hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Hibs TV

First Team Regular

Hibs TV

Whats happening with Hibs TV? With so many new players, surely its the job of Hibs TV to introduce us to them. Yet apart from the "welcome to Hibs" standard interview, we have heard nothing about them. With no match this weekend, i was hoping for something to watch. Nothing at all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hongkonghibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whats happening with Hibs TV? With so many new players, surely its the job of Hibs TV to introduce us to them. Yet apart from the "welcome to Hibs" standard interview, we have heard nothing about them. With no match this weekend, i was hoping for something to watch. Nothing at all.
    Will this incessant moaning about the club and everything associated with it ever going to stop? Pathetic.
    Last edited by hibee_girl; 09-09-2019 at 09:29 AM.

@hibs.net private member KennyMillar's Avatar
    Think that's fair comment.

A lot of time and energy has gone into a new dedicated facility at HTC which was finally completed towards the end of last week, so that's had an impact on content. That's been a few months in the making.

We'd held off on starting a few things this season, like Quickfire, with that in mind because we thought it was better to kick it off with the new consistent, improved look that will come with the studio.

You'll hear a lot more from the squad in the next few weeks and months - both free to view across our website and social platforms, plus exclusive Hibs TV content.

A revamped website will take a little longer but will also be a great help to give us a bit more flexibility in what we can produce. The current template is pretty restrictive but we'll get there.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    Will this incessant moaning about the club and everything associated with it ever going to stop? Pathetic. Get a life ffs.
    Pretty sure there's more you can accuse of moaning than the OP as the reply from Kenny backs up.
    Kenny...you know I had big problems last year with Hibs tv but have to say so far, since I've been back on its been good. Thanks 🙏🏻🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Pretty sure there's more you can accuse of moaning than the OP as the reply from Kenny backs up.
    Kenny...you know I had big problems last year with Hibs tv but have to say so far, since I've been back on its been good. Thanks 🙏🏻🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
    Glad to hear it! A few changes coming with respect to Hibs TV as well but, as you can imagine with a small team, we can't do everything at once.

So hoping for gradual improvement. It's a long list!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyMillar View Post
    Glad to hear it! A few changes coming with respect to Hibs TV as well but, as you can imagine with a small team, we can't do everything at once.

So hoping for gradual improvement. It's a long list!
    Hope to be able to subscribe to Hibs TV International Don’t see it on the website. I have e-mailed them to see anyway. I will be out of the country for 4 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    Hope to be able to subscribe to Hibs TV International Don’t see it on the website. I have e-mailed them to see anyway. I will be out of the country for 4 weeks
    Was it support@hibernianfc.co.uk that you tried? Sure Billy will be able to sort you out.

I'd love to see some players and ex players do the commentary. Last year Daz did a game and what a difference. Even pay ex players like Mickey Weir or Keith Wright a couple of hundred quid to do the odd game.

I might be wrong, but I think there's only one type of subscription. If you're out the country, you'll be able to access content you can't when you're in the UK.

First Team Breakthrough cookin_on_gaz's Avatar
    Will this incessant moaning about the club and everything associated with it ever going to stop? Pathetic. Get a life ffs.
    Seemed a pretty fair point to me and no need for your petulance

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

A lot of time and energy has gone into a new dedicated facility at HTC which was finally completed towards the end of last week, so that's had an impact on content. That's been a few months in the making.

We'd held off on starting a few things this season, like Quickfire, with that in mind because we thought it was better to kick it off with the new consistent, improved look that will come with the studio.

You'll hear a lot more from the squad in the next few weeks and months - both free to view across our website and social platforms, plus exclusive Hibs TV content.

A revamped website will take a little longer but will also be a great help to give us a bit more flexibility in what we can produce. The current template is pretty restrictive but we'll get there.
    Hopefully interviewing our new manager soon Kenny 👍

@hibs.net private member
    Was it support@hibernianfc.co.uk that you tried? Sure Billy will be able to sort you out.
    It was the address on the Hibernian website where you get the choice of one month or one year but that was just the audio one where I am already subscribed and no mention of the International service. I will try that address you have intimated Thanks for that

Coaching Staff
    Very happy with Hibs TV here in sunny Sydney.

