hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    @hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would anyone hate vegans?
    Some folk just dislike difference...I've had more negative stuff from people though when I go off the drink..End of the day its them that are making a thing about it..I couldnt give a **** about what others eat unless Im directly concerned about their health

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Interestingly it is an issue for everyone as people age....Most 50 plus year old , regardless of diet have b12. deficiencies..they are recommended to take Supplements. B12 used to be natural in the soil..but as soil qualities reduce , b12 is now a supplement into animal feed to give meat the right levels of b12..

So this is not really a vegan only topic ....
    I did not know that, will defo get a multi vit that covers that base...thanks for the info

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    I did not know that, will defo get a multi vit that covers that base...thanks for the info
    See my post on the last page. Holland and Barrett do a good vegan multi vitamin including B12. Can usually get a deal on them to make them a bit more affordable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    See my post on the last page. Holland and Barrett do a good vegan multi vitamin including B12. Can usually get a deal on them to make them a bit more affordable.
    I actually went to your other recommendation and got two jars there with the 40% off ...So thanks for that 👍😀

@hibs.net private member
    I actually went to your other recommendation and got two jars there with the 40% off ...So thanks for that 👍😀
    No worries!

Had a 'moving mountains' burger the other night, all the taste of meat but it just felt lighter.

Becoming vegetarian or even vegan is something I'd like to do but more research is definitely needed.

Quote Originally Posted by H18BYM View Post
    I watched a documentary during the Xmas holidays on Netflix call The Game Changers, that followed a guy who used a Vegan diet to aid his recovery from a serious injury. I'm no athlete, nor am I Vegan, but I was intrigued by what the guy experienced. There's a bit where he compares his performance on a piece of gym apparatus before and after and, if it's genuine, it's pretty compelling. As a result I'm now eating much less meat than before to see what effects is has. The documentary is definitely worth a watch for those with any interest in Veganism and/or the impact it has on physical health.
    The Tennessee Titans, who featured heavily in the Game Changers documentary with several of their players changing to a vegan diet, have just made the AFC Championship game. One game away from the Superbowl. Their best performance in 13 years and only their 2nd play off appearance in 11 seasons.......
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

What's the view amongst the more experienced veggies/vegans on here about the plant based meat substitute products? I recently bought a selection of the Vivera range of items, including the plant burger, greek kebab and escalopes. I've had the first two and been very pleasantly surprised by the taste, flavour and texture - they certainly sated my craving for meat (I've decided to attempt 6 months of pescatarianism from the start of this year).

I wonder, though, what the health effects of these types of food are. They are marketed as being high in protein and certain vitamins but are heavily processed - in the case of the burger it is rehydrated soya and wheat. What I don't know is the health and nutritional effects of foods like this - are they, for example, high in fats and calories?

I'd appreciate any advice. While I've been eating a lot of fish and salads since the start of the year, I'm still trying to find my way through a lot of meat-free eating and in particular what quick/convenient foods I can consume when I'm short on time or effort. I'd like to be going for healthy options and also want to avoid eating cheese with every meal!

Cheers,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The Tennessee Titans, who featured heavily in the Game Changers documentary with several of their players changing to a vegan diet, have just made the AFC Championship game. One game away from the Superbowl. Their best performance in 13 years and only their 2nd play off appearance in 11 seasons.......
    ...and we all know that if a dietary regime can catapault a serial failure like Ryan Tannehill to a NFL championship game, it's probably worth trying

My daughter is a vegan. My biggest problem in joining her is missing a proper cup of tea in the morning. Soya milk in tea just doesn't work.

Blog Entries
    Was looking for some sort of replacement for ice cream....Ive been craving it today! What I ended up with you would swear was dairy (well I would).

Banana Ice Cream with Almond Brittle

For the ice cream chop up four ripe bananas & freeze them (thats all the ingredients!).....Then make the brittle but crushing a handful of almonds mix with two tablespoons of maple syrup and flatten onto a baking sheet & sprinkled on some sea salt too...bake at 175 for 9 minutes...Take out & let it cool down & harden..

Once bananas are frozen chuck them in the blender & blend for 3-5mins.....You can eat it like that (kinda soft) or pop it back in the freezer to set..

Cant get over how creamy it was......Mind blown.....Serve with broken up bits of the brittle on top

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Was looking for some sort of replacement for ice cream....Ive been craving it today! What I ended up with you would swear was dairy (well I would).

Banana Ice Cream with Almond Brittle

For the ice cream chop up four ripe bananas & freeze them (thats all the ingredients!).....Then make the brittle but crushing a handful of almonds mix with two tablespoons of maple syrup and flatten onto a baking sheet & sprinkled on some sea salt too...bake at 175 for 9 minutes...Take out & let it cool down & harden..

Once bananas are frozen chuck them in the blender & blend for 3-5mins.....You can eat it like that (kinda soft) or pop it back in the freezer to set..

Cant get over how creamy it was......Mind blown.....Serve with broken up bits of the brittle on top
    Add a little honey (is honey vegan???)and lime juice to your bananas when blitzing,,,, you can thank me later!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Add a little honey (is honey vegan???)and lime juice to your bananas when blitzing,,,, you can thank me later!
    Ah cool, will give that a go tmrw (gonna a tub for myself while my mrs is out partying)....honey isnít but iíll still use it as no harm done to bees 😉)

thanks in advance!

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Ah cool, will give that a go tmrw (gonna a tub for myself while my mrs is out partying)....honey isnít but iíll still use it as no harm done to bees 😉)

thanks in advance!
    In lieu of honey, you could always try agave syrup.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post

Honey is neither organic nor vegan, apparently.