hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

goals from yesterday

Watch mallan at the third.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMy4eEzxp_w

2. Log in to remove the advert

Whole team was full of half hearted challenges, traffic cones would have been more effective
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Said this yesterday. He’s a serious problem and shouldn’t be starting for us.

Those are two absolute howlers from Rocky

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The first and third goals are so soft its ridiculous. Whittaker got nowhere near his man at the 1st and the 3rd was powder puff stuff

The defensive unit is embarrassing. Marciano needs to take some responsibility for the 1st and 3rd. 1st he's way too casual, I don't think he's expecting a shot as he doesn't set his feet at all. 3rd goes straight through him. Only Jackson knows what he was doing at the penalty.

The defending throughout was awful but the lack of any protection from midfield heaped all kinds of pressure on them. The players may well like Heckingbottom but they don't seem to be willing to bust a gut for him. Too many players with hands on hips, strolling about and letting the heads go down when we lose goals. They need someone on that park kicking a few erses when the chips are down. It's reminiscent of the Liam Craig collapse to the turf when we lost at Dingwall in the relegation season. The club captain should have been stressing to players we still had a chance rather than feeling sorry for himself.

First Team Breakthrough
    How does Marciano seem to get away without criticism? Guys been rank rotten this season and cost us a few goals

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

I think Whittaker is a lot more to blame than marciano for the 1st. He should never have been allowed inside so easily think it took marciano by surprise and was actually well finished

Whittaker lets his man go inside almost every time. Schoolboy defending.

Rocky should do better with the first and third.

Even in on that small video, to me the players do not look fit.

HECKY OUT

@hibs.net private member
    I still can’t work out what on earth Jackson is trying to do except punch the ball...?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc-1875 View Post
    How does Marciano seem to get away without criticism? Guys been rank rotten this season and cost us a few goals
    Agree with this 100%

It is a real “ look the emperor is wearing no clothes” moment.

Wonder if Bogdan would come back?
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 01-09-2019 at 08:01 AM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    The first and third goals are so soft its ridiculous. Whittaker got nowhere near his man at the 1st and the 3rd was powder puff stuff

But I don’t think the biggest problem is Whittaker. Zero pressing or protection in front of him.

The fact the team is simply not playing the way Hecky has told us they will is the biggest problem.

I ll say one thing watching that back has made me realise that we were a lot worse than i realised sitting at the game. The team look so soft , clearly aren’t organised, cant do the basics..

Jesus suffering ******

It takes zero talent to do the simple things - chase down balls/ track back / give a ***** when you’ve lost the ball.

Dreadful stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

But I don’t think the biggest problem is Whittaker. Zero pressing or protection in front of him.

The fact the team is simply not playing the way Hecky has told us they will is the biggest problem.

I actually thought Whittaker was one of our better players offensively yesterday. He was nowhere near his man at 1st and 3rd goals though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Look at the centre of midfield for the first goal, Motherwell could have walked that goal into the net.

Watching that back confirmed what I saw at the game, over and over Motherwell players picked up the ball just inside their own half and could drive forward through our midfield without anybody laying a finger on them. At one point Motherwell were moving forward through the centre of the park and mallan was in out back line and never bothered to close him down

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Whittaker lets his man go inside almost every time. Schoolboy defending.

Rocky should do better with the first and third.

Even in on that small video, to me the players do not look fit.

HECKY OUT
    Every team has two simple tactics: play it down our right to create an opening or goal;launch high balls into the box as we panic and can't clear our lines properly. We will get pumped all season unless the manager goes and we bring in someone who organises us and picks the right players.

Quote Originally Posted by hibshibshibs1 View Post
    Look at the centre of midfield for the first goal, Motherwell could have walked that goal into the net.
    Same last week and most of yesterday - the midfield shape is woeful. Rangers scored 6 going on 20 for a reason.

Add in Jackson’s attempted block for the 1st and his handball - why ??

