hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    No way Jose!

Must beat Hearts (H) Kilmarnock (A) Kilmarnock (A) Cup

Celtic (H) OK will let him off but no pathetic tactics of sitting back and letting Celtic roll all over us by surrendering possession and hoping to nick a goal

At least show some belief and believe we can win the match

If he fails the fans will vote with their feet

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bravo!
    That brought a (little) smile to my face - which is more than Heckinbottom's relegation shambles of a squad is likely to do.

Let's not give him till Christmas. We'll likely be relegation certs by then.
    Everyone makes mistakes. It's time Leeann fronted up to hers.
    Spot on. Time to take a deep breath and admit it’s been a shocker of an appointment and a transfer window.

Left by mutual consent!
    Can just imagine the boos ever time a bad pass is made. lol

OP makes a good point but I fear the majority make an even better one. Ultimately we need a miracle to happen.

Over to the manager and his players.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    No way Jose!

Must beat Hearts (H) Kilmarnock (A) Kilmarnock (A) Cup

Celtic (H) OK will let him off but no pathetic tactics of sitting back and letting Celtic roll all over us by surrendering possession and hoping to nick a goal

At least show some belief and believe we can win the match

If he fails the fans will vote with their feet
    Jings. Add away to Aberdeen to that list and its not hard to see us out the cup, with maybe one point to show from the 4 league games. Might be bottom by then.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_one View Post
    Jings. Add away to Aberdeen to that list and its not hard to see us out the cup, with maybe one point to show from the 4 league games. Might be bottom by then.
    Naw

Aberdeen 5/10/2019

Do you think he will still be here?

Im amazed at some of the anger I've seen on here the last couple of weeks. Heart attack inducing stuff. Surely nobody can be that angry about football? Its got to be easier (and healthier) to get behind the lads

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Im amazed at some of the anger I've seen on here the last couple of weeks. Heart attack inducing stuff. Surely nobody can be that angry about football? Its got to be easier (and healthier) to get behind the lads
    We’re behind the lads, always have been. Worrying times though you’d have to admit. Just look at the poll on whether the support want Heckingbottom to be manager or not and it’s overwhelming a big no. Supporters know!

Left by mutual consent!
    Not so sure I can agree with this post. Time is points. We are going nowhere. We're sinking quick. Do what Leeds did.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    It's easier (and healthier) still to find something else to do with your time.

I agree but think Christmas is too long. October at the latest for improvement.

First Team Breakthrough
    Let’s see where we are after 1st round of matches

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    He'll get backing if there are signs of improvement. So far there have only been signs of worsening.

Right now I feel he is out of his depth, has blown the transfer budget really badly, is unable to motivate individual players or to get the team to gel and is fielding teams with little to no fight in them.

After watching Hibs for 40 years every fibre of my judgement is screaming 'get rid now' because every week that passes digs us deeper into a hole. Unless he puts a completely transformed team on to the park in the coming games what begins as support at kick off will be howls of despair well before full time.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    He was backed on faith alone when he got the job.

He’s since been given money and time to create his side.

He’s failed to deliver on:

1. Results
    2. Performances
    3. Signing quality

Support will return when he delivers what he’s paid for.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It’s a pile of kack and I’m completely MEH about Heckingbottom, his team, his players and hibs right now.

we will be at the bottom looking down come Christmas so, more MEH from me.

PH will be given until the Killie cup game. If things aren't looking good then he will be emptied.

EZ

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    There is a huge amount of Hyperbole on this forum at the moment, with all sorts of worst this and worst that nonsense being banded about. We need to face the fact that the Board will, quite rightly, give PH time to get things right. So far this season in competitive games we have won 5 drawn 2 and lost 2. There is no way that is sacking form. Yes I know the football has not been great in the league games in particular, but form can change and sometimes it takes longer than anyone wants to get the team to Gel.

I think it is very doubtful that Hecky will be gone before Christmas, and that is probably the most sensible decision. Hallberg hasn't even played yet and even if a new manager comes in, he will have the same players. We need to stick with Hecky for now and see how things progress if we are not top 6 by Christmas then move him on and bring someone in who at least then has a chance to get a player or two in the January window.

Personally I think we will be 4th or 5th by Christmas, but I have always been an optimist, we will see.

Let's just calm down a wee bit and give the team or backing.
    To be here at Christmas he needs a big improvement quickly, particularly in relation to defending. If that doesn't materialise, he won't last long; we can't keep losing games so meekly and devoid of organisation. If either manager loses the derby, it could be their last game; a draw would probably mean both limp on.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

There’s been plenty warning signs. Go as far back as Celtic in the cup. Then the post split fixtures. Then the uninspiring league cup group games. Then the start in the league.

He’s not got until Christmas. He needs results now.

He’s not going to get the sack yet, because the board won’t act, but September has the potential to make his position completely untenable.

I guess I'm relying on things changing for the better under PH. I'm hopeful that Hallberg will make a real difference to our midfield,
    Hope you’re right pal. We need something big and fast in terms of a turnaround. Like the vast majority now, I don’t see it happening under PH unfortunately.

4th or 5th by Christmas.

seriously what are some folk still watching. We can’t even beat Morton in 90 minutes.

There is a huge amount of Hyperbole on this forum at the moment, with all sorts of worst this and worst that nonsense being banded about. We need to face the fact that the Board will, quite rightly, give PH time to get things right. So far this season in competitive games we have won 5 drawn 2 and lost 2. There is no way that is sacking form. Yes I know the football has not been great in the league games in particular, but form can change and sometimes it takes longer than anyone wants to get the team to Gel.

I think it is very doubtful that Hecky will be gone before Christmas, and that is probably the most sensible decision. Hallberg hasn't even played yet and even if a new manager comes in, he will have the same players. We need to stick with Hecky for now and see how things progress if we are not top 6 by Christmas then move him on and bring someone in who at least then has a chance to get a player or two in the January window.

Personally I think we will be 4th or 5th by Christmas, but I have always been an optimist, we will see.

Let's just calm down a wee bit and give the team or backing.
    There is no way this team will be 4th by Xmas and I will not be changing my mind on Heckingbottom- he’s arrogant he’s boring and his style of play will drive fans away.

He must go

Coaching Staff
    I think the board will not give him that long.
    We have Killie twice, Hearts and Celtic in September.
    Celtic game won’t be used to judge him, except if we have similar score line to the Rangers game, or a highly unlikely win.
    Killie are a different story.
    They are a side, like St Johnstone we should be expected to not lose to, and if Killie win twice, and heaven forbid, a stuttering Hearts also do then apart from being out the league cup, and very possibly bottom of the table, I think the board would have no option but take action.
    We can’t ‘do a Butcher’ again, and hope that ‘the next’ match would see us return to form, until it is too late.

Coaching Staff
    Don’t believe in milestones like that. If it doesn’t improve, why waste half the season confirming what we already know.

Whenever a decision needs made, you’d need the new boss to have a reasonable chance to turn it round to avoid any proper disaster like getting pulled into a relegation battle.

If we continue to play as we are now then Celtic could absolutely massacre us.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    I would give him until tomorrow,so he can pack his bags.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    There’s been plenty warning signs. Go as far back as Celtic in the cup. Then the post split fixtures. Then the uninspiring league cup group games. Then the start in the league.

He’s not got until Christmas. He needs results now.

He’s not going to get the sack yet, because the board won’t act, but September has the potential to make his position completely untenable.
    Correct. I think the Celtic cup tie must have been the first time I'd ever seen Hibs play a Cup tie at Easter Road and not go out try try and win the game. The tactics were a horror show and confirmed he was a fish out of water.

I think if we lose to Hertz he's toast.

What a load of poop I've had to read through to find this thread! He's not going anywhere (for now), here's hoping the players come back with a new mindset and September kicks off our season :)

Hate the thought of him getting a bumper pay off. It really is a no lose situation with basically nothing on the line for him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Hate the thought of him getting a bumper pay off. It really is a no lose situation with basically nothing on the line for him.
    Other the other hand it might be better he went now for himself personally to get another job down south. Lose a high profile derby be close to the bottom of the table and get sacked then won’t be good for his profile.

Just like when he came in we thought Leeds were a basket case who got trigger happy his agent could claim he left or was sacked or consented because the new owner had other plans or a change in direction and he left us in a quarter final of a cup.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Beware the ides of September.

Gone just before the AGM.