hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 425
  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said ďthe fans didnít helpĒ I didnít blame the fans or excuse the performance you ****ing maniac
    Whatever Happy Clapper you are top man!!!


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #302
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,849
    The booing was merited and deserved - the players lacked desire and passion. Don't give 100% you'll receive what you deserve and the support were/are well within their rights to boo. The football is eye bleeding this season. It's like a Fenlon era again.

  4. #303
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's been a fair bit of that since yesterday.

    If you have an opinion, or want to make an unfounded accusation, at least stand your ground and argue your point.
    Spot on.
    Section 43 - Nulli Secundus
    www.sect43.co.uk
    Donate via PayPal: section43hibs@hotmail.co.uk
    Keep The Faith

  5. #304
    I didnít go to the game. After 20 odd years of being a season ticket holder I had enough. I donít identify with this team of *****y English lower league players. I find them arrogant. I think the manager is the same. Fair play to those who go and vented their frustrations. They are more patient than me. They have the absolute right to boo. Itís the happy clappers that tolerate crap like butcher and Duffy and cause us to suffer

  6. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So youíre throwing a grenade and then running away like a coward?
    Granades? Coward? Are you for real?

  7. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's been a fair bit of that since yesterday.

    If you have an opinion, or want to make an unfounded accusation, at least stand your ground and argue your point.
    Think you need to get down off your high horse pal. Absolutely nothing to do with you what a poster choses to do. My point was clearly made. Why do i need to stand and argue it?

  8. #307
    Funny how people are aggressively debating the boos...

    Well paid footballers get protected because fans will have their back (because they are supporters). Whether rightly or wrongly the very same fans on here and elsewhere are willing to dish it out to fellow fans when they find a fellow fans opinion a lot of drivel. Same is true the other way.

    Not taking sides, just find it hilarious that fans asking players and management for an apology after Rangers result were told to grow up and not expect everything to go their way in life, same fans seemingly continually protect grown men who are invariably not doing their jobs...I just donít see where the tipping point is. We donít have control on anything at the club so do we boo or do we stop turning up? We need some way of showing our displeasure. Do we wait for another relegation? Our standard of football is appalling, no way around that. It stinks.

    It is a sport but at the core of it, it is still a job. Performances this season show players arenít, willingly or otherwise, doing their jobs. Why should referees have to handle boos but football players paid much more shouldnít?

    All I hear this season is excuses. Hated Lennonís management at times but I expect weíre mentally weak and walk overs now, it shows on the park.

    Fans need to be mentally stronger so that players donít get anxious, ok then...

    Think we should stop the infighting and just agree we are just a bit garbage at the moment. Unite on that common ground.

  9. #308
    @hibs.net private member flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    sunny leith
    Age
    52
    Posts
    7,201
    Quote Originally Posted by sixtwo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didnít go to the game. After 20 odd years of being a season ticket holder I had enough. I donít identify with this team of *****y English lower league players. I find them arrogant. I think the manager is the same. Fair play to those who go and vented their frustrations. They are more patient than me. They have the absolute right to boo. Itís the happy clappers that tolerate crap like butcher and Duffy and cause us to suffer
    Its nothing like Butcher or Duffy.

  10. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of the most toxic atmospheres i can remember at Easter Road. Even worse than the dark days of Lennon. The players confidence looks shot with all the booing. Really really sad. Im sure a bit of real support would have got us over the line today. I'm off this for a while before the inevitable abuse us directed my way.
    Is that you Paul? Aye thats right create a thread to criticise the support and then say your going off it!

  11. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny how people are aggressively debating the boos...

    Well paid footballers get protected because fans will have their back (because they are supporters). Whether rightly or wrongly the very same fans on here and elsewhere are willing to dish it out to fellow fans when they find a fellow fans opinion a lot of drivel. Same is true the other way.

    Not taking sides, just find it hilarious that fans asking players and management for an apology after Rangers result were told to grow up and not expect everything to go their way in life, same fans seemingly continually protect grown men who are invariably not doing their jobs...I just donít see where the tipping point is. We donít have control on anything at the club so do we boo or do we stop turning up? We need some way of showing our displeasure. Do we wait for another relegation? Our standard of football is appalling, no way around that. It stinks.

    It is a sport but at the core of it, it is still a job. Performances this season show players arenít, willingly or otherwise, doing their jobs. Why should referees have to handle boos but football players paid much more shouldnít?

    All I hear this season is excuses. Hated Lennonís management at times but I expect weíre mentally weak and walk overs now, it shows on the park.

    Fans need to be mentally stronger so that players donít get anxious, ok then...

    Think we should stop the infighting and just agree we are just a bit garbage at the moment. Unite on that common ground.
    Hear hear!

  12. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its nothing like Butcher or Duffy.
    In your opinion darling.

