hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    24,564 at their first women's super league match at stamford bridge Chelsea v spurs

Chelsea boss Emma Hayes says the pressure is on the Women's Super League to capitalise on nearly 63,000 people attending the weekend's opening games.

Manchester City saw a WSL-record crowd of 31,213 attend Saturday's win over Manchester United at Etihad Stadium, while 24,564 watched Chelsea beat Tottenham at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Last season's average attendance in the league was 833.
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 08-09-2019 at 08:02 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

that was a crackin goal ex-hibernian ladies player caroline weir scored against man utd yesterday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49533282

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fantastic that these girls are getting to make a career out of football - Hibs should be proud of giving them the development and the stage ..
    And we should be pwoud of Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    24,564 at their first women's super league match at stamford bridge Chelsea v spurs

Chelsea boss Emma Hayes says the pressure is on the Women's Super League to capitalise on nearly 63,000 people attending the weekend's opening games.

Manchester City saw a WSL-record crowd of 31,213 attend Saturday's win over Manchester United at Etihad Stadium, while 24,564 watched Chelsea beat Tottenham at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Last season's average attendance in the league was 833.
    Big crowd for Chelsea today but they let everybody in for free and had a whole lot of events on around it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    And we should be pwoud of Hibs.

indeed, just a pity we didn't have several add-ons for her instead of Nowt

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Big crowd for Chelsea today but they let everybody in for free and had a whole lot of events on around it as well.

aah, the article didn't mention that, but still a great crowd, they were expecting to beat yesterdays 31k at the etihad with a full house 41k at stamford bridge

aah, the article didn't mention that, but still a great crowd, they were expecting to beat yesterdays 31k at the etihad with a full house 41k at stamford bridge
    All the tickets were gone, 15k didn’t turn up though.

that was a crackin goal ex-hibernian ladies player caroline weir scored against man utd yesterday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49533282
    Anyone who is interested in football should take a look at those highlights. Excellent stuff. And superb strike for the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Anyone who is interested in football should take a look at those highlights. Excellent stuff. And superb strike for the goal.

and nice hearing wee pat nevin summarising again, i've been wondering what he's up to nowadays, hope his laddie(s)? still go to ER

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    They will need that food on those wages.
    £134 a week 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    They will need that food on those wages.

I'm presuming they're part-time, so will have another job. The same as a lot of male players in Scotland.

When they start getting decent crowds at games (games where people actually have to pay for tickets) and get a TV contract, then they might offer full-time contracts

Sadly, I can see it going the way of the men's game, with the rich club's picking up the best talent and the traditional clubs just disappearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I'm presuming they're part-time, so will have another job. The same as a lot of male players in Scotland.

When they start getting decent crowds at games (games where people actually have to pay for tickets) and get a TV contract, then they might offer full-time contracts

Sadly, I can see it going the way of the men's game, with the rich club's picking up the best talent and the traditional clubs just disappearing.
    20hr contracts. It may only be 7k but it’s 7k more than any Hibs player gets. Rangers are also building a indoor arena at the training centre (ring any bells). Their women’s team are going to be based there for all training and games. As will the men’s reserves. I think in the next 2/3 year Celtic and Rangers will take over at the top. It’s a shame as there was a real opportunity for Hibs.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    20hr contracts. It may only be 7k but it’s 7k more than any Hibs player gets. Rangers are also building a indoor arena at the training centre (ring any bells). Their women’s team are going to be based there for all training and games. As will the men’s reserves. I think in the next 2/3 year Celtic and Rangers will take over at the top. It’s a shame as there was a real opportunity for Hibs.
    Not really.

Rangers and Celtic are huge clubs with massive amounts of money compared to us. If they choose to start investing relatively heavily in woman’s football there’s not that much we can do about it and we certainly couldn’t compete with them.

I assume all the money from the successful European runs will go into the ladies team coffers? Hopefully they reinvest that wisely and they can continue to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Not really.

I assume all the money from the successful European runs will go into the ladies team coffers? Hopefully they reinvest that wisely and they can continue to grow.
    For the group stage in Slovenia. I think they will be happy if expenses are covered to be honest, which i understand is the case.

For the game on Wednesday, the ticket sales don’t look all that great, so the ticket money might cover the general expenses for the night.

Whether there is any prize money from UEFA for the last 32 i’m not sure, anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    For the group stage in Slovenia. I think they will be happy if expenses are covered to be honest, which i understand is the case.

For the game on Wednesday, the ticket sales don’t look all that great, so the ticket money might cover the general expenses for the night.

Whether there is any prize money from UEFA for the last 32 i’m not sure, anyone know?
    Im sure they get a fair bit more than was on offer last time they were at the same stage. But its still a hard ask to get past this team.