hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Won't be back

@hibs.net private member hibbyboy1's Avatar

Won't be back

I have decided as a season ticket holder for over 30 years I won't be back while the bum as I now call him is manager of hfc

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyboy1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have decided as a season ticket holder for over 30 years I won't be back while the bum as I now call him is manager of hfc
    I will be back but we need rid of him asap

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    I will be back but we need rid of him asap
    The fan's will vote with their feet, the ones attending need to make our voices heard, that this is unacceptable.

Hecky and some Board member's positions are now untenable in my opinion.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    The fan's will vote with their feet, the ones attending need to make our voices heard, that this is unacceptable.

Hecky and some Board member's positions are now untenable in my opinion.
    I totally agree with you Baldy and sadly that includes Dempster for a disastrous appointment

Sack him now to give the new manager time. Carry on with this and only give a manager from December is risky as we well no.

stubborn dempster over to you.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Seriously?? Im as pissed off as anyone and i want the manager removed immediately , but the support need to stick together until this happens. I dont get the whole im not going back chat , its football and things go wrong but no way do i stop supporting the club.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Seriously?? Im as pissed off as anyone and i want the manager removed immediately , but the support need to stick together until this happens. I dont get the whole im not going back chat , its football and things go wrong but no way do i stop supporting the club.
    Exactly.....my sentiments entirely.

Heckingbottom’s a huddy but it’s a bit odd that you stuck with it through the likes of Duffy, Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher, if you’re throwing the towel in now.

It’s pish right now but no more pish than under any of those guys.

We've all seen the film before this is only going to end one way. Championship here we come.

Left by mutual consent!
    I get it. I travel over 40 miles to go to Easter road and that's my closest stadium, away games are worse. Certainly until things get better you won't see me at any away games, it's just not worth the extra money only to leave dejected and raging. I can do that from the house, for free.

I stopped going when Fenlon and Butcher were in charge and came back when Leeann an Stubbs came in.

I totally agree with you Baldy and sadly that includes Dempster for a disastrous appointment
    So you would sack Dempster for one bad appointment?! Wonderful.

I think the club has to realize that while we have a hardcore section of the support that is probably around 9-10k the numbers above that will walk away if the product on show and results are bad.

It took a lot of work to get to where we are in terms of number of season tickets, attendance figures, but it's now got to the point that it would be very easy to lose it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Heckingbottom’s a huddy but it’s a bit odd that you stuck with it through the likes of Duffy, Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher, if you’re throwing the towel in now.

It’s pish right now but no more pish than under any of those guys.
    I think a lot of the increased frustration is because we were promised an end to the 'boom and bust' when LD etc came in. There was a big deal made about succession planning, smooth transitions and continued improvement.

Quite evidently that isn't the case and for whatever reason we have abandoned, or modified, a system that appeared to be working relatively well. When Calderwood, Fenlon etc were appointed the club was such a mess there was almost an expectation they would fail. We were told that isn't the case now yet here we are. Some people hang on every word Leeann Dempster says but if she really believes this has been a good transfer window then, to put it bluntly, she is very wrong. Just because she says it doesn't make it true.

Hibs could be playing in an amateur league at the Gyle on a Saturday morning and I'd still be turning up to watch but I understand why people are pissed off enough to be giving games a miss at the moment. I don't agree with it but I get it. It's a very disappointing end to a period in which I really thought things had changed.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I only go when things are good. Two defeats in a row and that's me out for a while.
    Nah I would rather be there telling those in charge I am unhappy than sitting at home regretting not being there.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I stopped going when Fenlon and Butcher were in charge and came back when Leeann an Stubbs came in.

Lets be honest though. The whole club was a mess from top to bottom and the fans were being shortchanged by the club then , spending buttons on signings. I dont think we are anywhere near in that kind of position as a club now , we have a really poor manager who needs replaced and some of his signings need emptied that much is clear. I cant see him being here much longer to be honest, ive not spoken to one supporter who doesn’t want shot of him

What price is heckingbum to be the next manager relieved of his duties

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    The worrying thing is the amount of fans saying the same that they have had enough brutal to watch.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Lets be honest though. The whole club was a mess from top to bottom and the fans were being shortchanged by the club then , spending buttons on signings. I dont think we are anywhere near in that kind of position as a club now , we have a really poor manager who needs replaced and some of his signings need emptied that much is clear. I cant see him being here much longer to be honest, ive not spoken to one supporter who doesn’t want shot of him
    Sadly it’s not just his signings letting us down. Guys such as Hanlon, Stevenson and Whittaker to name but a few have been nothing short of awful. I can’t remember Paul Hanlon losing so many headed high balls. Whitty must have given his man marker ten - fifteen yards yesterday every single time. He was very lucky not to give away a penalty also.
    Whatever happened to this high press we were supposed to do? I saw Motherwell do it collectively but we are all over the place.
    Last edited by Weegreenman; 01-09-2019 at 08:19 AM.

So one bad appointment and the CEO goes? Ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I'll keep going to the home games, I've watched worse in 45+ years supporting Hibs, but don't blame anyone who stops. We as fans have two choices, vote with our feet or go to the games and make it clear that things aren't acceptable.

A bit surprised at calls for LD to go, no doubt she's made mistakes and appointing Heckingbottom is the biggest of them all, but I'll give her a chance to take the required action before calling for her head.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I only go when things are good. Two defeats in a row and that's me out for a while.
    Nah I would rather be there telling those in charge I am unhappy than sitting at home regretting not being there.
    It isn’t even two defeats in a row......

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    So to summarise: Some of you are only willing to support the team and club through the good times.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    So you would sack Dempster for one bad appointment?! Wonderful.
    The Lennon “situation” was hardly held wonderfully either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    So to summarise: Some of you are only willing to support the team and club through the good times.
    Nope, I demonstrated my disgust with my feet by not going, change was needed and unless you start demonstrating not going is one of the few ways to show the owners/management that your not happy. My season ticket was paid for so the club still got my money, they just didn't get my support.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Lennon caused that all by himself by his conduct and certain things said to his boss which would get you sacked in any job.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I disagree. Some of the things I heard about Lennon getting rid of him was 100% the correct decision IMO. Yes I'd loved to have heard the specifics but it doesn't always work that way and sometimes as fans we have to accept we won't get every detail.

If you stop going everytime Hibs are crap you will have missed more than you watched in the last 30 years

Well said,

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I disagree. Some of the things I heard about Lennon getting rid of him was 100% the correct decision IMO. Yes I'd loved to have heard the specifics but it doesn't always work that way and sometimes as fans we have to accept we won't get every detail.
    👍