Having said that, I would have liked them to cover live the Hibs Ladies European game.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post

Having said that, I would have liked them to cover live the Hibs Ladies European game.
    Usually shown live on YouTube not sure about Oz though

First Team Regular

Thanks for the update Kenny.
    And happy you took the time to reply to me on here. Its very good news that we are having a dedicated facility at HTC for Hibs TV, and its the kind of positive news that needs to be on the official site. The club continues to be poor at promoting whats happening, it shouldn't need to be a secret. More information about your plans and aspirations for a revamped website would be interesting to read about.
    And maybe you could come on here asking for ideas from your viewers, or email us?

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post

We're unable to broadcast the game within the UK because of the rights acquired by BBC ALBA.

Looking in to what we can do for overseas subscribers. Ultimately it'll come down to cost and what we can staff on the night but we'd like to give them as much coverage as we can.

@hibs.net private member
    Will this incessant moaning about the club and everything associated with it ever going to stop? Pathetic.
    Where is he moaning? Was just putting over a valid point. Has also had a speedy reply from his post.

We're unable to broadcast the game within the UK because of the rights acquired by BBC ALBA.

Looking in to what we can do for overseas subscribers. Ultimately it'll come down to cost and what we can staff on the night but we'd like to give them as much coverage as we can.
    Just been looking at the Pat Stanton thread elsewhere on here and I'm thinking it would be a great thing to see some footage of the event - was Hibs TV attending, haven't seen anything on the site yet?

Looking forward to the excellent HIBS TV service improving even further - maybe you can do something about the team while you are at it

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    So pathetic that Hibs actually agree with it.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonghibee View Post
    Thanks for the update Kenny.
    And happy you took the time to reply to me on here. Its very good news that we are having a dedicated facility at HTC for Hibs TV, and its the kind of positive news that needs to be on the official site. The club continues to be poor at promoting whats happening, it shouldn't need to be a secret. More information about your plans and aspirations for a revamped website would be interesting to read about.
    And maybe you could come on here asking for ideas from your viewers, or email us?
    Hi Kenny - a couple of things that may be easy to sort out (or not).

During live streams we no longer have the option to control the stream quality - I'd imagine it's now set to automatic by default.
    Since the new set-up, my stream quality is noticeably poorer than in the past. I appreciate that this could well be down to bad wifi in my house, but before I could fiddle with the settings and geberally sort myself out with something half decent. Now I can't.

Is there a reason why we can no longer cast from an android phone or tablet to a TV? Can this option be re-enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

During live streams we no longer have the option to control the stream quality - I'd imagine it's now set to automatic by default.
    Since the new set-up, my stream quality is noticeably poorer than in the past. I appreciate that this could well be down to bad wifi in my house, but before I could fiddle with the settings and geberally sort myself out with something half decent. Now I can't.

Is there a reason why we can no longer cast from an android phone or tablet to a TV? Can this option be re-enabled?
    Let me run it by Sports Media, who look after the technical side of things for us.

Let me run it by Sports Media, who look after the technical side of things for us.
    Cheers.

Cheers.
    No worries. Should have added that the best bet to get technical assistance for Hibs TV - whether it's through the week or during games - is to email Sports Media via support@hibernianfc.co.uk.

A lot of the time it's simple things that are quickly straightened out.

@hibs.net private member

So does that mean that while I am overseas I cannot get a live game

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    So does that mean that while I am overseas I cannot get a live game
    Not sure how you took that from what Kenny said?

I’m sure most games are live to watch overseas as long as, as Kenny stated, coverage is available

Just to say that the option to control stream quality and the "casting" button were available on the primary stream on Saturday, so thanks to Kenny & Sports Media for their interventions.

It'd be good to eventually have the same on the backup stream (now that you know how to do it ).

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar

That's great to hear Kenny, I think a lot of us have felt that the Hibs TV stuff has got a bit stale of late and we miss fun stuff that helps with the player/fans bonding like we used to get with The Fontaine of Knowledge etc. Of course that sort of content is always easier to get right when the team is doing well. It probably wouldn't go down too well if players were videoed laughing and joking after a derby defeat so I can understand why content has been a little bit sparce. Now that we are seeing better results and your new facility is up and running I will look forward to some great new content.

Delayed showing of Easter Road games

I am going to get Hibs TV for my ageing parents. Just wondering when home games are shown in full. Saturday evening? Thanks in advance for your replies

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigiain007 View Post
    I am going to get Hibs TV for my ageing parents. Just wondering when home games are shown in full. Saturday evening? Thanks in advance for your replies
    Usually next day for the full game replays and highlights. I think that is more to do with league licensing than the club.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Usually next day for the full game replays and highlights. I think that is more to do with league licensing than the club.
    Many thanks for the quick reply.