hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

What would Heckingbottom need to do...

to get those who want him out back on side.

An improvement in the style of football?
    A derby win?
    A couple of exciting signings?
    Beating Killie to get to Hampden?

Or is the situation completely unsalvageable in the eyes of some?

The honourable thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The honourable thing.
    Assuming that means a resignation, why?

He's got credit in the bank from his work between February and April, which turned a potentially disastrous season into a decent one.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post

He's got credit in the bank from his work between February and April, which turned a potentially disastrous season into a decent one.
    He's lost the fan base, as Pretty Boy said elsewhere, very rarely does a manager come back from that.

He's lost the fan base, as Pretty Boy said elsewhere, very rarely does a manager come back from that.
    But what if the fanbase are wrong? I sit among them week after week and have come to the conclusion that most of them haven't got a clue.

But what if the fanbase are wrong? I sit among them week after week and have come to the conclusion that most of them haven't got a clue.
    You asked, I answered. What about other folks responses?

The customer is always right...

Pas de scooby.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    But you do (have a clue) and you think you are correct.

Fitba eh, opinions......

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    100% this.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

The style of football is abysmal. We look unfit. We dont win enough 2nd balls in midfield. The defence is a disorganised shambles.

Improve sharpish or change it. Dont let another season fritter away into midtable pish

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar

How long does he live off a half-dozen games against mostly bottom 6 opposition for?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

The players turned it around themselves after they were released from Lennon's oppressive management "style".

Heckingbottom more or less admitted that when he told us that he just played who was available. Hanlon and McGregor weren't even training.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    The players turned it around themselves after they were released from Lennon's oppressive management "style".

Heckingbottom more or less admitted that when he told us that he just played who was available. Hanlon and McGregor weren't even training.
    So is that a bigger indictment of the players than anyone else, or Lennon or both by that logic?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    So is that a bigger indictment of the players than anyone else, or Lennon or both by that logic?
    Lennon had the team playing scared.

It's an indictment of Lennon.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

How much of the improvement do you think was down to having Marc McNulty upfront?

He lost me after the 6-1 defeat to the huns. It wasn't just the result but the performance was really poor too. The man talks the talk but it's results that count and we've shipped 11 goals in our last three games. He's apparently been well backed by the board so I think they'll give him until the end of the season.

if he had tried being honest with the support instead of feeding them bull5hit about a high pressing game and increased fitness levels.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    The honourable thing.
    This for me. His signings are poor, his football style poor and his playing our best player out of position is a joke. Oh and take that big huddy Doidge with you when you go.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Resign. Sad to say but he just doesn’t seem like he has it. Seems a nice guy but he keeps asking “do you know what I mean” in interviews and I honestly get the impression he talks a good game but is incapable of doing it. Also get the feeling he is more like a coach and a friend of the players. He doesn’t inspire the fans and, going by these performances, I don’t think he inspires the players.

1. Fast flowing attacking football, with a cutting edge.
    2. Take the fight to the OF
    3. Win far more than we lose using the style outlined in #1
    4. Inspire and connect with the fans in media communications.
    5. Sign the players we actually need.
    6. Sign players with pedigree at playing at an international level that we feel lucky to get.

That would do it for me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    6. Sign players with pedigree at playing at an international level that we feel lucky to get.

That would do it for me.
    Not asking for much I see.

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Not asking for much I see.
    Do you see anything unreasonable in there?

That would do it for me.
    Your No. 2 - McInnes interviewed after their 0-0 today said they have tried over 7 years to instill in Aberdeen 'the Old Firm mentality' - they go into every game expecting to win it. How very far we are away from that tonight.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19

That would do it for me.
    Number 6 is easier said than done, see Harry and Nelon last season. Couldn’t care if they are internationals or not, as long as they make the team better.

Agree with the rest.

Win games against decent sides. Be a bit more positive.

It’s really, really boring.

He’s not coming back from this.

After the game today on the way home, my daughter said she couldn't remember the last time she had come away from ER buzzing after a great entertaining win or game. Hecky has to start entertaining us or he'll be out the door pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Win games against decent sides. Be a bit more positive.

It’s really, really boring.

He’s not coming back from this.
    A draw at home to a team who have always gave us problems over the years and he’s not coming back from this is madness.

Some folk are going over the top with this result imo, and I’m sure it would be the same if we have had the start Aberdeen have had and Hearts and Killi and St J all traditionally been the better teams last couple of years. It happens, we need to improve I know that as much as the rest of fans but calling for his head after 3 league games is wrong again imo. Some folk have never taken to him and I fear never will and can’t wait to put the boot in and try get him out.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    A draw at home to a team who have always gave us problems over the years and he’s not coming back from this is madness.

Some folk are going over the top with this result imo, and I’m sure it would be the same if we have had the start Aberdeen have had and Hearts and Killi and St J all traditionally been the better teams last couple of years. It happens, we need to improve I know that as much as the rest of fans but calling for his head after 3 league games is wrong again imo. Some folk have never taken to him and I fear never will and can’t wait to put the boot in and try get him out.
    We didn’t play well for most of the games under Hecky last season as well if we are all being honest. We ground out results when we should have been comfortable based on player comparisons between the teams. Same is continuing, we are having to grind out results every single week.

He had to sort the midfield in the summer and he hasn’t. Players stopped pressing and sat really deep. He was a guy that repeatedly talked about high press. Sorry but some of the criticism is his fault, don’t talk about high press and fitness levels and then have Mallan jogging around in midfield doing nothing every game. Vela at least tackled and got touch tight. Mallan is yards of everyone.

Saw you post earlier that your weren’t there today I think? The atmosphere about the place was terrible, no enjoyment about it. We’ve lost a couple of thousand from the gate as well which tells it’s own story, before you even consider what we saw on the pitch.

The crowd have turned on him, in a big way. It’s difficult to see him coming back from that because it’s difficult to see anything improving. It’s been poor, right from the first game of pre season.

1 league win in the last 8 by the way. Hardly any goals.

Not criticising you for it being at the game, if you weren’t, but the general feeling in the ground would add context to my original post.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 24-08-2019 at 05:34 PM.