hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Kane

Paul Kane

Today we are interviewing another Hibs fan who was lucky enough to play for the club, Paul Kane.

Any questions let us know and we'll put as many as we can to Kano!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    How does he feel about the poison re HSL and the fact that the fans can't now reach 25pc and make sure ER is safe? Is his conscience clear?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does he feel about the poison re HSL and the fact that the fans can't now reach 25pc and make sure ER is safe? Is his conscience clear?
    What he said.

Why does he only do interviews when Hibs are struggling on the park?

what was he sent off for in the away friendly in Seville? and was Alex miller really going to take the team off the park as he was screaming at jock Wallace

When he was running the four in hand, why was the pint of lager terrible on match days

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    What was it like working alongside Beavis?
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Did he intend the pass to Steve Archibald to score that goal? Does he mind that his goal in the same game is often overlooked?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    What a ridiculous statement!

Why interview that slavering idiot?

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Why interview that slavering idiot?
    Great player, but the stuff he came out with about stf and Rod was nothing short of embarrassing.

I actually think he’s damaged his reputation as a player for being a slavering arse the last few years.
    Last edited by SMAXXA; 02-09-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I actually think he’s damaged his reputation as a player for being a slavering arse the mast few years.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Did he intend the pass to Steve Archibald to score that goal? Does he mind that his goal in the same game is often overlooked?
    Thirty years in November..what an assist and we could do with a bit of Archigod magic at the moment 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Me too.
    Yep, absolute slaver.

He was also pissed up and hardly approachable to outsiders at an event I attended where he was one of the ex-players in attendance. Mickey Weir, on the other hand, was an absolute gentleman.

I feel a bit of sympathy for PK.

He was vocally anti board and I'm certain a lot of his vendetta against Rod Petrie was personal. The protest after relegation was really only acting on what a decent number of fans were feeling. However he was an easy 'target' for the media when things were and are going wrong. Sportsound etc don't want a balanced appraisal, they want someone to provide 10 minutes of controversial rhetoric to provoke a reaction. Of course Kane was often willing to oblige so has to take a share of the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    What a ridiculous statement!
    I think it’s bang on actually. If this American owner takes us to a new stadium in Straiton because he wants to make a quick buck on some central Edinburgh land, then Kane will need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    I think it’s bang on actually. If this American owner takes us to a new stadium in Straiton because he wants to make a quick buck on some central Edinburgh land, then Kane will need to take a long hard look in the mirror.
    So you think that might happen then???? Otherwise why would you even consider it?

Left by mutual consent!
    How many people do you think he stopped investing? Do you believe for a second HSL would have the 25% to perhaps have some input about that or the 51% to block it completely if it wasn’t for Paul Kane?

No chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    So you think that might happen then???? Otherwise why would you even consider it?
    I pray it won’t. I think the rebuilding of the East Stand makes it very hard to argue the case for relocation, but when an owner has pound signs in their eyes, all logic goes out of the window.

Look at Aberdeen, managed decline of their ground for centuries until they now no longer have a choice. Except they do obviously, Milne just wants them to move ASAP before people can start asking questions.

What I do know is, we had a once-in-a-lifetime chance to safeguard against Hibs ever leaving Easter Road without the fanbase’s consent and we’ve lost it.

Left by mutual consent!
    I pray it won’t. I think the rebuilding of the East Stand makes it very hard to argue the case for relocation, but when an owner has pound signs in their eyes, all logic goes out of the window.

Look at Aberdeen, managed decline of their ground for centuries until they now no longer have a choice. Except they do obviously, Milne just wants them to move ASAP before people can start asking questions.

What I do know is, we had a once-in-a-lifetime chance to safeguard against Hibs ever leaving Easter Road without the fanbase’s consent and we’ve lost it.
    We lost it because not enough of our support wanted it enough or invested like them across the city did. Sir Tom and Petrie sold up also knowing how HSL was eventually trying to get us there. Not much to do with Kano.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    How many people do you think he stopped investing? Do you believe for a second HSL would have the 25% to perhaps have some input about that or the 51% to block it completely if it wasn’t for Paul Kane?

No chance.
    I’m not holding Paul Kane entirely responsible, but I think his spearheading of a “HSL is a ponzi scheme” backlash was reckless and built out of nothing more than a personal grudge with Petrie and Farmer. I do think he is a persuasive guy and probably talked a fair few fans out of it. Bear in mind when HSL was launched in late 2014, we were doing quite well in the league (just beat Rangers 4-0) and people were already commending Dempster for her work.

Left by mutual consent!
    I’m not holding Paul Kane entirely responsible, but I think his spearheading of a “HSL is a ponzi scheme” backlash was reckless and built out of nothing more than a personal grudge with Petrie and Farmer. I do think he is a persuasive guy and probably talked a fair few fans out of it. Bear in mind when HSL was launched in late 2014, we were doing quite well in the league (just beat Rangers 4-0) and people were already commending Dempster for her work.
    Reckless or not he’s not anywhere near responsible for the failings of HSL getting enough shares. You could argue it’s more Sir Tom and Rods fault than Kano telling folk in his boozer. End of the day HSL was still miles and years off.

Ask him to describe the mechanics of a Ponzi scheme for us

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Ask him to describe the mechanics of a Ponzi scheme for us
    What difference would that make now?

What difference would that make now?
    Well for us poor simple uneducated folks who couldn't spot one a mile off like he could, it would be helpful so we don't get caught out again.

Actually just ask him why he is a negative moaning faced slaver who only comes out the woodwork when things are not going so well?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I seriously doubt it would happen but ultimately, the possibility could be seen from the numbers.

What would a new stadium cost?
    How much of that cost could be offset onto some sort of sponsorship deal/Partnership deal?
    What prospect for increased revenue would there be from the new stadium?
    How much is the current land worth?

If those numbers don't add up then no chance.
    If they add up to a stonking great plus point then every chance.

I strongly doubt that the land is worth anything like enough for that sort of chicanery though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Some pretty harsh comments here.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Well for us poor simple uneducated folks who couldn't spot one a mile off like he could, it would be helpful so we don't get caught out again.

Actually just ask him why he is a negative moaning faced slaver who only comes out the woodwork when things are not going so well?
    Probably best to just ask him questions on playing for his boyhood hero’s I’m going to guess. He’s came out the woodwork the week after Mickey done a similar interview on the podcast, nothing more nothing less.

Probably best to just ask him questions on playing for his boyhood hero’s I’m going to guess. He’s came out the woodwork the week after Mickey done a similar interview on the podcast, nothing more nothing less.
    Fine but I won't be listening to him.