hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Minority or majority as certainly not all?
    Maybe not all but certainly he can’t continue, grew up watching hibs under Lexo thinking surely this year he goes but he stuck around and we were poor for the majority of his tenure. Are we as a club confident in Heckingbottom? Writing is on the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Heckys Wheel View Post
    This “fraud” patter is absolutely rotten. See it all over twitter as well.
    It's the calling card of people who don't have anything intelligent to offer to the debate.

If you think Heckingbottom's a bad manager and should go, you've got to have more to back that up with than "he's a fraud".

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    It's the calling card of people who don't have anything intelligent to offer to the debate.

If you think Heckingbottom's a bad manager and should go, you've got to have more to back that up with than "he's a fraud".

How did you feel about my response to your question?

He signed a 3 and a half year deal when he was appointed, he won’t be going anywhere.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Hee neds to improve the defending as a team, be more tactically astute and improve the style of play. There is a lot wrong just now.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    IMG_20190824_212620.jpg
    Heckingbottom: "You fans don't know what you want! That's why you're still fans - 'cause you're stupid!" https://t.co/eQVViHr8i7

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    He signed a 3 and a half year deal when he was appointed, he won’t be going anywhere.
    A lot of supporters will though

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    But surely his severance package was negotiated before he was appointed. Wasn't that where the appleton deal broke down. Can the club afford to sack him? Can the club afford not to sack him??

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

because that's how it works in football of course

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Heck just needs to find a formula that works in midfield. The defense are being over run and the ball is coming into and around the box far too often. We have far too many passengers in midfield and I just can't see where Scottie fits in if we stick with Mallan.Heck has to take some of the blame for players performances and the balance in midfield. Allan today may have been playing out of position but he was atrocious. Horgan looked like he had his laces tied together and Mallan is never a DM and looks so much better when he is higher up the park.

I am fairly neutral on Heck. I like what he says but there hasn't been enough evidence of his said plan on the park. His signings haven't been great, so far, but I don't think, on the whole, they are disastrous. Doidge has started slowly but there were decent signs today, Jackson looks OK, James looks decent and Newell hasn't been great but not played a huge amount and look at Horgan today if you want to see how poor wingers can be. Vela looks like he might do a job but is lacking fitness, we knew that. We also have SDG and Lewis far from fully match fit which was a big part of the problems today as the wingers were winning most of their 1 on 1s and there were far too many 1 on 1s as the midfield were not stopping the passes or even slowing them down. Our biggest problem is we lack legs in midfield just as we did when Heck took over. One the players brought in to remedy this has played a handful of games and the other just arrived and contributed 1 half time draw so far. He has only had a single window to deal with this issue. Rome wasn't built in a day.

The players played very poorly barring an odd few today. I don't think the shape helped and there did seem to be a lack of energy. Was it the shape, is it the motivation from the manager or just a bad day at the office for too many players, I suspect a mixture of all three with a dash of a Saints team who have a great record at ER recently. It's all too early to be sure for me but given the venom shown by some I doubt I'll have the chance to make my mind up before Heck is chased. That will of course cost a fortune and may be the start of years of issues.

Heck has found himself with a squad that was very unbalanced, lacking pace and motivation and had legends starting to feel the years in their legs. He has had one window and it isn't clicking just now. Saying that we got a point today at home to St Johnstone who scored very late to earn their point. On their last two visits with Lennon in charge they scored very late on both occasions for all three points. It is an improvement in result but the performance was poor. I don't think I would blame the manager for the subs but he has to take his share of the blame for St Js looking the better team at ER given the respective budgets.

I hope he goes on to be a successful manager but Hibs fans turn on managers very quickly and it usually comes down to style of football more than results, the two tend to go hand in hand though. As a support it does feel we are hoping the team fails so Heck gets emptied. That is not a support to me and the treatment Heck has received is ridiculous. Careful what you wish for as the last time the support behaved like this when a manager was playing workmanlike football but safely in the middle of the league we got Butcher. I fear the similar will happen again.
    Excellent post. I hope the Board are thinking this way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    1. Fast flowing attacking football, with a cutting edge.
    2. Take the fight to the OF
    3. Win far more than we lose using the style outlined in #1
    4. Inspire and connect with the fans in media communications.
    5. Sign the players we actually need.
    6. Sign players with pedigree at playing at an international level that we feel lucky to get.

That would do it for me.
    Your No. 2 - McInnes interviewed after their 0-0 today said they have tried over 7 years to instill in Aberdeen 'the Old Firm mentality' - they go into every game expecting to win it. How very far we are away from that tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    There is nothing he can do.

Today felt like championship under Stubbs. Soft goals and a team that doesn’t seem to believe in itself.

Talent is there, just not performing which comes back to the head coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Except when Stubbs said 'we go again' I believed him

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    We're you at the game today mate? If you were you would have witnessed most of the stadium in uproar at the Manager's subs. The fans will dictate how long he is here particularly if the crowds continue to dwindle.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    1. Fast flowing attacking football, with a cutting edge.
    2. Take the fight to the OF
    3. Win far more than we lose using the style outlined in #1
    4. Inspire and connect with the fans in media communications.
    5. Sign the players we actually need.
    6. Sign players with pedigree at playing at an international level that we feel lucky to get.

That would do it for me.
    Number 6 is easier said than done, see Harry and Nelon last season. Couldn’t care if they are internationals or not, as long as they make the team better.

Agree with the rest.