hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ffs.

Good, I'm glad that Kenny is getting the assistance he'll need to step up the comms side of operations. Good luck to any aspirational candidates.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is yet another example of this club turning its back on its heritage of charity, inclusion and tolerance.

This club was founded on charitable grounds, not for profit, yet here we are with this corporate mega-capitalist keen to turn our club into a money making machine off the back of low-paid workers. This club was followed by great thinkers of the left, James Connolly to name but one. I fear he would be spinning in his grave at a rate of knots with this latest announcement.

Left by mutual consent!
    This is yet another example of this club turning its back on its heritage of charity, inclusion and tolerance.

This club was founded on charitable grounds, not for profit, yet here we are with this corporate mega-capitalist keen to turn our club into a money making machine off the back of low-paid workers. This club was followed by great thinkers of the left, James Connolly to name but one. I fear he would be spinning in his grave at a rate of knots with this latest announcement.
    You’ve caught a few I’ll give you that. Well played.

Why did Stotty leave?

Thank **** we're not going to have fan ownership now. If the loony left element within the support got a hold of it we'd really be in trouble.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It's a good opportunity for someone. It would be great if a Hibs fanatic got the gig

Would it discriminatory to see you must be a Hibs fan to hold the post?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    It's a good opportunity for someone. It would be great if a Hibs fanatic got the gig

Suspect it would - and actually don’t think that is important - skills, capability and desire to do well much more important ...after our CEO was a Rangers fan growing up ...once it is your job, people will give their best ...and fall in love with our wonderful club

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Aye, ok then.

I didn't make the system, I just live in it. And so do Hibs. This is an entry level job and the successful applicant will be expected to graft. If they do well, the rewards will surely follow.

That's how we treat our development players isn't it?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Aye, ok then.

I didn't make the system, I just live in it. And so do Hibs. This is an entry level job and the successful applicant will be expected to graft. If they do well, the rewards will surely follow.

That's how we treat our development players isn't it?
    He makes a fair point about the machinations of capitalism and the role of work, but I do feel a graphics job at Hibs is a rather limited critique of the system. We need a much wider analysis of what work is for and how it should be organised. Deep stuff!
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post

It wouldn't be discriminatory to say the successful candidate should demonstrate a deep understanding of the club and its values.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Please tell me you are joking.