hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kris Boyd

He speaks ok but it’s hardly earth shattering stuff or anything we’ve no heard before.

I’m going to stick my neck out and say we are producing good quality players

Robertson - CL winner
    Tierney - How many has he won at Celtic and now at Arsenal?
    McGinn - Likely to be subject of a huge bid in January
    McLean - Promoted and now starring for Norwich
    Fraser - Most assists last year in PL and unlucky not to get a big summer move
    Forrest - Outstanding for Celtic and has been for years
    Mcgregor - Same as Forrest
    McTominay - Starting for Man Utd

We have enough quality to do better than we’re currently doing, look at Northern Ireland and what they achieved. We need to get a proper team mentality and group together which I think Clarke will manage to impose.

Players also need to massively step up as they underperform for us.

Re his academy - £75 for a week isn’t unreasonable imo for a summer/October camp. Considering the kids will be there from about 8/9-5 every day

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He speaks ok but it’s hardly earth shattering stuff or anything we’ve no heard before.

Robertson - CL winner

We have enough quality to do better than we’re currently doing, look at Northern Ireland and what they achieved. We need to get a proper team mentality and group together which I think Clarke will manage to impose.

Re his academy - £75 for a week isn’t unreasonable imo for a summer/October camp. Considering the kids will be there from about 8/9-5 every day
    Why then if we have these decent quality players are they so p ish when they put on a Scotland top.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Robertson - CL winner

The key bit is in bold. Most of those guys you mentioned, including the undoubtedly talented Robertson, haven't kicked a ball for Scotland.

But even if they were playing well Scotland is still well short in two massive areas - goalscoring and centre-back.

Left by mutual consent!
    Honestly , a lot of people on here are children.. Boyd was bang on in his comments last night ans we people on here banging on about something that happened 10 years or so ago...

The national team is on its knees , an all time low and people are crying over something that happened years ago..

Build a bridge...

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    Honestly , a lot of people on here are children.. Boyd was bang on in his comments last night ans we people on here banging on about something that happened 10 years or so ago...

The national team is on its knees , an all time low and people are crying over something that happened years ago..

Build a bridge...

Honestly, I couldn't care whether people think Boyd's rant was incoherent, hypocritical or condescending. I couldn't care if people think he's a fat hun or has turned his back on Scottish Football in the past. All I want is the Scotland National Team to get back to what I saw in the 70s and 80s.

I applaud the fact that someone is 'ranting' with such passion. I don't see anyone else saying anything similar to his 'rant' on Monday night. Something has to be done about the sad decline of Scottish Football that we've experienced since the early 90s. The answer is not Kris Boyd, but at least he's trying to stir things up.