  13. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree - it stemmed from a player who was garbage all game and offered no defensive cover, during a period we were getting over run

    Good player Allan is, hes not bullet proof - changes were designed to take back some grip in midfield

    I posted in match thread that the balance is wrong in midfield - I actually think our biggest problem is Vela not being up to speed and totally knackered by 60 odd minutes, allied to the folk alongside him being inept defensively

    Anyway - Heckinbottom will likely be gone in a few months....even if he turns things round there will always be a decent section of the support waiting to wail at the first sign of trouble
    Totally agree that Allan isn't and shouldn't be irreplaceable.

    But the bit in bold kind of brings home where a lot of the frustration comes from.
    We were getting over run because the formation was appalling and had no functioning midfield.

    While I want all our players to offer defensive options when we need it I feel we need to set up in a way that makes it less criticial that the attacking players defend.
    It's unfortunately massively critical because we're opening the game with 5 attacking players so we were always going to be under the cosh.

  14. #313
    Can't quite believe comparisons with previous managers at present, really think a little perspective is needed.
    Firstly there is no doubt that we are going through a tough spell and normally that's where the support is so important, the twelve man!
    So lets look at the facts. The manager has lost 20 percent, won 50 percent and drawn 30 percent of games played which is at petty good record.
    Last season he was seen as being fairly astute in a number of games and at the start of the season there was no negatively on here and people were fairly optimistic.
    Start judging the players brought in and the team around christmas and give the players support, it may just make a difference and help them settle in.

  15. #314
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    60
    Posts
    18,884
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think you need to get down off your high horse pal. Absolutely nothing to do with you what a poster choses to do. My point was clearly made. Why do i need to stand and argue it?

    It's called trolling, make a statement or start a thread and sit back to watch the carnage unfold, if you had a point, then stay around and argue that point, otherwise you're just trolling.

  16. #315
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    33,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of the most toxic atmospheres i can remember at Easter Road. Even worse than the dark days of Lennon. The players confidence looks shot with all the booing. Really really sad. Im sure a bit of real support would have got us over the line today. I'm off this for a while before the inevitable abuse us directed my way.


    lol, jeezo your going wayyyyyyyy back eh, or do you prefer just to stick with lennon as per



    :)
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 25-08-2019 at 03:00 PM.

  17. #316
    Took some time to reflect on this post ďembarrassing ďsupportĒ todayĒ and give myself a cool head after the anger I left Easter Road with yesterday.

    I donít think the support were embarrassing at all. I agree most times that a huge section of fans are sheep at times and will echo what theyíre hearing next to them. However, the boos imo were warranted- whether they were booing at the subs or booing at that lack of passion and drive on the park. Fans spend a hell of a lot of money at Easter Road. But itís not just the money. Itís the lifetime hours and commitment you put in to it. That for me equals your right to express yourself in any non violent/aggressive way you choose how. PH has come out and said itís mentally affecting the players and Stevenson said similar previously, Iím all for backing the team. In return I want passion and commitment and energy on the pitch and thatís not their right now.

    The problem we have, again just imo, is that we already had an ageing defence and nobody supporting them. With a bare squad. We have brought players in but I realistically donít see them all being here playing regularly in the next 3-4 years and thatís an issue. That also goes with PH, his tactics have been very questionable and his interviews constantly backtracking what he originally said. I donít want to see RG being gun-hoe and replacing manager after manager, but I also donít see PH being the man to take us forward and thatís where we should be looking to go forward. Not accepting mid table finishes. I want Europe and we should have the facilities and budget to push for Europe.

    Unfortunately the atmosphere is as stale and hard as my steak pie I got yesterday

  18. #317
    First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Mains
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand why people are frustrated.

    We were winning, they booed the sub, we drew. How exactly did booing help?
    So was it the booing that made us draw or was it the sub?

  19. #318
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    33,404
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875-Hibernia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Unfortunately the atmosphere is as stale and hard as my steak pie I got yesterday


    treat yourself to a greggs in future, your wallet and stomach will appreciate it the more folk that stop buying the crap at ER the better chance something will be done about it

  20. #319
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    treat yourself to a greggs in future, your wallet and stomach will appreciate it the more folk that stop buying the crap at ER the better chance something will be done about it
    You have my full backing for this. £10 for three waters and a pie is scandalous. Cheek not to give me plastic water bottle, in case of recklessness. I couldíve seriously hurt someone with the brick hard pie!

  21. #320
    Heckingbottom got his team selection and set up wrong yesterday...and he reaped the approbation of the crowd as a result. He seems prone to changing his team every week rather than play a settled one and it is hurting us.

    He should concentrate players in their natural positions.

    Flo up front with big Doige demands Allan in CM not out right.

    Dont juggle your keepers. Rocky is the better of the two but his distribution is poorer but by swapping them each week the back 4 havent a clue where to expect the ball.

    Everyone can see Mallan is struggling but one week hes not stripped and the next it doesnt matter how out of his depth he gets to plays the whole game.

    Slivka brings more to the midfield when he backs up Allan.

    One week you discover banging long diagonals to Middleton works, the next week you have him trying to be defensive getting in Stevensons road.

    Whittaker, for all his detractors, is offering more defensively than any of our other wing backs on either side. He needs to be playing not on the bench.

    Neither SDG or Lewey are fully fit and a yard off the pace. Until they are up to speed play the fit players.

