hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should the manager stay or go?

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay

91 39.22%
  • Go

141 60.78%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Heckingbottom - stay or go

As those with the strongest views on here tend to shout loudest, let's see what the board thinks as a whole.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Stay for now, but improvement needed in forthcoming games.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 26-08-2019 at 01:50 PM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    In normal circumstances a Manager should be given more time to build a team and prove his worth.

However, have to say I'm seriously worried this is another Calderwood like appointment; no passion, nous or proven Managerial experience to turn things around.

Ian Cathroesque.

Early days yet, I wouldn't say the start of the season has been a disaster. Alot of new players still need to gel, there's moments of great play but it's not consistent enough. Not unusual for the start of a season though. Defo a few more games before I get worried, but I'd probably considered a happy clapper.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

If you get a new job you normally have a 3 month trial period. Hecky done well when he first came in but this season it's his team, and although I'm losing patience on an ever quickening scale I'll give him another month or so to turn it round.

My head says he should get more time, but my heart says go.

Hecky seems a reasonable guy and talks a good game but it's a results based business and they have been bang average to say the least.
    The style of football is pedestrian and the players in my opinion appear to be overcoached, playing out of position or without confidence.
    There is a general malaise about the place just now and the fans are voicing their displeasure and this is also affecting the players.
    The buck stops with the board / owner and if this continues the team will struggle to get in top 6 / crowds will drop and we will be in another transition period (sick and tired of one step forward / 2 steps back).
    If we leave it too late we will be out of the Cup and in the bottom 6 and when there is no confidence / fight in the team as we have seen in the past we might even be heading for the Championship.
    If I was in charge I would get rid off now and bring in Gary Holt (Livingston Manager) who appears to get the best out of players at a budget far lower than ours.

Verdict : out now

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In normal circumstances a Manager should be given more time to build a team and prove his worth.

However, have to say I'm seriously worried this is another Calderwood like appointment; no passion, nous or proven Managerial experience to turn things around.

Ian Cathroesque.
    My thoughts exactly.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

Only week 3 guys

At least give him the first round of fixtures

See how far he takes us in the League Cup

Let’s see where we are at when the window slams shut on 2/9/2019

Hopefully no more English second division players I am done with them

I am a half full kinda guy but must admit starting to feel half empty

He stays for now

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    If you get a new job you normally have a 3 month trial period. Hecky done well when he first came in but this season it's his team, and although I'm losing patience on an ever quickening scale I'll give him another month or so to turn it round.
    Is it his team or has he given up on some of his signings already? He has brought in 9 players (1 awaiting clearance, another injured). Yesterday he used a 14 players in the game. 10 of whom were signed before he arrive (inc Sotty A). He has not improved any player, (think Boyle and Lennon) in fact he has made good players look bang average.
    The keeper has clearly been told to kick everything, as we no longer build from the back and nobody is looking to take it. We play with no width, despite bringing in 2 wide players. He leaves nobody up front when we are defending corners.....at home v bottom 6 teams.
    He plays Allan on the right of midfield when everyone knows he should be in the middle, preferably in a more forward role. Yesterday he subs Allan and pushes Vella into that role!!!!!
    This has Calderwood all over it. GET RID NOW!!

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/traine...iner/statistik

Go

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Stay for now....

Think the next run of games are crucial for him to turn it around.

Four league games between now and end of September. Motherwell, Killie away, Hearts & Celtic at home and a LC QF against Killie.

For me he needs to take 7+ points from 12 and progress in the LC or he’s a lame duck and won’t last thru October.

I hope he gets it right but I have massive concerns after watching that yesterday.

Left by mutual consent!
    Stay but he has to take responsibility for his selections and set up which I think have been poor.

There is no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre Hibee View Post
    Hecky seems a reasonable guy and talks a good game but it's a results based business and they have been bang average to say the least.
    The style of football is pedestrian and the players in my opinion appear to be overcoached, playing out of position or without confidence.
    There is a general malaise about the place just now and the fans are voicing their displeasure and this is also affecting the players.
    The buck stops with the board / owner and if this continues the team will struggle to get in top 6 / crowds will drop and we will be in another transition period (sick and tired of one step forward / 2 steps back).
    If we leave it too late we will be out of the Cup and in the bottom 6 and when there is no confidence / fight in the team as we have seen in the past we might even be heading for the Championship.
    If I was in charge I would get rid off now and bring in Gary Holt (Livingston Manager) who appears to get the best out of players at a budget far lower than ours.

