hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    @hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He also plaid 34 games in a team that was relegated
    We wouldn't have got relegated if he hadn't of got injured at the beginning of March

2. Log in to remove the advert

He also plaid 34 games in a team that was relegated
    Have you just borrowed your user name?

Hanlons been a liability this season. If we had more options and less Injuries I would have no complaints if he was dropped. Ambrose is 10x a better player.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    We wouldn't have got relegated if he hadn't of got injured at the beginning of March
    This. Although he’s been shocking for 18 months now.

Agree!

Agree!

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This. Although he’s been shocking for 18 months now.
    He missed most of the 1st half of last season with a knee injury. I thought he was ok 2nd half of last season but agreed, he's been poor this season.

I can't help but think a lot of that is to do with the lack of protection from midfield. It'll be interesting to see if his form changes if we get a recognised defensive midfielder in.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    He's just not very good though. He tries and he has been a loyal servant but really, when it comes down to it. He doesn't have it. Its why he has been with us his whole career. Id be extremely interested to see his percentages of successful tackles, Interceptions, Aerial duals won and lost along with completed passes.

I'm fairly confident he would be in the lower percentiles comparatively to other CB's in top six teams In the SPL.
    So why have so many managers stuck with him?

He's just not very good though. He tries and he has been a loyal servant but really, when it comes down to it. He doesn't have it. Its why he has been with us his whole career. Id be extremely interested to see his percentages of successful tackles, Interceptions, Aerial duals won and lost along with completed passes.

I'm fairly confident he would be in the lower percentiles comparatively to other CB's in top six teams In the SPL.
    Just noticed this. Go and find the stats and it might put you back in your box. His interception rate is in top 6 players in Scotland. His pass rate is better than any CH outside the old firm. His pass rate leading to a dangerous attack is also top 6. And that’s why he keeps getting picked when all the experts on forums saying he is rubbish. I’ll trust a trained coaches opinion first. 👍

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Just noticed this. Go and find the stats and it might put you back in your box. His interception rate is in top 6 players in Scotland. His pass rate is better than any CH outside the old firm. His pass rate leading to a dangerous attack is also top 6. And that’s why he keeps getting picked when all the experts on forums saying he is rubbish. I’ll trust a trained coaches opinion first. 👍
    Now you’re letting facts get in the way of message board opinions, that will never do 😁

Youve said all these things before. Do you have a link or know where to find these stats? They sound quite interesting and i would like to see where he and his team mates stand in relation to the rest of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    So why have so many managers stuck with him?
    Is the correct answer.
    Yet folk on here know better.
    Same goes for Stevenson. I have had concerns about aspects of his play since he first came into the Hibs team but year after year manager after manager have decided that he is the best guy to do the job at his pay grade. Common sense would suggest they can't all be wrong.
    Professional sport is brutal and neither Hanlon and Stevenson are in the team on sentiment. Once they aren't up to it they will be removed, but as things stand they are still considered up to it by those whose opinion matters.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Youve said all these things before. Do you have a link or know where to find these stats? They sound quite interesting and i would like to see where he and his team mates stand in relation to the rest of the league.
    Go look for yourself.

Go look for yourself.
    Where? Thats what im asking. Assuming you arent making it up that is.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Where? Thats what im asking. Assuming you arent making it up that is.
    Google. I’ve looked it up in the past. It brakes down all the players. But if I was going to go on a forum to slate a player I’d have some actual evidence rather than just listening to the boy in the pub. The majority that slate him and Stevenson wouldn’t know a decent defender if he was sitting on their face.

Google. I’ve looked it up in the past. It brakes down all the players. But if I was going to go on a forum to slate a player I’d have some actual evidence rather than just listening to the boy in the pub. The majority that slate him and Stevenson wouldn’t know a decent defender if he was sitting on their face.
    I love Lewis, but for the sake of balance, the stats on him have not been kind these last two years. One of the least effective fullbacks in the Premiership at blocking crosses into the box.

Efe is an absolute class act and would undoubtedly improve us though.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Stays are a funny thing though, they dont show you how humpty a player has been in a game, he could get battered about the place all game but then assist with a goal or have a block in the box and that's what a stat will show. I prefer to judge players on what I see, not what it says on a piece of paper. Hanlon when on form is a decent player for us as is stevenson and they would both walk into most clubs up here
    Last edited by Allant1981; 07-01-2020 at 09:29 PM.

Look at our goals against stat.

A constant in an underperforming defensive unit. By no means all down to him but he’s hugely culpable. He’s meant to be the leader in there.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Look at our goals against stat.

A constant in an underperforming defensive unit. By no means all down to him but he’s hugely culpable. He’s meant to be the leader in there.
    Scott Allan is also a constant in an underperforming defensive unit. So is Kamberi. So is Porteous. They are all hugely culpable, defending is a team game.

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    STV saying on twitter Efe has signed for Livingston, 18 month deal.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shore Hibs View Post
    STV saying on twitter Efe has signed for Livingston, 18 month deal.
    Great signing for them unfortunately. But with the form of Jackson and McGinn , we didn’t need him .
    Class player tho.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Would fit in to our ‘new’ system perfectly.

But 14 months without a game. Obviously some reason nobody has taken a punt on him.