He moved on for more money and more opportunity, just as the vast majority of footballers would do. It hasnít worked out for him but thatís not a sound reason for us going in the powder puff with him. If heís available and of a mind to come back, I say we go for it.

I can sort of see where he's coming from though, we gave Efe a chance to earn his residency visa and seemingly offered him a very lucrative new deal, even if he was leaving in the January, it would've been nice if he had left with a transfer giving us a wee bit back instead of going for nowt using his wee get out clause.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I can sort of see where he's coming from though, we gave Efe a chance to earn his residency visa and seemingly offered him a very lucrative new deal, even if he was leaving in the January, it would've been nice if he had left with a transfer giving us a wee bit back instead of going for nowt using his wee get out clause.
    On the other hand, it seemed he struggled to get a club after leaving having done nothing after a trial at Derby. Perhaps he was advised to leave like he did to make it easier to get a club. Who afterall was going to pay a fee for him considering he canít get a gig down the road as a free agent just now?

I think Efe was playing for Neil Lennon, rather than Hibs. I'm not sure Hecky would be able to manage him as well.

First Team Regular
    While the other defenders clear their lines by blootering the ball up the park Efe would take the more difficult option of carrying the ball out of defence and either picking out a midfielder or going on a mazy run. This is why IMO there's currently no link up between defence and midfield because none of them do what Efe did.

Signing Efe should be a no brainer, to me if the no money line gets used it could be because of a lack of ambition from Ron