    Lets hope the Big Neep can inject some dynamism and the team kicks on but the manager needs to address his uncertainty and timidness as its being transmitted to the players and affecting performances.

  22. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day In Time View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs fans booing their own team?

    Not Hibs fans in my book. Bloody disappointing performance and result but if weíd held on for 3 points, all would be fine.

    Canít be arsed with all these so called fans who behave like spoiled brats when things donít go their way
    A win would have just papered over the cracks yesterday mate...we were abysmal for 3 quarters of that match...imo we didn't even deserve a point.

    We certainly did not deserve to win the match. I've been in the give Hecky more time camp till now but I'm starting to run out of support for him as the weeks go by...that's 3 weeks running where weve been pretty abject

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  23. #322
    First Team Regular Johnny Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh/London
    Posts
    987
    I suppose those who felt the need to boo were getting their message across to Hecky (and the board) rather than thinking it would do our players any good. Canít imagine any team would play better getting pelters from the stands so I just hope this doesnít become a trend.

  24. #323
    Testimonial Due ahibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    4,261
    [QUOTE=Borderhibbie76;5904799]A win would have just papered over the cracks yesterday mate...we were abysmal for 3 quarters of that match...imo we didn't even deserve a point.

    We certainly did not deserve to win the match. I've been in the give Hecky more time camp till now but I'm starting to run out of support for him as

    The majority of us have been saying something is wrong either with personnel we have or our tactics. We have been prepared to watch and wait and 4 games in we are vindicated. However things could still turn around. We should not boo during a match as i believe it undermines our team. Especially booing substitutions is not on. That assumes that ee know more about game management and player conditions than staff. We do not. Please write to the club to make your views clear. Booing a team or even part of it is wrong when we are there to give them our support.

  25. #324
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,657

    How many for Fir Park this Saturday?

    I reckon weíll see a pretty decent travelling support on Saturday. Often in times of struggles we see a rallying of the fans to help dig us out. Once folk start to cool down after yesterdayís late capitulation the attention will shift to Motherwell and enthusiasm and anticipation starts to rise and dare I say it, even look forward to the short trip to North Lanarkshire. I think weíll see between 2 & 2,500 heading through.

  26. #325
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granades? Coward? Are you for real?
    How else would you describe this?
    Section 43 - Nulli Secundus
    www.sect43.co.uk
    Donate via PayPal: section43hibs@hotmail.co.uk
    Keep The Faith

  27. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I reckon weíll see a pretty decent travelling support on Saturday. Often in times of struggles we see a rallying of the fans to help dig us out. Once folk start to cool down after yesterdayís late capitulation the attention will shift to Motherwell and enthusiasm and anticipation starts to rise and dare I say it, even look forward to the short trip to North Lanarkshire. I think weíll see between 2 & 2,500 heading through.
    I like the sentiment but yesterday was not a late capitulation, it was just capitulation. Fans calming down doesnít make the players play better.

    Fans calming down and Heckyís comments still annoy me. Reason being, imagine the reaction Real Madrid and Barcelona would get if they played shocking football every week? Fans would boo, fans would be outraged. Well beyond what happened at ER. Iím sure fans were told to calm down during Fenlon, Butcher, Calderwood, etc.

    I hope whoever does travel next week gets their moneyís worth because itís not looking great. Next 3 games will see Hecky turn it round or him losing his job. We are losing home attendances rapidly so I doubt away support will strengthen. Heckyís losing the fans.

  28. #327
    The only individual indulging in "embarrassing" behaviour is Heckingbottom himself with his cryptic, non-committal comments including such pearls as: "we're a work in progress and will be for a while"...to "anxiety from the stands" or "there'll be a lot of draws" (I bet the Board love him for that one) and the one that takes the cake, "players are nervous at playing at a busy Easter Road".

    Not one of his signings has improved the team. I thought Jackson got pass marks for his goal yesterday, and the blocks he got in, but he's a stopper, nothing more and cuter forwards in this league will make a mess of him and that hesitant defence that ships goals for free.

    We've been in this movie before, and Leanne risks undoing all the sterling work she's done in the last 5 years if this schism between the fans and the club gets any bigger. Time for her to chap Commissioner Gordon's door I think, and get this guy on his bike, because he doesn't want to be here and he's not doing himself or us any favours by hanging about either.

  29. #328
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granades? Coward? Are you for real?
    How else would you describe this?
    Section 43 - Nulli Secundus
    www.sect43.co.uk
    Donate via PayPal: section43hibs@hotmail.co.uk
    Keep The Faith

  30. #329
    All these posts having a go at the fans that booed a ***** performance - booing that only started at the baffling Allan substitution....

    Yet none of these posters are asking why the previous 60 minutes - a whole hour of the game, where the fans had been right behind the team - were so abject and miserable.

    Fans boo=their fault the team are ****
    Fans cheer-the team are ****.... Hey ho nobody to blame!

    Brutal patter that.
    Can't have it both ways.

  31. #330
    I keep reading about all the booing yesterday. Can anyone confirm whether anyone took it a step too far and hissed as well?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved