hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well its 4 league games and unless I missed it, we are still in the cup.
    Did we hire Heckingbottom in the summer? Or am I mistaken?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    Did we hire Heckingbottom in the summer? Or am I mistaken?
    What difference does that make? He signed half a new team in the summer, and we are currently 4 league games into the season with this new look squad.

Left by mutual consent!
    What difference does that make? He signed half a new team in the summer, and we are currently 4 league games into the season with this new look squad.
    How many of them started the last match? 4 matches or 40 it means nothing. You either have it or you don't, and he doesn't.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    How many of them started the last match? 4 matches or 40 it means nothing. You either have it or you don't, and he doesn't.
    Jeez give it a rest man.

Nah dont agree with that at all. HUGE difference in 4 or 40 matches.

Left by mutual consent!
    Nah dont agree with that at all. HUGE difference in 4 or 40 matches.
    You're right.

We have time to do something about it after 4, but if we wait til 40 we'll get relegated.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Jeez give it a rest man.
    Excellent input. Thanks.

Excellent input. Thanks.
    He’s probably saying what many others are thinking, no point debating the merits it’s been done to death last few weeks results and performances will dictate the future now.

Let’s wait and see before the constant cristicism.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    He’s probably saying what many others are thinking, no point debating the merits it’s been done to death last few weeks results and performances will dictate the future now.

Let’s wait and see before the constant cristicism.
    Thats right Ron Gordon will formulate plans and some implemented from January. We will then see if Hecky is part of those plans. A positive turn in fortunes and he will be part of those plans. But either way Hibs will not be relegated.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    You either have it or you don't, and he doesn't.
    Ok I will pick you up on the point you make, which is obviously nonsense.

It is not the case that either managers "Have It" or "They don't".

I assume by this you mean the ability to manage a successful team. Let's look at someone like Claudio Ranieri for instance..anyone who watched his time as Greece manager his 2nd season with Leicester or his stint at Fulham would think he was clueless, out of his depth and that he certainly didn't "Have it". When he was at Athletico Madrid his win rate was just 23%, at Nantes it was just 36% at Fulham it was an eye-bleeding 17%..... yet he won the EPL with Leicester City, he's won the Coppa Italia, the Coppa Del Rey and The Intertoto Cup and at Monaco he had a 61% win ratio.

Sometimes managers do well...other times they don't do so well.

You believe that Heckingbottom has had enough time to prove whether he can be a succesful Hibs manager or not...that's fair enough that's your opinion. Others feel that we have not had enough time to judge him yet and that the jury is still out. they are entitled to that opinion too. But let's not pretend that managers either Have it or they don't, especially after 4 league matches.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

I assume by this you mean the ability to manage a successful team. Let's look at someone like Claudio Ranieri for instance..anyone who watched his time as Greece manager his 2nd season with Leicester or his stint at Fulham would think he was clueless, out of his depth and that he certainly didn't "Have it". When he was at Athletico Madrid his win rate was just 23%, at Nantes it was just 36% at Fulham it was an eye-bleeding 17%..... yet he won the EPL with Leicester City, he's won the Coppa Italia, the Coppa Del Rey and The Intertoto Cup and at Monaco he had a 61% win ratio.

You believe that Heckingbottom has had enough time to prove whether he can be a succesful Hibs manager or not...that's fair enough that's your opinion. Others feel that we have not had enough time to judge him yet and that the jury is still out. they are entitled to that opinion too. But let's not pretend that managers either Have it or they don't, especially after 4 league matches.
    You're right about the Have it or not stuff, but you spoiled your post with the 4 league games remark.

PH is being judged on how the team has performed since April, and the obvious contradictions between what he says "High press" "Fitter than ever before" etc and what we see on the park.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

But it is not just four League games is it?

Played 24 won 13 drawn 5 lost 6

Needs to turn it around and turn it around soon starting from Saturday

For his sake I hope he does and goes on a run

I honestly do

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    You're right about the Have it or not stuff, but you spoiled your post with the 4 league games remark.

PH is being judged on how the team has performed since April, and the obvious contradictions between what he says "High press" "Fitter than ever before" etc and what we see on the park.

Left by mutual consent!
    It is 4 league games into the season. The table proves it.

Hey Im also unhappy with the start we have had as well. I just think he should be given a little more time to try and sort it. He fixed our season last season so at least deserves a bit longer than 4 league games on this one.

We all want whats best for Hibs, we just have different opinions on what we should do.
    Sorry missed this post, top man 👍

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    But it is not just four League games is it?

Played 24 won 13 drawn 5 lost 6

Needs to turn it around and turn it around soon starting from Saturday

For his sake I hope he does and goes on a run

I honestly do
    Even on those stats it’s 1.8 points a match which is 3rd-5th form. So if we’re judging him on that he’s better than the return from first 4 games this season!

