hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slivka

Slivka

Started for Lithuania tonight. HT 1-0 Game time seems to be doing him good. There is a player in there given a decent run. Big Dave on the bench too, wonder if he'd be an upgrade on our existing strike force

2. Log in to remove the advert

Slivka’s has his time. He ain’t the answer, be surprised if he’s still here next season.

Might even go in Jan.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Slivka’s has his time. He ain’t the answer, be surprised if he’s still here next season.

Might even go in Jan.
    Agree with that.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    His best games seem to be against better opposition. In games against lesser quality opposition where you would expect him to stamp more of an authority, he more often than not is anonymous. There’s a very good player there, but I wonder if his hearts really in it here at Hibs.

I'd always had hope for him but I've been losing patience with him this season. I have a hunch that he'd probably be a good player in a good team but he's a very poor match for our other current central midfielders.

If I was our manager and we were in 1 in 1 out territory I'd be looking to shift either him or Mallan on and bring in someone whose game is more solid defensively.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I'd always had hope for him but I've been losing patience with him this season. I have a hunch that he'd probably be a good player in a good team but he's a very poor match for our other current central midfielders.

If I was our manager and we were in 1 in 1 out territory I'd be looking to shift either him or Mallan on and bring in someone whose game is more solid defensively.
    Agree with that. And although he's not done it this season, Mallans goals and assists would mean that Slivka would be by a distance the first I'd be looking to get out the door between they two.

The fact that even now, after all this time (2 years), Slivka is still talked about as "there's a player in there somewhere".
    This speaks volumes for me.
    I have accepted that he is and will remain a bit part player.
    We need far better quality if we genuinely want to move to that next level and be a regular top 3/4 side.
    I'd move him on at the first opportunity.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

What is frustrating is that he wasn’t good enough to get in the team ahead of Dylan and Mcginn, and now he doesn’t seem good enough to get in this team either.

I thought he’d really kick on but he hasn’t.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi Heid Yin View Post
    The fact that even now, after all this time (2 years), Slivka is still talked about as "there's a player in there somewhere".
    This speaks volumes for me.
    I have accepted that he is and will remain a bit part player.
    We need far better quality if we genuinely want to move to that next level and be a regular top 3/4 side.
    I'd move him on at the first opportunity.
    Sadly, as a Slivka supporter, I have to agree.

Not good enough. Should have left last window, but shows how poor the squad is now.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Started for Lithuania tonight. HT 1-0 Game time seems to be doing him good. There is a player in there given a decent run. Big Dave on the bench too, wonder if he'd be an upgrade on our existing strike force
    Big Dave would me more useful than shaw. Truth hurts to anyone offended.

Left by mutual consent!
    Absolute certainty he leaves in January and is class for some mob in Bulgaria or like.

Can't see him making it at Hibs now, if he
    can't break into this team he'll never do it, however it wouldn't surprise me if he is the type of player we see turn up in the Europa League group stages with some half decent team from Eastern Europe at some point.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Absolute certainty he leaves in January and is class for some mob in Bulgaria or like.
    Convinced he would have been gone if he hadn't turned up for pre season injured.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Agree with that. And although he's not done it this season, Mallans goals and assists would mean that Slivka would be by a distance the first I'd be looking to get out the door between they two.
    I cannot see Mallan repeating his goals and assists ratio of last season anytime soon especially in his new deep lying role

His last few free kicks have been shockers he could not tackle a fish supper does not get out of first gear and smiles at opposition midfielders as they run past him

Needs to be benched

Slivka just shades it for me.

Stevie Mallan had a well taken corner for the Jackson goal against St Johnstone

Cannot think of any others

As others have said Slivka tends to turn up versus the big teams

Against the wee teams he does one good thing then disappears for about twenty minutes

Hallberg better be good
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 11-09-2019 at 07:42 AM.

He’s a good player but not good enough for where we want to go IMO. He’s reasonably good on the ball and makes good runs into the box which is something we lack from midfield.

Seen him play quite well in a right wing back role a couple of times, noticeably against Rangers in the 5-5 game.

Would be on a decent enough wage so wouldn’t be against him moving on to get another in.

Lennon played him out of position and Hecky has only started him once or twice. He didn't have a full pre season. Give him a break. Hopefully he will step up in the next few weeks.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    The Lithuanian Brian Kerr.

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Yes, Big dave with his 0 goals in 12 appearances would be much more useful than Oli Shaw with his 10 goals in 42 appearances.

Ah Big Dave. And to think people are lambasting Hecky over some of his singnings...

Quote Originally Posted by Paloschi View Post
    Lennon played him out of position and Hecky has only started him once or twice. He didn't have a full pre season. Give him a break. Hopefully he will step up in the next few weeks.
    Hes into his third season. Hes had enough time to step up. If he was as good as some claimed he wouldve managed to secure a regular place in what has been a mostly honking midfield in the past year but he hasnt.

@hibs.net private member
    Slivka has a bit of the Tam McManus about him for me , different positions obvs - really really want him to turn into a high performing player - seems to have all the toolkit - but never quite happens ....

Hecky played him a lot in his first few months. He lost his place after his red card against St Johnstone, had a few starts after that and was poor.

He’s had plenty chances.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    Convinced he would have been gone if he hadn't turned up for pre season injured.
    I think he was also.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Yes, Big dave with his 0 goals in 12 appearances would be much more useful than Oli Shaw with his 10 goals in 42 appearances.
    Sure he got one. A tap in against Arbroath or some similar lower league team in the league cup.

Left by mutual consent!
    How many chances does he actually need.

1 good game in 20 does not make you a player.

His best ever performance for us was in the 5 all game with Rangers. Could count on one hand similar performances hes had like that over his time here.

Simply not good enough and we should of tried to move him on in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    How many chances does he actually need.

1 good game in 20 does not make you a player.

His best ever performance for us was in the 5 all game with Rangers. Could count on one hand similar performances hes had like that over his time here.

Simply not good enough and we should of tried to move him on in the summer
    That wasn't even his best Hibs peformance against Rangers.

Based on what?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Remember Slivka having good performances last season versus Celtic 2-0 when he scored early doors and Hamilton 6-0 where he was part of a very good midfield performance

Left by mutual consent!
    Played some of his best stuff 'out of position' mostly on the right hand side.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    The Lithuanian Brian Kerr.
    There was a player in there somewhere.