hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roy Keane

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Swanny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Keane loves to play the victim on that one despite the fact that incident was also a result of his own shocking challenge! Haaland had a word while Keane was injured on the ground - "you tried to take me out, but look who got injured, tee-hee" probably, or words to that effect.
    It was barely a "shocking challenge" that saw Keane end up getting injured himself. There was nothing in it at all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Gary Speed.

Also although I don't think he was in the Premier League long enough to be considered a legend, Luka Modric is the only midfielder to have played in the Premier League to win the Ballon d'Or
    What makes Gary Speed an EPL legend? He was good...but I don't think of him as legendary. I would maybe say Le Tissier...possibly Zola (don't think he won the league, did he?)

Left by mutual consent!
    Carragher never won the league. Torres, Ferdinand and Ginola would be in the with Le Tiss as would Keane and Fowler.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    What makes Gary Speed an EPL legend? He was good...but I don't think of him as legendary. I would maybe say Le Tissier...possibly Zola (don't think he won the league, did he?)
    Played over 500 games in the Premier League, was named in one of the first PFA team of the year back in 1993. Played in the Champions League with Leeds and Newcastle, and won Everton's player of the year during his time there. He was also a very good player and captain. Premier League legend in my eyes who hadn't won the league.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    It was barely a "shocking challenge" that saw Keane end up getting injured himself. There was nothing in it at all.
    Fair enough actually - I just watched it back on YouTube and I must have made it worse in my head because I don't like him!
    Last edited by Posh Swanny; 12-09-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Played over 500 games in the Premier League, was named in one of the first PFA team of the year back in 1993. Played in the Champions League with Leeds and Newcastle, and won Everton's player of the year during his time there. He was also a very good player and captain. Premier League legend in my eyes who hadn't won the league.
    I'd have Speed up along someone like Gareth Barry (who I know did win a Premier League). Good solid reliable players for a long time, but legendary? Not for me.

This forum really has an obsession with what makes someone a legend

An absolute throbber of a man. A flat track bully who belongs in the stone age. I took great delight in heartily abusing him when he got absolutely tucked up nicely by the golden generation midfield at ER. Gave him the absolute runaround.