hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should the manager stay or go?

Voters
232. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay

91 39.22%
  • Go

141 60.78%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    His results and performances have been woeful against top 6 opposition. His one saving grace last year was results against the bottom 6 (still ground out with no good performances so to say).

Now it would appear he can't even manage that, he's also delivered one of our worst results I can remember, losing the fans at an alarming rate and now wasting what I see as the precious time we have with Scott Allan at Hibs.

Good lord I hope we don't give him 12-18 months as some are suggesting! My eyes have bled enough watching us play under him I don't think I could manage another year.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Early doors this season, let's see his the next 3-4 games go

Quote Originally Posted by Islington Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    totally absurd poll.

Hecky's record so far, in competitive matches is played 22, won 13 drew 4 lost 5. Very early days but that is one of the better records of any Hibs manager.

Great turn around last season to get top six well against the head, slightly disappointing results so this season but far far, too early to judge.

Sure the new signings have yet to shine, but it is only the third game of the season for God's sake. Some people should be totally ashamed of themselves and if this shameless short-termism and boo boys tactics continue you will drive decent fans away who want to enjoy a pleasant, enjoyable day out without endless cat calling and poor sportsmanship. Time to judge is at least 12-18months away.
    You can only judge what you are watching and what we are watching is dire. He’s managing to reduce the gates already, he doesn’t have 12-18 months to turn it all round. The gates aren’t reducing because people are booing.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    Early doors this season, let's see his the next 3-4 games go
    Aw. Must we?!

@hibs.net private member
    100% get rid.

Ask yourselves - if you didn't have season ticket (and based on performances in league cup and league to date) would you have been there yesterday? If we were playing Motherwell at home next week, not away, would you as a non season ticket holder be going?

As others have said, since we made top six last season, the performances are lacklustre and awful.

Does the board at Hibs still believe in him? Does what they are watching match what he said in interviews he would deliver? Scraping into top six is not success this season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    Nothing to do with the recruitment team. He was told not to sign 2 of them. These are ALL his guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for sharing this 👍

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellahappyhibee View Post
    Ask yourselves - if you didn't have season ticket (and based on performances in league cup and league to date) would you have been there yesterday? If we were playing Motherwell at home next week, not away, would you as a non season ticket holder be going?

As others have said, since we made top six last season, the performances are lacklustre and awful.

Does the board at Hibs still believe in him? Does what they are watching match what he said in interviews he would deliver? Scraping into top six is not success this season.
    I'd be there if Butcher got reappointed and re-signed Rowan Vine.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I'd be there if Butcher got reappointed and re-signed Rowan Vine.

I'd be there if Rowan Vine was appointed manager and signed Terry Butcher.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I'd be there if Rowan Vine was appointed manager and signed Terry Butcher.
    😂

Go. I'll be honest, he lost me after the Celtic Cup game last year. it was the first time in almost 6 years that I could recall hibs fearing the old firm and that was because he set us up scared. we were utterly powder puff and gutless. then the huns game this season.

I don't expect these games to define our season results wise (although we should be competing with the Rangers) but I do expect us to have a proper go and compete over the 90 mins.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellahappyhibee View Post

Go to Motherwell anyway radgeworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Stay for now, but improvement needed in forthcoming comes.

This. Believe in giving everyone a reasonable shout but defence especially needs to tighten up. Don't want to go back to those days when we got a one goal lead and spent at least half the game desperately hanging on and falling further and further back trying to defend the lead only to be thwarted at the last gasp.

If we have aspirations for top six (dare I say top three or four?), we need to be winning our home games against the likes of St. J. reasonably comfortably.

No disrespect to the Saints BTW - my maternal granny's family was from Perthshire and so have always had a soft spot for them. Was told we had a family member who was a captain for them way back - don't know if it's true or not.

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    I am surprised that the players are getting a free ride here. Surely they must take some responsibility for yesterday’s display? Scott Allan was poor yesterday and was the reason that Gray was injured. I am quite sure the manager didn’t tell them to pass the ball aimlessly to opposition players, to fail to win any header in the opposition half and to fail to hold onto the ball by taking it into the corner or clear it from their own box away from the opposition. Unfortunately they did all of the above yesterday, repeatedly, and that is why a poor St. Johnstone team got a draw. He may be responsible for playing players out of position and for the slow build up play, but he is certainly not wholly responsible for yesterday’s result. Therefore, I think he should be given more time before any decision is made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Ordinarily I’d say stay but the reaction to him yesterday was poisonous. He’s never going to recover from it short of putting together a run of form that blows everyone outside the OF away so it’s probably at the point where it’s better for everyone to part ways.

So to summarise I think his performance as manager should mean he stays. But the attitude of some fans towards him probably makes his position untenable.

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    He was warned off both Joe Newell and Josh Vela but he wanted them so the club backed him. He was given total control over who was brought in this season. If you can’t see that from the players we’ve signed then your eyes are painted on. NONE of his signings have any experience playing top flight football, never mind in Scotland. None of them are good enough and none of them will see out their contracts. Trust me on that.

Not sure I believe that’s happened. If it has though then what’s the point of having a recruitment team if the work they do is potentially not even being made use of?

