hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I attended a Hibs net trip to East Mains. Graeme Mathie made a presentation to us. It was very impressive and he came over as a real assets to the club. Would be gutted to see him leave.

I believe he travels from the west everyday so wouldn't be surprised he did....
    Not sure if he stays in Glasgow or Ayrshire but he runs/takes a boys club in Ayrshire.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by tillguy View Post
    Not sure if he stays in Glasgow or Ayrshire but he runs/takes a boys club in Ayrshire.
    He lives in Ayr.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    Get poaching staff from Motherwell and Livi please. Both seem to be able to pick up gems on a low budget.
    We tried that before with Butcher's scouting Svengali. That went well!

General consensus on here is we do not have a clue who has ultimate responsibility in signing new players...is it the recruitment team, it is the manager, who has final say on it. This is really confusing, although the way we recruit players is not uncommon and seems to be the way a lot of clubs do it. I get the feeling there are too many cooks.

Dempster, at the time of getting Heckingbottom in, went on and on about our current structure. And how the new manager must fit into it. Given we have been through three managers since Dempster came in, and that our transfer windows are getting progressively worse, maybe now is the time to break up Dempster’s precious ‘structure’. In any walk life it is difficult to slot new members of staff to a structure, especially at managerial level.

We are now at a seminal stage of Dempster’s tenure at Easter Road. I am the first to admit she has done a fabulous job. However, you only find out how good people are when things start to go wrong. It is early in the season, but signs are things are going wrong at Hibs on all kinds of levels, for example, recruitment, playing style and ultimately results.

Of all the things regarding football in Scotland it is my opinion that in Dempster, Hibs have the best Chief Executive in the country.

If results go tits up in September I hope Dempster has the bottle to make the appropriate and correct choices. Because if she doesn’t, Gordon will relieve her of the role in her structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    General consensus on here is we do not have a clue who has ultimate responsibility in signing new players...is it the recruitment team, it is the manager, who has final say on it. This is really confusing, although the way we recruit players is not uncommon and seems to be the way a lot of clubs do it. I get the feeling there are too many cooks.

Dempster, at the time of getting Heckingbottom in, went on and on about our current structure. And how the new manager must fit into it. Given we have been through three managers since Dempster came in, and that our transfer windows are getting progressively worse, maybe now is the time to break up Dempster’s precious ‘structure’. In any walk life it is difficult to slot new members of staff to a structure, especially at managerial level.

We are now at a seminal stage of Dempster’s tenure at Easter Road. I am the first to admit she has done a fabulous job. However, you only find out how good people are when things start to go wrong. It is early in the season, but signs are things are going wrong at Hibs on all kinds of levels, for example, recruitment, playing style and ultimately results.

Of all the things regarding football in Scotland it is my opinion that in Dempster, Hibs have the best Chief Executive in the country.

If results go tits up in September I hope Dempster has the bottle to make the appropriate and correct choices. Because if she doesn’t, Gordon will relieve her of the role in her structure.
    The manager has ultimate responsibility and makes the final call on all signings. Just like almost every other club in the UK. And a lot of these clubs have recruitment structures similar to ours. Don’t understand your bashing of LD on this.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    The manager has ultimate responsibility and makes the final call on all signings. Just like almost every other club in the UK. And a lot of these clubs have recruitment structures similar to ours. Don’t understand your bashing of LD on this.
    Maybe I was over critical of Dempster. However, given the downturn in our fortunes I feel she should be analysing the jobs done by the recruitment staff, not just that of Heckingbottom. If Mathie is to leave it maybe time for an overhaul of several staff at East Mains, especially as the new recruits from England have not started well at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Haha you should have seen me after Motherwell
    You were last seen getting attacked in the stairwell at halftime. Unprovoked assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    You were last seen getting attacked in the stairwell at halftime. Unprovoked assault.
    Young tem getting younger......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull