hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar

We need to back the team and the Manager until Christmas

There is a huge amount of Hyperbole on this forum at the moment, with all sorts of worst this and worst that nonsense being banded about. We need to face the fact that the Board will, quite rightly, give PH time to get things right. So far this season in competitive games we have won 5 drawn 2 and lost 2. There is no way that is sacking form. Yes I know the football has not been great in the league games in particular, but form can change and sometimes it takes longer than anyone wants to get the team to Gel.

I think it is very doubtful that Hecky will be gone before Christmas, and that is probably the most sensible decision. Hallberg hasn't even played yet and even if a new manager comes in, he will have the same players. We need to stick with Hecky for now and see how things progress if we are not top 6 by Christmas then move him on and bring someone in who at least then has a chance to get a player or two in the January window.

Personally I think we will be 4th or 5th by Christmas, but I have always been an optimist, we will see.

Let's just calm down a wee bit and give the team or backing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

No hyperbole needed, the football we are playing is dross to watch as is the results, 3-0 to mwell and 6-1 to sevco isn't deliberately exaggerated, it's real and needs fixed asap!

Admire your optimism but the game is up for Hecky . It will take a spectacular turnaround in form for him to get the fans back onside . lose to hearts and out the cup and he's gone before the end of the month never mind christmas

Whether you believe Heckingbottom is a dead cert busted flush or you think he deserves more time, backing from the stands, not booing, is what is necessary and, I'm sure, will be provided.

After the final whistle is the time to go tonto at the players/management if you must. It'll also remove the "fans' expectations made the players nervous" line from Heckingbottom's armoury of pithy post match soundbites.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a huge amount of Hyperbole on this forum at the moment, with all sorts of worst this and worst that nonsense being banded about. We need to face the fact that the Board will, quite rightly, give PH time to get things right. So far this season in competitive games we have won 5 drawn 2 and lost 2. There is no way that is sacking form. Yes I know the football has not been great in the league games in particular, but form can change and sometimes it takes longer than anyone wants to get the team to Gel.

I think it is very doubtful that Hecky will be gone before Christmas, and that is probably the most sensible decision. Hallberg hasn't even played yet and even if a new manager comes in, he will have the same players. We need to stick with Hecky for now and see how things progress if we are not top 6 by Christmas then move him on and bring someone in who at least then has a chance to get a player or two in the January window.

Personally I think we will be 4th or 5th by Christmas, but I have always been an optimist, we will see.

I will be astonished if we are 4th or 5th by Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I will be astonished if we are 4th or 5th by Christmas.
    If things carry on the way they are, I don’t see any way we will be in the top six... and I’m usually optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    If things carry on the way they are, I don’t see any way we will be in the top six... and I’m usually optimistic.
    I guess I'm relying on things changing for the better under PH. I'm hopeful that Hallberg will make a real difference to our midfield,

League form doesn’t lie. Allied to that it has been eye bleed stuff that’s been on show.

The league cup games, glorified pre season efforts, are games that we should always be getting positive results from.

Results will determine how long he stays....... and not results against part time teams. Truth is we are pish to watch. We have uninspiring signings and our last 3 games have been humiliating!

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    No hyperbole needed, the football we are playing is dross to watch as is the results, 3-0 to mwell and 6-1 to sevco isn't deliberately exaggerated, it's real and needs fixed asap!
    In the first few league games in the 2017-18 season we lost to Hamilton and Aberdeen and drew with Dundee and St Johnstone. In fact between 19th August and 22nd September we were entirely without a win....so many of us have short memories..all the same stuff was being discussed. "No fight" "No backbone" "disorganised"..then guess what...we beat Hearts, Dundee, Motherwell and and kilmarnock on the trot and suddenly everyone was happy...but even then we followed it up with a defeat to St Johnstone and a draw with Hamilton. In fact our results that season were entirely uninspiring until mid way through February. However we stuck with the manager and had a brilliant run in that nearly saw us come 3rd.

Just saying.

Left by mutual consent!
    No chance. We do it could end in devastation.

In the first few league games in the 2017-18 season we lost to Hamilton and Aberdeen and drew with Dundee and St Johnstone. In fact between 19th August and 22nd September we were entirely without a win....so many of us have short memories..all the same stuff was being discussed. "No fight" "No backbone" "disorganised"..then guess what...we beat Hearts, Dundee, Motherwell and and kilmarnock on the trot and suddenly everyone was happy...but even then we followed it up with a defeat to St Johnstone and a draw with Hamilton. In fact our results that season were entirely uninspiring until mid way through February. However we stuck with the manager and had a brilliant run in that nearly saw us come 3rd.

