hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should the manager stay or go?

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay

91 39.22%
  • Go

141 60.78%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heckingbottom is maybe giving the players too much to deal with. When he first arrived he never shut up about all of the “information” he’d be giving to the players. Maybe they aren’t taking it in.
    I think there may be something in that.

Said elsewhere that a lot of managers will hear Klopp or Guardiola talk fancy formations and not get that you need a fairly high quality of player to make them work.
    Not saying it has to be 4-4-2 but it strikes me we'd be better off with one of the more regular formations.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    I like Hecky, but it IS a results based business.
    I reckon he was taken aback by the reaction to the 6-1 humping by Rangers.
    In his world, Rangers are a side with massive resources compared to us, so a significant defeat was, if not acceptable, then not earth shattering, and could be politely and logically explained away.
    The tremors that shook our Hibs world after that, probably surprised him.
    He repeatedly says ...mainly in regard to only one game a week, that he is still getting used to things up here.
    He needs to learn quickly, for all our sakes that Hibs are NOT A ‘work in progress’ and that we demand total commitment from the START of the season, not just ‘work our way up’ to peak form in mid season.
    Whether he can recover sufficiently from this, will indicate whether he is a good manager, or otherwise.
    I sincerely hope he can turn things around, as he seems a decent bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Heckingbottom is maybe giving the players too much to deal with. When he first arrived he never shut up about all of the “information” he’d be giving to the players. Maybe they aren’t taking it in.
    Hecky has a masters in bulls***

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I'm never comfortable with looking to bin managers after just a few games of a new season so I haven't voted … but if I had the way I feel after witnessing yesterday it would have been go. From what I've seen since he first arrived he is a very conservative manager and I don't see much sign of that changing.

His style, if you can call it that, of allowing the opposition to take the initiative in games is brutal to watch, St Mirren did it and St Johnstone did it yesterday and its completely at odds with his 'high pressing game' talk when he first arrived, I have seen no evidence of that or that he is building a team capable of doing it. From the word go he has left nobody up the pitch when we are defending corners of free kicks …. where's the F'ing out ball?

I said it on another thread. We have Motherwell and Killie away in our next two fixtures, one on good form and one not … if that turns into two defeats IMO he will be in Pat Fenlon's situation the night we were beaten by Hearts in the league cup … We were as good that night as we had been in practically any game Fenlon managed us in, we could have been 3 - 0 up by half time easily we were so good. But we lost 0 - 1 and that was the end for Fenlon, nobody cared how we had played, it was all about the result.

Our next game following Motherwell and Killie is Hearts at home … if we haven't done better than one point from the two previous games and we lose to Hearts only dogged support from the board and owner will save him, but if that happens we will once again be back to the bad old days where the fans and the club are totally at odds with each other.
    Then why not vote for him to stay, rather than not vote at all?

If he stays I go.

Not watching that boring pish he's serving up anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    If he stays I go.

Not watching that boring pish he's serving up anymore.
    Do supporters really do that? I would never stop going as it's as much a social thing as anything.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Do supporters really do that? I would never stop going as it's as much a social thing as anything.
    I'm not going to any Rangers or Celtic games as long as he's here.

We've lost before a ball has been kicked, I have better things to do with my time than watch us meekly surrender to my least favourite teams, home or away.

Other than against them, I honestly don't find his football that bad, and I've enjoyed what we've played this season in patches. I wish we could defend, I wish we could close a game out, and I wish he'd rustle up an undiscovered gem of a defensive midfielder in time to play this weekend.
    Last edited by Smartie; 26-08-2019 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I'm not going to any Rangers or Celtic games as long as he's here.

We've lost before a ball has been kicked, I have better things to do with my time than watch us meekly surrender to my least favourite teams, home or away.

Other than against them, I honestly don't find his football that bad, and I've enjoyed what we've played this season in patches. I wish we could defend, I wish we could close a game put, and I wish he'd rustle up an undiscovered gem of s midfielder in time to play this weekend.
    I'll go to the home games but i'll definitely not be going to Ibrox or Parkhead until he's gone. I was at Ibrox the other week and that was enough for me.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Some have already judging by our crowd on Saturday. I'll keep going to home games but won't be spending money I can't afford to attend any away games. I'm not enjoying his brand of football.