hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: George Craig

George Craig

Time to ask some serious questions of our “director of football”. Man appears to be made of Teflon. We haven’t had a good summer transfer window in a long time and yet no questions are being directed toward him. If Heckingbottom deserves to be sacked for this abomination of a team, so does Craig.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time to ask some serious questions of our “director of football”. Man appears to be made of Teflon. We haven’t had a good summer transfer window in a long time and yet no questions are being directed toward him. If Heckingbottom deserves to be sacked for this abomination of a team, so does Craig.
    A new set of eyes and new ambition is required in his position IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 1875 View Post
    You were right about the manager and you are right about him. Almost every player we sign isn't good enough to get in the team.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    He's our version of Levein. He's been untouchable. We've had largely questionable recruitment since Stubbs. He talks well but all these meetings in Barcelona to see what players we can get is a lot of rubbish when we recruit what we have this summer.

Left by mutual consent!
    With our budget we should be picking up better quality players than most of the clubs in this league. That’s certainly not the case.
    St.Johnston
    Motherwell
    Livingston
    Kilmarnock

Four clubs you’d expect us to beat and finish above, now look like they all have better squads than us. That’s unacceptable for me. Time for change me thinks!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    He's our version of Levein. He's been untouchable. We've had largely questionable recruitment since Stubbs. He talks well but all these meetings in Barcelona to see what players we can get is a lot of rubbish when we recruit what we have this summer.
    How can Lennon be questionable. He was a huge name signing for us and gave us two great seasons.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    How can Lennon be questionable. He was a huge name signing for us and gave us two great seasons.
    What?

Coaching Staff
    Who is he, what is his back ground who brought him to Hibs ? For me he seemed to just suddenly appear from somewhere

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    He gave us a decent season in the championship and half a great season in the SPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Who is he, what is his back ground who brought him to Hibs ? For me he seemed to just suddenly appear from somewhere
    He was director of fitba at Falkirk and was enticed to Hibs, well thought of at the time but reckon he has overstayed his time at Hibs. Should go along with most of them and take the manager and his team with them.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    I remember in the Time For Heroes DVD, he mentioned that him & Leeann have some wonderful ideas going forward. 3 years later... what are those “wonderful ideas” and/or when can we see them being implemented? The only thing we can see right now are a bunch of players that don’t seen to show any passion when they pull on that Hibs top. No heart, no desire, no fight. Just a bunch of bottler merchants with a manager that doesn’t seem to have a f****** clue what his best team and formation is.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    How many loans did we have under Lennon? Also, Lennons team was largely still Stubbs' team. I think we've failed to replace them and last season was strange in terms of the number of loans we had that never played. Mavrias, Nelom etc. Club have forgotten they are a football club, all this WeAreAllHibs rubbish...

George is a really interesting guy to listen to. He's passionate, positive and focused.

No one should be untouchable though and he should be under the same scrutiny as anyone else in the football department given the situation we are currently in.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    How many loans did we have under Lennon? Also, Lennons team was largely still Stubbs' team. I think we've failed to replace them and last season was strange in terms of the number of loans we had that never played. Mavrias, Nelom etc. Club have forgotten they are a football club, all this WeAreAllHibs rubbish...
    I mistook your post to mean manager recruitment

Mallberg might turn out to be the Swedish Iniesta. I bloody hope so.

He only advises the manager. The manager makes the final call. As I’ve stated previously PH wanted full control of his summer “rebuild” and he was given it. He was warned of 2 of his summer signings but signed them anyway. I’ve been critical of GC before but this isn’t his mess. It’s PH’s. No one else’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I'm not defending Craig as I don't know what goes on specifically behind the scenes, but as far as I do know it's the manager who has the final say on the players that are signed. Unless you go with a model where the DoF signs all the players and the Head Coach is left to coach these players and select the team, I wouldn't expect the DoF to interfere.

A poster on here claimed Heckingbottom was advised against both Newell and Vela. but he signed them anyway. Is that then the fault of the recruitment team ? And wasn't the same recruitment team in place when we brought in McGinn, Allan, Gray, Henderson, McGeouch etc ? Maybe Heckingbottom has listened to their advice and then gone his own way ?

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    LD isn't blameless in all this either - but I just hope she doesn't dig her heels in and protect PH just because she can.

Making a mistake isn't the end of the world, Leeann, just let him go and move on.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    I mistook your post to mean manager recruitment
    No, Hecky is a mistake on that front. I'm more concerned at how players are coming to the club. Actually find it suspicious how many players have said that Hecky was main reason they came. Also strange how many times interviewer starts the interview by saying "Hecky sales pitch".

Head coach should have a say in player recruitment but why do we have a scouting team, Graeme Mathie and George Craig if we are just going to sign players Hecky knows from down south? Thought that was the reason for moving to a Head Coach model from a Manager model. We should be recruiting players so we can be dynamic with head coaches -sack them or lose them if they do well.

We're back to manager model and lurching from "sack the manager" constantly while each manager recruits duds. Cant help but feel some people are doing a Homer into the bushes while Hecky takes the flak. We need full review of recruitment team, we aren't doing what we said we were doing.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I hope not. Iniesta couldn't tackle very well.

Heckingbottom said he handed a list of targets in on his first day for the club to work on. Given they are coming from lower league England I would imagine most of the signings have come from that list.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    He only advises the manager. The manager makes the final call. As I’ve stated previously PH wanted full control of his summer “rebuild” and he was given it. He was warned of 2 of his summer signings but signed them anyway. I’ve been critical of GC before but this isn’t his mess. It’s PH’s. No one else’s.

Who? Also how do you know this?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    Heckingbottom said he handed a list of targets in on his first day for the club to work on. Given they are coming from lower league England I would imagine most of the signings have come from that list.
    That's not Head Coach model club spoke of. We ended up relegated by giving incompetent managers license to recruit who they wanted. Lurching from one disaster to the next. Club should be honest and say we've lost our way on this front and do a reset before it's far too late.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    I remember in the Time For Heroes DVD, he mentioned that him & Leeann have some wonderful ideas going forward. 3 years later... what are those “wonderful ideas” and/or when can we see them being implemented? The only thing we can see right now are a bunch of players that don’t seen to show any passion when they pull on that Hibs top. No heart, no desire, no fight. Just a bunch of bottler merchants with a manager that doesn’t seem to have a f****** clue what his best team and formation is.

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post

Newell and Doidge?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    He was director of fitba at Falkirk and was enticed to Hibs, well thought of at the time but reckon he has overstayed his time at Hibs. Should go along with most of them and take the manager and his team with them.
    Thanks

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    Who? Also how do you know this?
    Newall and Vella have already-been mentioned.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post

No good.

I want the Swedish Guardiola (the player, not the manager)

That's not Head Coach model club spoke of. We ended up relegated by giving incompetent managers license to recruit who they wanted. Lurching from one disaster to the next. Club should be honest and say we've lost our way on this front and do a reset before it's far too late.
    I think it is too late unfortunately, most of the signings are on 2-3 yr contracts it’s not like bad loans you can bin sooner. Couple that with the originals ageing - Gray, Whittaker, Hanlon, Stevenson and McGregor and we are in a very bad position with a full rebuild required. Remember Dempster has invested a min of £850k in the 4yr deals given to Gray / McGregor- how many games will they play this season?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Largely questionable since Stubbs? Can you explain this?