hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Oer missus!

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar

Oer missus!

From the section Cricket..

Ben Stokes gets hit on the helmet by a short ball*.....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    😂

But still not quite up there with the incident when a batsman was hit in the, ahem, box by the 5 th ball of the over.

After treatment he returned to the crease to face the final ball of the over.

The commentator's take on it?

"The batsman resumes. One ball left"
    😂 😂

Surely the batsmans Holding the bowlers Willey is the way forward, whether it was said or not! 😁

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely the batsmans Holding the bowlers Willey is the way forward, whether it was said or not! 😁
    I always liked Lillie bowled Dilley caught Willey !

Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    😂

But still not quite up there with the incident when a batsman was hit in the, ahem, box by the 5 th ball of the over.

After treatment he returned to the crease to face the final ball of the over.

The commentator's take on it?

"The batsman resumes. One ball left"
    😂 😂
    😂😂
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

@hibs.net private member
    I got it slightly wrong (see below) . Enjoy these.

"Welcome to Leicester where the captain Ray Illingworth has just relieved himself at the Pavilion End" - Brian Johnston

"The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey" - Brian Johnston as Peter Willey faces up to Michael Holding*

"[Glenn] Turner looks a bit shaky and unsteady, but I think he's going to bat on...one ball left" - Brian Johnston after Turner was hit in the box area by the penultimate ball of the match

"Neil Harvey's at slip, with his legs wide apart, waiting for a tickle" - Brian Johnston

"Bill [Frindall] needs a small ruler. How about the Sultan of Brunei? I hear he is only four foot ten" - Brian Johnston

"Batsmen wear so much protection these days that I mostly identify them from their posteriors" - Brian Johnston

"This bowler's like my dog: three short legs and balls which swing each way" - Brian Johnston

"The programme implied that...he made love like he played cricket: slowly, methodically, but with the real possibility that he might stay in all day" - Martin Kelner reviewing a documentary about Geoffrey Boycott

"There's nothing like the sound of flesh on leather to get a cricket match going" - Geoff Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    I got it slightly wrong (see below) . Enjoy these.

"Welcome to Leicester where the captain Ray Illingworth has just relieved himself at the Pavilion End" - Brian Johnston

"The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey" - Brian Johnston as Peter Willey faces up to Michael Holding*

"[Glenn] Turner looks a bit shaky and unsteady, but I think he's going to bat on...one ball left" - Brian Johnston after Turner was hit in the box area by the penultimate ball of the match

"Neil Harvey's at slip, with his legs wide apart, waiting for a tickle" - Brian Johnston

"Bill [Frindall] needs a small ruler. How about the Sultan of Brunei? I hear he is only four foot ten" - Brian Johnston

"Batsmen wear so much protection these days that I mostly identify them from their posteriors" - Brian Johnston

"This bowler's like my dog: three short legs and balls which swing each way" - Brian Johnston

"The programme implied that...he made love like he played cricket: slowly, methodically, but with the real possibility that he might stay in all day" - Martin Kelner reviewing a documentary about Geoffrey Boycott

"There's nothing like the sound of flesh on leather to get a cricket match going" - Geoff Lawson
    👍👍👍
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game