So give the man some time.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Blame_Latapy View Post
    Even on those stats it’s 1.8 points a match which is 3rd-5th form. So if we’re judging him on that he’s better than the return from first 4 games this season!

So give the man some time.
    Agree

Please reread my post

I hope honestly hope he can turn it around

It is a must win versus Kilmarnock

If not the fans will turn

Lose to Kilmarnock and it is 4 points from 15 this season

6 from 30 since the split last season

Not only that it is the eye bleeding football on offer slow predictable build up

Where is the high press and fitness levels the players have never known before he promised?

We all want the same thing a successful HIBS team

He needs to turn around our league form starting from Saturday

As I keep on saying I honestly hope he does and goes on a run
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 13-09-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Stubbs and Lennon were both inspirational managers that i loved hearing in the media. Both of them got what it was like to play for Hibs especially Stubbs.

Heckingbottom has never imo. His interviews 9/10 are the same regurgitated pish. His constant comments about Scottish football and not liking playing every Tuesday Sat etc makes me angry. You knew what you were coming into.

I cant take to the man, and for the first time in 5 or 6 years Saturday is this first time i am not going to an away game that i could make.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Can we please just start a bed-wetting sub-forum so they can all just go there and continue their frenzied circle-jerk in peace? Absolute snowflakes. Come on Hibs and backing Heckingbottom to pull us through.

@hibs.net private member
    Why is it always our players that need lots of games to settle into the team? Other teams manage to make signings and pick up points. It's all just excuses.

It would be great if he turned it round and went on a run of winning games, but he's really not got it. He's not a good manager. In fact, he's a bad one.

@hibs.net private member

You say in this post that people are entitled to their opinion but a few posts up you are telling one of them to give it a rest, presumably because their opinion differs from yours?

@hibs.net private member
    Agree

Please reread my post

Lose to Kilmarnock and it is 4 points from 18 this season

Not only that it is the eye bleeding football on offer slow predictable build up

Where is the high press and fitness levels the players have never known before he promised?

Interestingly heckingbottom was saying that we are pretty to watch but making mistakes, nothing I have seen is pretty to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by HFC 0-7 View Post
    Interestingly heckingbottom was saying that we are pretty to watch but making mistakes, nothing I have seen is pretty to watch.
    I kinda bet what he means against Motherwell first half anyway we had a lot of the ball and did ok but lacked a real threat and defended poorly. It’s interesting as I’d say he had us winning ugly to a degree or maybe better put that we ground out results when he arrived last season. We look soft in comparison but I think we are looking to play a bit more this season

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Why is it always our players that need lots of games to settle into the team? Other teams manage to make signings and pick up points. It's all just excuses.

It would be great if he turned it round and went on a run of winning games, but he's really not got it. He's not a good manager. In fact, he's a bad one.
    It isn't just our signings at all. Plenty of clubs sign players that take time to settle. Sam Cosgrove is a good example. Even at the top level. Leroy Sane took time at City before he started killing it.

You actually think moving league to play with totally different players under a totally different manager in a different system should be easy? Add in moving house, potentially away from home for the first time, family might or might not have moved as well etc. Living in hotel rooms before you get a place, missing friends. It's pretty remarkable when players do settle quickly.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I kinda bet what he means against Motherwell first half anyway we had a lot of the ball and did ok but lacked a real threat and defended poorly. It’s interesting as I’d say he had us winning ugly to a degree or maybe better put that we ground out results when he arrived last season. We look soft in comparison but I think we are looking to play a bit more this season
    Agree, last season wasn’t pretty and some of the results were ground out. He probably had players available to him that could handle grinding out results. My fear is that the tippy tappy passing that we have now in spells is what he classed as pretty, to me it’s the opposite. The Killie game should be a good indicator!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Can we please just start a bed-wetting sub-forum so they can all just go there and continue their frenzied circle-jerk in peace? Absolute snowflakes. Come on Hibs and backing Heckingbottom to pull us through.
    What a needlessly stupid and offensive post. And with the trademark 'snowflakes' added for extra trite value.

@hibs.net private member
    Agree

Please reread my post

Lose to Kilmarnock and it is 4 points from 15 this season

That’s fair. I guess my point is that fans could do with chilling out and seeing what happens.

That’s fair. I guess my point is that fans could do with chilling out and seeing what happens.
    Fingers crossed

If not it won’t be pretty.

Left by mutual consent!
    Full support behind Hecky and the lads today.

Left by mutual consent!
    The fans will chill out when they've been given something to enjoy or feel relaxed about.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Grow up son - fans aren’t snowflakes

They are concerned about the signings that he doesn’t t play. Why’s is that?
    Where has all the money gone?

The guy promised high pressing football- that’s not what I’m seeing.

He’s got 3 games to turn it around or he’s gone