hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    An improvement in the style of football, beating teams like St Jonhstone at home, quickly putting together a setttled team that looks as if it knows what it is meant to be doing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is nothing he can do.

Today felt like championship under Stubbs. Soft goals and a team that doesn’t seem to believe in itself.

Talent is there, just not performing which comes back to the head coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we can compare them next season

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i told dempster NOT to hire heckingbottom, did she listen ? did she falkirk
    I told her the same, but I also advised against Appleton.

I also advised Rod against McLeish so I don’t blame them for ignoring me.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    So is that a bigger indictment of the players than anyone else, or Lennon or both by that logic?
    Lennon had the team playing scared.

It's an indictment of Lennon.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    But what if the fanbase are wrong? I sit among them week after week and have come to the conclusion that most of them haven't got a clue.
    The customer is always right...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    We believed in ourselves, but we did ship a lot of soft goals under Stubbsy.
    We also played a lot of attractive, attacking football with frustratingly not enough end product. That's the direct opposite of what we are right now - not good to watch but clinical and scoring.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I told her the same, but I also advised against Appleton.

I also advised Rod against McLeish so I don’t blame them for ignoring me.

she blocked me after the first warning so i didn't even get a chance to warn about appleton as well

but i DID want big eck :)

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    A draw at home to a team who have always gave us problems over the years and he’s not coming back from this is madness.

Some folk are going over the top with this result imo, and I’m sure it would be the same if we have had the start Aberdeen have had and Hearts and Killi and St J all traditionally been the better teams last couple of years. It happens, we need to improve I know that as much as the rest of fans but calling for his head after 3 league games is wrong again imo. Some folk have never taken to him and I fear never will and can’t wait to put the boot in and try get him out.
    We didn’t play well for most of the games under Hecky last season as well if we are all being honest. We ground out results when we should have been comfortable based on player comparisons between the teams. Same is continuing, we are having to grind out results every single week.

He had to sort the midfield in the summer and he hasn’t. Players stopped pressing and sat really deep. He was a guy that repeatedly talked about high press. Sorry but some of the criticism is his fault, don’t talk about high press and fitness levels and then have Mallan jogging around in midfield doing nothing every game. Vela at least tackled and got touch tight. Mallan is yards of everyone.

A draw at home to a team who have always gave us problems over the years and he’s not coming back from this is madness.

Some folk are going over the top with this result imo, and I’m sure it would be the same if we have had the start Aberdeen have had and Hearts and Killi and St J all traditionally been the better teams last couple of years. It happens, we need to improve I know that as much as the rest of fans but calling for his head after 3 league games is wrong again imo. Some folk have never taken to him and I fear never will and can’t wait to put the boot in and try get him out.
    Saw you post earlier that your weren’t there today I think? The atmosphere about the place was terrible, no enjoyment about it. We’ve lost a couple of thousand from the gate as well which tells it’s own story, before you even consider what we saw on the pitch.

The crowd have turned on him, in a big way. It’s difficult to see him coming back from that because it’s difficult to see anything improving. It’s been poor, right from the first game of pre season.

1 league win in the last 8 by the way. Hardly any goals.

Not criticising you for it being at the game, if you weren’t, but the general feeling in the ground would add context to my original post.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 24-08-2019 at 05:34 PM.

she blocked me after the first warning so i didn't even get a chance to warn about appleton as well

but i DID want big eck :)
    I wanted Tommy Burns at the time. I might need to have a word with myself at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    The customer is always right...
    "The customer", if we're reducing Hibs' support down to a single hypothetical person, has nearly doubled in size since a certain Scottish Cup triumph. Perhaps those who got back on the bandwagon once we won something are struggling to come to terms with the fact that it's not all roses when it comes to following Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    Today felt like championship under Stubbs.
    I saw absolutely no evidence of us passing a team into submission, having 70% possession and about 35 shots to 2.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    We also played a lot of attractive, attacking football with frustratingly not enough end product. That's the direct opposite of what we are right now - not good to watch but clinical and scoring.
    Totally agree. Played some great stuff under Stubbs in the championship. Scoring at the moment but were suspect defensively and don't control the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I saw absolutely no evidence of us passing a team into submission, having 70% possession and about 35 shots to 2.
    Exactly 👍.the football and the stats where never as bad as today's showing.

i told dempster NOT to hire heckingbottom, did she listen ? did she falkirk
    Could end up as her legacy.

My first game of the season today, very poor performance which reflected poorly on Heckinbottom's ability.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    1. Fast flowing attacking football, with a cutting edge.
    2. Take the fight to the OF
    3. Win far more than we lose using the style outlined in #1
    4. Inspire and connect with the fans in media communications.
    5. Sign the players we actually need.
    6. Sign players with pedigree at playing at an international level that we feel lucky to get.

That would do it for me.
    Not asking for much I see.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Saw you post earlier that your weren’t there today I think? The atmosphere about the place was terrible, no enjoyment about it. We’ve lost a couple of thousand from the gate as well which tells it’s own story, before you even consider what we saw on the pitch.

The crowd have turned on him, in a big way. It’s difficult to see him coming back from that because it’s difficult to see anything improving. It’s been poor, right from the first game of pre season.