Agreed.

I have given him a chance but the most glaring obvious issue is the midfield and lack of players who can turn the ball / have high energy.

We don’t have midfielders who are getting on the ball to build attacks - it’s try and hit strikers early for flicks around the corner.

Defensively our back 5 will keep losing goals as they have zero protection in front.

Allan / Mallan need someone who does he dirty work.

Vela isn’t that player.

Allan and Mallan possibly can’t even play in same team as they both want to be the star. Both aren’t luxury players which isn’t a bad thing but you need legs and energy in there for them to be a success.

Mallan player of season last year with goals and assists is now playing deep.

Allan who has goals and assists this season was putting right back for parts of yesterday’s game!

Gray and Stevenson aren’t fit and have been rushed back as we are desperate.

Fraser Murray has been playing well but no where to be seen.

Back to basics for me..sign 2 players who can win the ball back and play players in their position - plus try and make more than 5 passes than missing it midfield - basically let the reigns off as the players looked over coached and not enjoying playing.

Go. Everything he keeps telling us is a complete contradiction to what we see on the park. I dont see us improving under him so i dont see why we should waste time by clinging onto some faint hope that he will turn it around and let half of another season go to waste. Make the change now.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's really going to be down to the walk up support as they will boost the crowd or not. If a big amount decide not enjoying it then PH will be in the office for a chat.

Left by mutual consent!
    His development of our young players is another concerning part.

Shaw gone backwards and hardley given a chance. When he does its slung out wide right. Then slagged off in the press for wanting to get out and play.
    Murray not in squad yesterday after a really good display vs Morton. Murray is a brilliant young footballer who needs to be involved.
    Mackie hung out to dry at ibrox and never given a proper chance.

Go.....its glaringly obvious how this is all going to end. I blame him for not getting 3 points yesterday which was a really bad result.

Head says stay. Just.

Heart and gut say go.

It's irrelevant because there is no way Hibs will act any time soon.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    We’ve turned into quite a timid wee side again. We’ve got nothing about us. The manager went on about signing the right person as well as the right player but that’s obviously gone badly for him. We are powderpuff as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    His development of our young players is another concerning part.

Shaw gone backwards and hardley given a chance. When he does its slung out wide right. Then slagged off in the press for wanting to get out and play.
    Murray not in squad yesterday after a really good display vs Morton. Murray is a brilliant young footballer who needs to be involved.
    Mackie hung out to dry at ibrox and never given a proper chance.
    Interesting point.

There is also the issue these signings are his players on decent money and long contracts so he will play them over younger players even if the younger players are better.

I’ve questioned the lack of decent youths coming through but at I would rather watch some of them then someone over paid being comfortable.

We have been here before and there are serious warning signs hence why the support is being so vocal.

Stay. Let’s get behind the team👍🏼

Really is unbelievable how many people genuinely think this imposter is gonna turn this round.

Complete and utter shambles.

He has to go now.

Honestly, why delay the inevitable. Get rid.

I’ll make a prediction of he will win either one of next two league games, lose the cup game, get stuffed of hearts, mutual termination on the Monday.

but I would love we cut our losses now. All the signs are there.

I'm not usually someone who turns against the manager so quickly but I've had enough already.

The signings have been poor, the tactics have been baffling and the atmosphere at the club is the worst it's been in over 5 years since we were relegated.

Yesterday was the final straw for me. I'll still go to games but it's really not something that I'm enjoying right now.

I'm seeing absolutely nothing that suggests things will improve so I really don't see the point in waiting around just because we're still in the early stages of the new season.

I didn’t renew our season tickets this year as I don’t think I can watch that type of negative and boring football every week. As far as I’m concerned he’s out of his depth and must go now!

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre Hibee View Post

I agree with most of this. Not sure about Gary Holt though.

I was raging yesterday but, in the cold light of day, it seems ludicrous to sack a manager before the window is even shut.
    I think he should get some time to learn from what he has seen and mould a team.
    Clearly if things don't improve nature will take its course.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I was raging yesterday but, in the cold light of day, it seems ludicrous to sack a manager before the window is even shut.
    I think he should get some time to learn from what he has seen and mould a team.
    Clearly if things don't improve nature will take its course.
    Would you trust him to spend more cash on any last minute deals?