hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again, it's nothing to do with 'having something about them' or not. EVERYONE performs worse under critical negative environments. Its a fact.
    I agree but the performance didn’t have a noticeable decline after the boos, I think the players were garbage from the first whistle. Fans weren’t anxious from the start. The players struggling to play football caused fans to become extremely anxious because we’ve just paid out on STs and this looks like it’s going to be a long painful season. I say again, I’d prefer to have lost today if our performance was good. However, instead we got outplayed by St Johnstone and tbh were the fortunate team to get a draw. Jackson made two excellent blocks that were goal bound and Marciano could have seen red. St Johnstone had more chances, they also had better chances.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I would quite frankly be more concerned about the setup and performance this will be the major and always will be in how many points we get in a match.

OK so let's all agree tell everyone next match no matter there is a no booing policy. Watch us skelp opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/spor...-rule-16812307

When the manager turns on the fans he really is backing himself in to a corner. He should have stuck to the facts Allan was one of ten he could have subbed as everyone was average of poor except Flo.
    Sadly for him hes now on borrowed time...hes probably realistically got till the derby in Sept at home...if results and performances dont pick up by then (and I've now got no confidence to believe they will) I reckon hes a goner by the end of Sept. When a manager loses the fans this early in a season...rightly or wrongly it will only ever end one way. 2k missing today off our average attendance the last 2 seasons and its gonna get worse under Hecky

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Heckingbottom said it was the anxiousness, eminating from the stands. He is blaming the fans, he is out of his depth
    What was the question he was answering?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I don't think it is a FACT, as everyone reacts to things differently so don't see how it's a FACT at all.
    It doesnt matter if you think it's a fact or not. It doesn't change the fact that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Psychological research would disagree about it not affecting someone’s performance but what do they know?
    More rational than the sub itself. And the position the player subbed was playing in the first place.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It's worrying to have booing at such an early stage; it feels like Hecky is on the verge of losing the support and needs to improve us quickly.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

It was really weird.

I felt the first goal was hardly celebrated.

Then giving Danny swanson a better reception onto the pitch than daryl Horgan?

Also noticed the east was almost empty by the time the equaliser went in.

Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    It's worrying to have booing at such an early stage; it feels like Hecky is on the verge of losing the support and needs to improve us quickly.
    I'd say he has already lost a fairly large percentage.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It doesnt matter if you think it's a fact or not. It doesn't change the fact that it is.
    It doesn't change the fact its not. As stated everyone is different and it's not a fact.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/07/mauricio-pochettino-responds-to-spurs-fans-for-booing-his-decisions-in-psv-win-8112591/?
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 24-08-2019 at 08:29 PM.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    It was really weird.

Not good.
    Can’t blame people. Fans are telling fans to be patient and stop being bedwetters etc. while people can see what is coming. At the same time we have been taken over by an unknown entity and pretty much know nothing about his plans.

Fans are criticising fans for booing as they don’t feel it represents the true sense of a supporter. I don’t think I’m the only one that feels the club treat us more as consumers than supporters at the moment. There was a 4 year spell when it felt rewarding to be a Hibs fan regardless of results. We knew the type of football we were getting and we had players that visibly gave their all and entertained.

We’re all waiting patiently to hear whether Ron is an asset stripper and we’re all waiting to see a team that entertains. After all, we are a football club first and I think we’ve lost our way on that front tbh. Think they have long term plans that rely on fans but they haven’t fully appreciated how fast our attendances will drop if they don’t keep a good team on the park. Picture of Leeann shows a concerned individual tbh.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker2 View Post
    Paul Heckingbottom post-match

“It was disappointing. We were trying to get he boys to relax but the whole stadium was anxious and that spread to the players.....
    “We have got to learn to keep working and dealing with that but there was a real anxiousness that spread from the stands to the players....

From where I was sitting the booing from the fans was aimed at Heckingbottom and definitely not the players. He certainly knew this, as the fans were calling his name. He's trying to deflect the back to the fans. The man has a lot to learn!

Like it or not, PR is part of the manager’s job and Hecky is not doing himself any favours.

Fans are anxious that the new team doesn’t seem to be showing the qualities that Hecky has promised. He doesn’t seem to get that at all.

No need for you to apologise for booing. ER is our theatre and we are allowed to play our part.

Left by mutual consent!
    Discussing the booing detracts from the FACTS, We failed to win because manager and players didn't do well enough, the booing discussion would be better served discussing team selection or performance which are the actual reason we drew.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    What was the question he was answering?
    It was the article by David Hardie in the Evening News
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post

"you can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all of the time".

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Can’t blame people. Fans are telling fans to be patient and stop being bedwetters etc. while people can see what is coming. At the same time we have been taken over by an unknown entity and pretty much know nothing about his plans.

Fans are criticising fans for booing as they don’t feel it represents the true sense of a supporter. I don’t think I’m the only one that feels the club treat us more as consumers than supporters at the moment. There was a 4 year spell when it felt rewarding to be a Hibs fan regardless of results. We knew the type of football we were getting and we had players that visibly gave their all and entertained.

We’re all waiting patiently to hear whether Ron is an asset stripper and we’re all waiting to see a team that entertains. After all, we are a football club first and I think we’ve lost our way on that front tbh. Think they have long term plans that rely on fans but they haven’t fully appreciated how fast our attendances will drop if they don’t keep a good team on the park. Picture of Leeann shows a concerned individual tbh.
    I've not blamed anyone, but I just found it odd. Horgan scored 2 v a team in maroon at Tynecastle, swanson managed it at Preston field.

When was this four year spell???

Hibs fans booing their own team?

Not Hibs fans in my book. Bloody disappointing performance and result but if we’d held on for 3 points, all would be fine.

Can’t be arsed with all these so called fans who behave like spoiled brats when things don’t go their way

Quote Originally Posted by One Day In Time View Post

Not Hibs fans in my book. Bloody disappointing performance and result but if we’d held on for 3 points, all would be fine.

Can’t be arsed with all these so called fans who behave like spoiled brats when things don’t go their way
    All would not have been fine if we'd held out for a win.
    But you crack on with that ***** if you like WUM.

I just seen the interview with heck on hibstv and the tone or words does not have him having a go at the support - there is enough reason for me wanting him to go - his negative football that encourages teams to constantly come on to us mainly but it would not be fair to say he did that in any way IMO (Ok, it could be another interview but some of what is said is v similar to the article). He did stick up for his decision and said they were offside for the last goal. My main problem with him is he lies,he said at the beginning we would be always pressing teams high up the park and that is blatantly not true and if it is rangers or celtic then forget it, they will invariably be given a goal start before we try to go at them.
    Last edited by andybev1; 24-08-2019 at 09:41 PM.

It was really weird.

Not good.
    It’s disgusting. I don’t mind applauding a former player as he goes off. I did when Liam Craig went off. But Swanson’s introduction gave me the boke

He did nothing in his time at the club

Quote Originally Posted by One Day In Time View Post

Never read so much **** on here and that is saying something

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    I've not blamed anyone, but I just found it odd. Horgan scored 2 v a team in maroon at Tynecastle, swanson managed it at Preston field.

When was this four year spell???
    Stubbs and Lennon. For different reasons. While a lot of it was in the Championship, the one common thing throughout these years was a strong understanding of what the club were trying to achieve. Before Leeann joined we were inconsistent, as we are now, but we had lack of trust in Rod and Farmer. Leeann came in and the initial period felt like a healing period, Stubbs added to that as he spoke well and seemed a really likeable guy, we had heroes on the park. We played reasonably good football but lacked cutting edge. We won the cup. Stubbs leaves but we recruit Lennon who was a big name. We get promotion with relative ease and have a great first season back up. We ended up being a bit of an arrogant team, gung-ho sometimes but had things like the 5-5 game vs Rangers to enjoy.

This was a rewarding period, we could see the club trying to right some wrongs. Without saying any words the fans knew what was happening and what the priorities were. That’s gone now, especially with Ron taking over. I don’t have a clue what the club’s ambitions are, what our footballing philosophies are, nothing. It’s like going back to Rod and Farmer. Keep paying to come along, we’ve got big plans (buildings and infrastructure) or executive stuff but we’ll only tell you when it gets to that stage. All the while, please watch a shocking standard of football every week. Budgets haven’t changed...

Our football club has lost its way in my opinion. I think in some regards we’ve forgotten the key thing is to have a successful team now. Not planning for one in 30 years. Need kids growing up supporting Hibs and that won’t happen if nobody is going to the games...Chamber of Commerce and all that. All I’m bothered with is what’s going on at ER, get that right ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    All would not have been fine if we'd held out for a win.
    But you crack on with that ***** if you like WUM.
    WUM? Is that the best you can do when you don’t agree with what someone’s posted? Debate the post but don’t respond like a big bairn. We’d be sitting in third position tonight and that would do me just fine

Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post
    Never read so much **** on here and that is saying something
    Never read such a ****ty response to a post when the whole point of a football forum is to stimulate debate and discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    It’s disgusting. I don’t mind applauding a former player as he goes off. I did when Liam Craig went off. But Swanson’s introduction gave me the boke

He did nothing in his time at the club
    Me too Danny did hee haw for Hibs

Left by mutual consent!
    People do realise the club existed before Stubbs and Lennon? In recent times we've had a superb midfield now we don't and it's affecting both ends. Not saying things are perfect or people shouldn't ask for better but booing the team? Points will determine what happens, giving players/management peters serves no purpose.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heckingbottom can blame the fans all he likes. They weren’t to blame for his team getting utterly dominated by St Johnstone at home for 45 minutes.

I wanted him to be given a chance. I’ve seen all of our league games and we have been ranging from average to atrocious. If he doesn’t pick up results in the next two he’ll be struggling massively.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    It was the article by David Hardie in the Evening News
    I saw it, it doesn’t say what he was asked though - it makes a difference if you know the context of the response.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    The booing was due to the sub being made yes and what a shocking decision it was (well a huge part of our support thought so anyway, myself included).

So the support is now being labelled as not rational or helpful, have you been to many football matches??????
    Some supporters want Scott Allan to play every minute of every game this season. It makes complete sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Heckingbottom can blame the fans all he likes. They weren’t to blame for his team getting utterly dominated by St Johnstone at home for 45 minutes.

I wanted him to be given a chance. I’ve seen all of our league games and we have been ranging from average to atrocious. If he doesn’t pick up results in the next two he’ll be struggling massively.
    Did he blame the fans? The rest...i won't bother with