Previous to yesterday I thought it was fair to give him a round of fixtures to resolve whatever going wrong.

After watching yesterday's performance I'm now thinking end of October. Heckxit, if you like. We have a tasty run of fixtures in late October/early Nov against Hamilton Livvy Ross County and St Mirren, who quite frankly Hibs should always aim to be taking 12 points from. Its a perfect opportunity for Heck to make a comeback, go from zero to hero, climb the table and prove the fans wrong. If however we stumble during that run I think its curtains (and we could be looking over our shoulders at the relegation places anyway, which would make up the owners minds up for them. We can't afford to even think about relegation).
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 25-08-2019 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Can't count

Quote Originally Posted by Islington Hibs View Post
    Time to judge is at least 12-18months away.
    That is the most laughable thing I have ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I am surprised that the players are getting a free ride here. Surely they must take some responsibility for yesterday’s display? Scott Allan was poor yesterday and was the reason that Gray was injured. I

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Allan was poor because he was played on the right wing. It's not like he didn't try as he obviously did.

He was playing to the managers instructions.

Hecks enjoyed the usual "new manager run" before the enthusiasm wained and we failed miserably in the last 5 games of last season..
    The questions continued into this season as unknown signings arrived from the lower English leagues, and as we watched them huff and puff and struggle past lower league opponents in the league cup, and now, 3 games into the league campaign, we are witnessing dire football, an inept midfield with players being played out of position, and a powder-puff defence that simply can't defend or keep a clean sheet. Ordinary sides, with a fraction of our budget, like St. Johnstone, are outplaying us.

Sorry, but we've seen all this before.
    I think our club should cut its losses by getting shot of a manager who quite simply is out of his depth and does not understand our club, and give ourselves a chance to rescue the season whilst it is still early.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi Heid Yin View Post
    Hecks enjoyed the usual "new manager run" before the enthusiasm wained and we failed miserably in the last 5 games of last season..
    The questions continued into this season as unknown signings arrived from the lower English leagues, and as we watched them huff and puff and struggle past lower league opponents in the league cup, and now, 3 games into the league campaign, we are witnessing dire football, an inept midfield with players being played out of position, and a powder-puff defence that simply can't defend or keep a clean sheet. Ordinary sides, with a fraction of our budget, like St. Johnstone, are outplaying us.

Sorry, but we've seen all this before.
    I think our club should cut its losses by getting shot of a manager who quite simply is out of his depth and does not understand our club, and give ourselves a chance to rescue the season whilst it is still early.
    An ordinary club in St Johnstone outplayed us. We’ve not been outplayed by any other “ordinary” teams off the top of my head and if we have it’s not a regular occurrence. His record against those teams is outstanding.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Heckxit.

Made me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    An ordinary club in St Johnstone outplayed us. We’ve not been outplayed by any other “ordinary” teams off the top of my head and if we have it’s not a regular occurrence. His record against those teams is outstanding.
    It is, but that excellent record was mainly earned last season and he could call on good performances from Omeonga and McNulty. It's starting to look like the performance of those players had more to do with our good form than anything Heckingbottom did.

An excellent record against bottom 6 teams is not to be sniffed at. Do we have confidence he can continue his good record though?

A few more bad results and I suspect many will be displaying the same level of vitriol to Heckingbottom as Leeds fans did.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.f...t-15785380.amp

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It is, but that excellent record was mainly earned last season and he could call on good performances from Omeonga and McNulty. It's starting to look like the performance of those players had more to do with our good form than anything Heckingbottom did.

An excellent record against bottom 6 teams is not to be sniffed at. Do we have confidence he can continue his good record though?
    Yup, all fair points. I don’t think it’s fair to suggest we regularly get outplayed by them though. Going forward that may become the case, but it’s not been so far.

He talks a great game. All the players have commented how good his signing presentation was and how wanted it made them feel.
    Various players have also stated that everyone knows exactly what role is expected of them and where they fit into the team.
    But..... The reality is we are an absolute shambles on the park.

Players played out of position, no discernable tactics or teamshape. Leaderless, rudderless and appearing to lack fitness or motivation (Flo excepted, due to the spies in the stand).

He can stick his presentations, dossiers and laptop where the sun don't shine.

He's Ian Cathro with a different accent and much, much less coaching experience.

Get rid ASAP.

Jim Goodwin took over St Mirren just before playing Hibs
    He signed some of his team a couple of days before the game
    But saints looked more organised & cohesive than we did
    He wasnt 6 months in he was nearer 6 working days in, but a good manager will motivate, organise and give clear direction.
    Now, we won 1-0 with a late goal so that's in ph favour
    But look at saints v rangers (no danger of losing 6 goals) and they beat the Don's.
    Shows the value of organising and clear tactics

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heckingbottom is maybe giving the players too much to deal with. When he first arrived he never shut up about all of the “information” he’d be giving to the players. Maybe they aren’t taking it in.

He is not good for Hibs but we are stuck wi him for now.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Not sure I believe that’s happened. If it has though then what’s the point of having a recruitment team if the work they do is potentially not even being made use of?
    They simply compile a list of players available to the manager for positions he has identified as needing strengthening. The manager has full responsibility of which ones actually get signed.