hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gray’s injury

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

Gray’s injury

Looked a bad one at the time, any news on it?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Guys no luck what so ever looked a sore one the way his leg was straight and the weight going on it 🤞🏼 He’s ok and back pronto

Doubt this will be popular but we probably should've released him and got someone more reliable over the summer. Hoping James is back soon because using a sub to bring on a fullback every week is getting ridiculous.

It was hardly his fault he got injured yesterday. Scott allan halved him.

Left the ground on crutches and knee in a brace.

@hibs.net private member
    Concerned about him. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure we'll see him play many more games for Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doubt this will be popular but we probably should've released him and got someone more reliable over the summer. Hoping James is back soon because using a sub to bring on a fullback every week is getting ridiculous.
    Would agree if it was all muscular but they arnt he’s so unlucky yesterdays was a sore one and totally unfortunate

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    It was hardly his fault he got injured yesterday. Scott allan halved him.

It’s not like he was carrying a knock or anything

It’s getting to a point where we’re as well not playing him. It’s a waste of a sub. Every time he goes down he struggles to get back up was at least two occasions yesterday prior to the eventual injury he was struggling. Added to the fact that he just wasn’t that good either he won’t be that much of a miss next week. Kennedy skipped past him with ease when he was even there to try and challenge him, don’t think he got past Whittaker once

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrahib View Post
    Blame Hecky. Scott Allan should not have been in that position in the 1st place when he gave that ball away prior to the collision.
    Seriously?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Blame Hecky. Scott Allan should not have been in that position in the 1st place when he gave that ball away prior to the collision.
    That is perhaps a bit of a reach????

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Deary me.
    Are you an adult ?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member
    If Allan had been bothered to get closer to Kennedy in the first place he wouldn't have needed to make the rash challenge that led to SDG getting injured. He was out of position yesterday but he really needed to do better in that passage of play and throughout his time on the pitch. Hopefully he is back central and showing a bit more interest next week

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    You won't be popular at all, I made a similar suggestion on a previous post re his new 4 year contract. All I can say is you better duck. 🙄

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    You won't be popular at all, I made a similar suggestion on a previous post re his new 4 year contract. All I can say is you better duck. 🙄

I think he and you make a valid point. Its pretty obvious his playing career is coming to an end probably sooner than we all wanted/expected. He might prove me wrong but I doubt there will be another full season in him. The 4 year contract can't be with any expectation of him playing that long.

Gray had a very good 2nd half to last season and was fit every week. Off the back of that it would have been madness to release him, especially comparing our results last year with him in the team and out of it.

Yes, he's had a chequered injury record during his time with us. If we'd had the benefit of hindsight and his injury interrupted start to this season we might have done things differently.

I thought Whittaker played well again yesterday when he went on and tbh this isn't a position that overly worries me as James and Whittaker are very able deputies.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Gray had a very good 2nd half to last season and was fit every week. Off the back of that it would have been madness to release him, especially comparing our results last year with him in the team and out of it.

Yes, he's had a chequered injury record during his time with us. If we'd had the benefit of hindsight and his injury interrupted start to this season we might have done things differently.

I thought Whittaker played well again yesterday when he went on and tbh this isn't a position that overly worries me as James and Whittaker are very able deputies.
    Whittaker did ok but it was apparent St J thought they could get success against him in behind and on the overload and they did this several times. They also targeted him aerially quite a bit too.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    Whittaker did ok but it was apparent St J thought they could get success against him in behind and on the overload and they did this several times. They also targeted him aerially quite a bit too.
    Rather than that being about Whittaker personally I thought it was about the lack of help he had out there - a feature of what our fullbacks have to endure every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    I think he and you make a valid point. Its pretty obvious his playing career is coming to an end probably sooner than we all wanted/expected. He might prove me wrong but I doubt there will be another full season in him. The 4 year contract can't be with any expectation of him playing that long.

It isnt. Neither is mcgregor as was made clear at time. They are moving into different non playing positions at the club inside those 4 years. Both are currently doing their coaching badges.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Rather than that being about Whittaker personally I thought it was about the lack of help he had out there - a feature of what our fullbacks have to endure every week.
    Probably right as well, but Gray was coping fine.

sad to say but its getting near the time for Gray to hang up his boots he was getting skinned by the St J winger and not for the first game he is but one in a pretty old defence that we should have been working on replacing a couple of years back. When he moves into whatever role at E.R. he will do fine, just not on the park anymore.

We were always going to sign a new RB and it’s unfortunate that both James and Gray have picked up injuries. I’m more than comfortable with Whittaker (who looks fit enough to play a few more seasons) starting every game at RB.

On the flip side of Grays injury though, maybe it’s time for a change of shape? 3 at the back with two wingers covering should provide the defence cover we’ve been lacking.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    It isnt. Neither is mcgregor as was made clear at time. They are moving into different non playing positions at the club inside those 4 years. Both are currently doing their coaching badges.
    I think their move into non playing roles may well be expedited based on their ongoing injury problems.

Left by mutual consent!
    It’s almost as if hibs didn’t give him a four year contract purely in a playing capacity. I wonder if they maybe considered the possibility of Gray being involved with hibs once he has stopped playing.

They literally said this when they signed the contract but still some of the more simpleton hibs fans don’t quite grasp it.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    It’s almost as if hibs didn’t give him a four year contract purely in a playing capacity. I wonder if they maybe considered the possibility of Gray being involved with hibs once he has stopped playing.

They literally said this when they signed the contract but still some of the more simpleton hibs fans don’t quite grasp it.
    What happens if Hibs say they don’t think he’s up to playing any more, but he turns round and says he’s not ready to pack it in? He’s only 31.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post

I think is was commented on at the time that the playing days would wind down as they migrated on to player/coaching roles. Wonder if this an attempt at succession planning and in 3/4 years time after of next next to next manager they take the reins?

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    What happens if Hibs say they don’t think he’s up to playing any more, but he turns round and says he’s not ready to pack it in? He’s only 31.
    Then we sell him.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

We play better with a fit SDG in the side. That much is obvious.

Suggesting that we should have released him is mental.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

How often will we have a fit SDG though?

FWIW, I wouldn’t have released him. But I’ve never been convinced about the four year deal. I know there are other elements to it, I thought it made more sense for Daz at 34 as you’d assume he’ll be ready to move on to the ‘other things’ in the not too distant future.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Worried that people think James looks like an able deputy as well.