hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Stevie Mallan

Stevie Mallan

I'm sorry but I'm struggling to see what he brings to the table now his free kicks have disappeared. Doesnt tackle nor track runners, passes back the way and sideways 90% of time and blames everyone else in team for his mistakes. No idea why he wasnt subbed before Allan today. Now the shooting has deserted him ge contributes nothing

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member KinchHibee's Avatar
    Stuck the ball on Jackson's head for the opener but I agree that he should have been subbed instead

He’s useless. Playing with a man down.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry but I'm struggling to see what he brings to the table now his free kicks have disappeared. Doesnt tackle nor track runners, passes back the way and sideways 90% of time and blames everyone else in team for his mistakes. No idea why he wasnt subbed before Allan today. Now the shooting has deserted him ge contributes nothing

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Agreed said same at game. 3/4 moves before SJ first goal we are in possession and he passes back again forcing defender to punt up the park possession lost.....

His inability to put a challenge in is embarrassing.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He’s **** scared to put a tackle in

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Mallan and Allan can't play together. One day the manager will get it.

Don't rate him at all. Powderpuff.

Is the competition a hide and seek one? Time for him to be dropped

I liked him but after today I’d drop him for Slivka, probably drop Vela too tbh.

I'm sick of watching him walk into the starting 11 every week. He's absolutely murder and I honestly don't see what anyone sees in him as a football player.

Every Hibs fan I know and speak to in and out of the ground thinks he's guff yet he plays central in one of the most important spots in the team, it's getting really old now.

When he isn't scoring he offers absolutely nothing. His free kick today from a great position at 1-0 was horrendous. Poor player..

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i've always defended mallan, i just couldn't today

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i've always defended mallan, i just couldn't today
    But D. If the manager drops him next week, the fans will ask if he knows what hes doing ??.
    B

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    But D. If the manager drops him next week, the fans will ask if he knows what hes doing ??.
    B

the manager himself might be dropped by next week B

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    He’s **** scared to put a tackle in
    He couldn't tackle a fish supper. Mallan is a "luxury" Hibs can't afford. He offered very little once again today.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Wonder what Mallan’s stats from a sport science perspective are...

Number of sprints, number of tackles, number of meaningful passes must be so low.

We could all be wrong but I doubt it, Mallan just isn’t very good. He finds time to point to his teammates though which reminds me of Liam Craig. A player that is having an awful game and spends most of it telling where his teammates should be even though he can’t mark and can’t tackle himself.

If there's a competition with the current incarnation of Stevie Mallan as a prize I'd rather not win if it's all the same to you.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Wonder what Mallan’s stats from a sport science perspective are...

Number of sprints, number of tackles, number of meaningful passes must be so low.

We could all be wrong but I doubt it, Mallan just isn’t very good. He finds time to point to his teammates though which reminds me of Liam Craig. A player that is having an awful game and spends most of it telling where his teammates should be even though he can’t mark and can’t tackle himself.
    Liam Craig's pass for St J's first equaliser.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Liam Craig's pass for St J's first equaliser.
    You are quite right, based on today’s match I almost felt bad using Liam Craig as an example of how poor Mallan is. All I remember of Liam Craig at Hibs is his rants at refs and pointing to his teammates even though he was having rubbish games most weeks. Mallan is same for me but on today’s showing is worse than Liam Craig. Mallan doesn’t even get close enough to tackle, that is worrying.

@hibs.net private member
    If Mallan is the winning prize of the “competition” then count me out

over rated player

Mallan has become invisible and is a luxury we can do without...far too often he provides nothing at all in the engine room.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    You are quite right, based on today’s match I almost felt bad using Liam Craig as an example of how poor Mallan is. All I remember of Liam Craig at Hibs is his rants at refs and pointing to his teammates even though he was having rubbish games most weeks. Mallan is same for me but on today’s showing is worse than Liam Craig. Mallan doesn’t even get close enough to tackle, that is worrying.
    Yep, Liam Craig is/was no John McGinn, but I'd suggest that despite his faults or shortcomings he is better than some of those in Hibs first team squad at the present time.

Mallan hasn’t scored a free kick since about October/November last year.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Mallan has to play number 10 if he's going to play at all. Don't think he's first XI at the moment though. If Allan starts running out of energy after the hour, then Mallan has a role.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Mallan hasn’t scored a free kick since about October/November last year.
    Can anybody tell us when he did actually score his last free kick. Was there one after the Killie game?

Mallan is just not a very good footballer. Total waste of a Jersey. Watched him closely today for a 10-15 min spell. Done literally heehaw.

Put it this way - if he was to leave Hibs today what other team in the country would take him and start him?

You can say with absolute certainty that he wouldn't start for Aberdeen, Hearts or even Killie. So why do we persist?

Powderpuff.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    You could have taken him off the pitch today and noticed no difference. Same as at Ibrox, same as in loads of other games.

I thought he’d finally grown into life at Hibs last season but more and more is becoming clear that he’s just not very good.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net