Just saying.

In the first few games we had bet rangers at Ibrox, drew with Celtic away as with Motherwell and beat Ross county away.

Most importantly though the football was enjoyable to watch.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Nope. He needs to go. We’ll be relegation candidates if he stays. He cannot even set a team up to get draws.

First Team Regular
    stop being satisfied with utter pi sh!
    Last edited by #2 Double Tap; 02-09-2019 at 05:53 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m also optimistic...I always think Scotland are going to win the six nations. I always think Scotland will qualify for a major tournament. I also think hibs can finish second in the league at the start of every season.

Hecky however inspires no optimism. Not even one performance where I can say ‘hold on a minute this manager might turn it around’.

He must go.

If you can't handle a bit of pressure from 15 thousand fans at a fairly big SPL side I think you have to ask serious questions of your career, be it a player or the manager. How would you handle the pressure at a big club desperate for glory and results, such as... erm... Leeds United.

If you can't handle the heat get out the kitchen.

I'm sure the hibs fans will support the team as much as possible, but watching the last 3 years unravel at such a fast pace, with crap new players and a manager that has underestimated the Scottish leagues... Well I think the vocal frustration is perfectly reasonable.

It was only a few years ago that tolerant hibs fans were being touted as being soft and accepting mediocrity!!

Let's just face it. We look rubbish and we have a manager that we don't believe in.

We are anxious that mistakes from the past are not repeated.

Either the manager and the team perform or we move in a different direction.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Kirk Broadfoot released by Kilmarnock

Dead man walking

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Will always back the team but I genuinely don't see Hecky lasting until Christmas.

Lose to Hearts and get put out the cup by Killie and he should be out on his ear by October.

Left by mutual consent!
    And....if we tolerate Heck, then relegation will be next...

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    And....if we tolerate Heck, then relegation will be next...
    Bravo!
    That brought a (little) smile to my face - which is more than Heckinbottom's relegation shambles of a squad is likely to do.

Let's not give him till Christmas. We'll likely be relegation certs by then.
    Everyone makes mistakes. It's time Leeann fronted up to hers.

With all due respect no one has to do anything. Hecky is failing and if it continues no amount of support will save him.

@hibs.net private member
    I really wonder what Ron is thinking... Some posters suggesting he is giving it a few months to put his stamp on the club. Obviously won't throw crazy money at the club, however if we don't sign many tonight then that could suggest he is playing the long game until January to shake things up?

Or am I just wishful thinking here...

If the Hibs board allow Heckingbottom to remain in charge of the team until Christmas, barring a miracle, my guess is that Hibs will probably occupy one of the bottom two positions in the league table and facing a fight to avoid relegation.

Really hope I'm proven to be wrong, but the decline in the team's performances this season in particular has been so rapid and huge. Added to that, I get the sense from what I've seen so far is that most other teams in the premier league have strengthened and improved. Hibs have gone backwards, and are a disorganized, soft, leaderless shambles.

I guess I'm relying on things changing for the better under PH. I'm hopeful that Hallberg will make a real difference to our midfield,
    No offence mate but have been watching us this season? We are dreadful. No chance will we be in the top 6 with him in charge. The signs are overwhelming, cut our losses by sacking him now.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    We’ll be lucky to be 4th or 5th bottom by Xmas if that shyster is still in charge.

''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Have you been on the sauce Worcester?

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Dunno I'm usually one to advocate giving time

Its not just that we have been poor, it's tactically we look utterly inept. Wide open all the time - we are gifting teams 20 odd shots at goal per game, that can't continue

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I dont see much choice but putting a brave face on it and getting behind the team. A manager coming in just now would have no budget until Christmas. Theres two weeks to have another look at how we can set up, and maybe have a few injuries clear up.

Heckingbottom will have no illusions that the season has 'officially' started badly (press, fans and his own admission) - and the next five games have the potential to be very painful.

If we lose all five, surely everyone at the club will prepare for a relegation battle and (hopefully) look for a suitable manager to perform that task. But if we go through that with a couple of wins and draws and maybe a single defeat, then that should indicate the team has turned a corner.

I agree with you that the board will give him till Xmas. I’d have fired him after Ibrox and I don’t see anyway we’re going to improve under him.