hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Official Site: VACANCY | CREATIVE ASSISTANT

2. Log in to remove the advert

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Should post a vacancy out for a defensive midfielder and penalty box striker 😅

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    We’ve got a manager who’s creative with his imagination if that helps.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by RSS Bot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whoever wrote this job description is at it. Saying that it is 37.5 hours a week then saying "you'll be expected to work hard and unsociable hours are involved" - surely it's longer hours than advertised based on that. I thought we were a forward thinking community club...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright_Hibee View Post
    Whoever wrote this job description is at it. Saying that it is 37.5 hours a week then saying "you'll be expected to work hard and unsociable hours are involved" - surely it's longer hours than advertised based on that. I thought we were a forward thinking community club...
    It's 37.5 hours a week, it doesnt state that its 9-5 Mon-Fri.

These types of roles tend to need flexible working eg later shifts and weekend shifts, for a lot of folk these are unsociable hours...

...As for the hard work part, i'm sure a lot of employers would wish their prospective employees have a good work ethic.

Looks like Ron putting things in place already. Good stuff

This is yet another example of this club turning its back on its heritage of charity, inclusion and tolerance.

This club was founded on charitable grounds, not for profit, yet here we are with this corporate mega-capitalist keen to turn our club into a money making machine off the back of low-paid workers. This club was followed by great thinkers of the left, James Connolly to name but one. I fear he would be spinning in his grave at a rate of knots with this latest announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by RSS Bot View Post
    One of those job adverts that's trying to be "cool" and "snappy". Always irritated me when job hunting, immediate "delete" for me.

But still, not sure what the "James Connolly spinning in his grave" chat is all about though.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 1875 View Post
    This is yet another example of this club turning its back on its heritage of charity, inclusion and tolerance.

This club was founded on charitable grounds, not for profit, yet here we are with this corporate mega-capitalist keen to turn our club into a money making machine off the back of low-paid workers. This club was followed by great thinkers of the left, James Connolly to name but one. I fear he would be spinning in his grave at a rate of knots with this latest announcement.
    Presuming you’re referencing the changes that started 126 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Social media of every kind is a huge part of all workplaces and you also have a minimum wage for all workers in uk (whether its enough is another debate). And Hibs like every other workplace give to charity. It was only last season that a good percentage of the testimonials money went to local charities. I think your being very unfair.

@hibs.net private member

Nae offence, but what a slaver.

@hibs.net private member
    Hecky has no idea how to get the team playing creative football so he’s after a creative assistant.

Think you have hooked a few with this one 😂🎣🎣

If we never made a profit we would not be in existence ! All very well to have the Corinthian spirit but that will not pay the players and staffs wages every month. Are you Jeremy Corbyn ?

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    One of those job adverts that's trying to be "cool" and "snappy". Always irritated me when job hunting, immediate "delete" for me.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that, I can never imagine the personality required to actually enjoy writing like that.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar

Is this a wind up? So hard to tell on here these days with the amount of nonsense posted. Just in case it’s genuine, we’re creating a new position for a graphic designer/media role, not opening up a sweat shop.

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Is this a wind up? So hard to tell on here these days with the amount of nonsense posted. Just in case it’s genuine, we’re creating a new position for a graphic designer/media role, not opening up a sweat shop.
    With his/her posts on the match day thread my guess is no

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Hecky has no idea how to get the team playing creative football so he’s after a creative assistant.
    Superb banter. You love to see it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Work hard during the 37.5 hours you are paid for, some of them will be unsociable hours.

Genuine question in what way does this not tally with being a forward thinking community club?

People having a dig at the club for a job advertisement sums up our support right now. Couldn't make it up.

@hibs.net private member

Hahaha. What bunkum...all because of a career opportunity at the club ..football is not a 9-5 Job. It involves weekends etc...they are simply helping people understand the dynamics of the role expectation

I don’t think our club has ever been as active around the community agenda than in recent years ..

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    People having a dig at the club for a job advertisement sums up our support right now. Couldn't make it up.
    And yet some folk don’t believe that there posters who are desperate to see PH (and by extension, Hibs) fail..

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I think the advert is fine. The pdf job description is very detailed and I'm sure they won't be short of applicants.

It'd be a dream for a Hibee with the right skill set.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

Please tell me this is meant to be a joke

Maybe we should stop paying players too. So far removed from our heritage.

Testimonial Due
    Squirrel 1875 has to be a troll/on the wind up.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

Few people might’ve gotten it wrong when they ripped into you for criticising Hecky but anything aimed at this post is fully deserved.

Absolutely hilarious.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    If we never made a profit we would not be in existence ! All very well to have the Corinthian spirit but that will not pay the players and staffs wages every month. Are you Jeremy Corbyn ?
    If he was he would want to pay most people more money. Hopefully, the club finds the right person and it engages the support and other to join us although going by the pessimistic unsupportive majority on here it will be a hard sell.

@hibs.net private member
    The tone of some of the replies on this show how negative this place is currently ...if we were winning this would be seen as a great creative opportunity - which it is by the way

We are all hurting - none of us are happy with results , and we are all worried about this season - but some of the intensity and repetition of criticism and negative posts are draining any joy for this place...

I hope we can lift ourselves up a bit and talk about things in a more helpful way ..

GGTTH

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Always wonder what kinda salary Hibs pay for a position like this