Seedorf was also played on the left wing deliberately against Whittaker as they saw him as a weakness.

Wow the defending in those highlights is criminal.

1st goal the Well player waltzes through our midfield and is allowed to pick a pass. Mallan the main culprit for not putting pressure. Then Whits gets done for pase.

3rd goal is awful from Mallan and Slivka. Mallan is so easily beaten, Slivka makes little effort to engage.

It's a shame we were playing our third choose right back yesterday, and Marciano has to take some responsibility, but the main problem is the midfield. To many luxury/passengers players in that midfield. Not enough effort, running, tackling, fouling, picking up second balls etc.

Hecky better get it fixed quick or he's gone. Lack of effort is something fans can't and shouldn't forgive.

[QUOTE=hibshibshibs1;5914136]Look at the centre of midfield for the first goal, Motherwell could have walked that goal into the net

That's the real problem for me, aside from Whittaker being absolutely skinned by a simple touch inside. Allan and Mallan are almost standing on the CB toes ffs. They are central midfielders and should be in, well, centre midfield to challenge the ball carrier long before he saunters 20 yards and passes the ball out wide.

Shocking positioning from the pair of them.

Whittaker is completely past it defensively, if he is still alright going forward as people are suggesting put him at RM if he has to play, the first and second goals were goals you would score while playing FIFA on novice level.

He doesn't put a tackle in and let's his man turn him inside out every single time, it's beyond me that people try to defend his performances.

Mallan for that 3rd goal should be superglued onto the bench for the next few weeks, Jackson showing what League 1 defending is all about with that 2nd goal, horrendous Butcher esque viewing everywhere on the park.

Whittaker is clearly a weak link when up against any sort of pace but just how much room and time did we give their midfielder to stroll forward and pick s pass for the opening goal. Terrible stuff.

Keeper needs a massive boot up the arse too.

I don't think it's an over reaction to say we look like relegation fodder just now.

There just isn't any fight or organisation in us at the moment.

Left by mutual consent!
    Look at Mallan and Allan at 1:30, Allan plays a nice through ball then basically stands still and does nothing to support the forward players, you then see Mallan who is even deeper than him, he does some sort of fake jog for about two seconds and then proceeds to stay where he is. Whether they're being told to stay that deep or simply couldn't be arsed to support the attacking players that's woeful to watch either way.

Watching the game it was clear our slow and tired defenders and midfielders sit too deep and there is too big a gap between back to front. Mallan doesn't tackle and sits deeper and deeper making the situation worse. The lack of pace is our undoing, the new winger is no out ball again because he is not fast enough...did our scouts not test the players speed before signing, basic stuff we have gone back five years...

Everyone knows that pace isn't Whittaker's strong point, so why is it he has no cover at all in the 1st and 3rd goals? Horgan is jogging back towards where he should have been when the 3rd one hits the net. This lies solely at Heckingbottom's door for me - wrong setup and formations, no research done on their players and individual threats. No wonder the players look mystified at times, I just can't work out what he's trying to achieve.

Should do better but they aren't 'absolute howlers'. I'd love to hear how you would describe it if he'd let the ball run under his foot or go through his legs...

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Everyone knows that pace isn't Whittaker's strong point, so why is it he has no cover at all in the 1st and 3rd goals? Horgan is jogging back towards where he should have been when the 3rd one hits the net. This lies solely at Heckingbottom's door for me - wrong setup and formations, no research done on their players and individual threats. No wonder the players look mystified at times, I just can't work out what he's trying to achieve.

Was just about to post the same, the winger knew early on he had whittaker beaten for pace so why not double up, horgan should have been bursting a gut to get back, the whole back 5 have been pretty horrendous so far this season

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    Should do better but they aren't 'absolute howlers'. I'd love to hear how you would describe it if he'd let the ball run under his foot or go through his legs...
    The 3rd was pretty much straight at him

The 3rd one looked it the other two were a pen and looked a good finish to me.
    Cougars!!!