1 league win in the last 8 by the way. Hardly any goals.
    No I couldn’t make today but someone kindly sent me the link to hesgoal so watched the second half and felt the atmosphere was strange. Actually hears some encouragement from the crowd even Heckys GAWA so I’m not blaming the crowd for the situation although I didn’t agree with the boooooing when he took SA off and I think it did seem to make us that little bit more edgy and sat a bit deeper. I totally get peoples frustration and I’m feeling it aswell but genuinely feel it’s too early to want to sack him. We end up with someone else who maybe doesn’t rate the players and can’t do anything about it till January realistically, another rebuild. As I say I’m not saying he’s immune to criticism just not the sack at this stage.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post
    Could end up as her legacy.

My first game of the season today, very poor performance which reflected poorly on Heckinbottom's ability.
    You'd need to be a special kind of simplistic, pessimistic moron to define Dempster on one poor appointment (if it proves to be one) in spite of all she's done for Hibs.

Funny when you have a new manager in the previous ones instantly become much better.

Bar 6 months when Allan was on loan, Lennon did not play good football. It was slow and we knocked it about without looking like scoring

i fear no matter what’s Heckingbottom does fans won’t want him, he can’t even make a sub without getting booed. Even though a lot of fans were saying Allan was poor and we were getting over run.

Some are jumping on the guy at every chance to criticise him.

Players need to take responsibility too.

I honestly can't see how he can get people back onside.

He's lost some sections of the support and these numbers are growing by the week.

It's difficult to see any other outcome other than him leaving sooner rather than later.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Funny when you have a new manager in the previous ones instantly become much better.

Bar 6 months when Allan was on loan, Lennon did not play good football. It was slow and we knocked it about without looking like scoring

i fear no matter what’s Heckingbottom does fans won’t want him, he can’t even make a sub without getting booed. Even though a lot of fans were saying Allan was poor and we were getting over run.

I see where you are coming from but I personally want him to leave now but will give him every chance to get it right. I just don’t think he has it. I wanted him to work out, I was excited when he first came in and talked about high press but ultimately fans want to see product on the park and he’s never really managed to get anything consistent on the park and looking at personnel he’ll never be able to get high press. He brought pressure on himself.

No I couldn’t make today but someone kindly sent me the link to hesgoal so watched the second half and felt the atmosphere was strange. Actually hears some encouragement from the crowd even Heckys GAWA so I’m not blaming the crowd for the situation although I didn’t agree with the boooooing when he took SA off and I think it did seem to make us that little bit more edgy and sat a bit deeper. I totally get peoples frustration and I’m feeling it aswell but genuinely feel it’s too early to want to sack him. We end up with someone else who maybe doesn’t rate the players and can’t do anything about it till January realistically, another rebuild. As I say I’m not saying he’s immune to criticism just not the sack at this stage.
    Just amended my last post. Not having a go at you for it being there. But knowing what the general feeling was in the ground is why I think he’s done. The negative reaction he got was when we were 1 up.

"The customer", if we're reducing Hibs' support down to a single hypothetical person, has nearly doubled in size since a certain Scottish Cup triumph. Perhaps those who got back on the bandwagon once we won something are struggling to come to terms with the fact that it's not all roses when it comes to following Hibs.
    The people who jumped on the bandwagon are exactly the people we need to keep otherwise we’re back down to a 7000 core and struggling again. Unfortunately this managers signings, style of play and tactics have us on a course directly heading towards the dark days again. We need to act before we bottom out again. IMHO, he won’t get the fans back on side.

But what if the fanbase are wrong? I sit among them week after week and have come to the conclusion that most of them haven't got a clue.
    Pas de scooby.

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Not asking for much I see.
    Do you see anything unreasonable in there?

After the Rangers game I said he had to win the next 2 and if he could do it convincingly with a bit swagger then all the better. He has failed to do that.

If he wants the fans on side he needs to get back to winning games. Our league form is won 1, lost 1 and drew 1. With the fixtures we have had it should be better than that. Beyond winning we need to start seeing signs we are gelling, moving forward and improving. There has been scant evidence of that all season, if anything we are regressing in terms of performance levels.

Fans are fickle. If we take 7 points from our next 3 games, and 3 of those come against Hearts, then people will be lining up to crow about how they aren't 'bedwetters' and they always believed in Hecky.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

to get those who want him out back on side.

An improvement in the style of football?
    A derby win?
    A couple of exciting signings?
    Beating Killie to get to Hampden?

Or is the situation completely unsalvageable in the eyes of some?
    All 4 is a must for me.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    to get those who want him out back on side.

An improvement in the style of football?
    A derby win?
    A couple of exciting signings?
    Beating Killie to get to Hampden?

Or is the situation completely unsalvageable in the eyes of some?

I want to see some connection between what he says and what we do. I get that he is trying to implement a new system and that takes a lot of work, but he has been backed this summer to sign the type of players he wants and get rid of those he doesn’t.

And he needs to get results in the meantime. He’s thrown two points away today.

The people who jumped on the bandwagon are exactly the people we need to keep otherwise we’re back down to a 7000 core and struggling again. Unfortunately this managers signings, style of play and tactics have us on a course directly heading towards the dark days again. We need to act before we bottom out again. IMHO, he won’t get the fans back on side.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Statistics never lie? At home against relegation favourites St Johnstone and they have the better of the stats. I do hope this is a one-off but I doubt it.