hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    that would be with 6/10 games against 'top 6' sides

Seeing as we shouldnt have even made it to top 6 last year, I can disregard it
    Do you not think we should be a top 6 side? I think that is the minimum we should expect. Is that what Heckinbottom fans think of Hibs?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Hibs head coach Paul Heckingbottom tells BBC Scotland: "It's a sickener: the nature of it.

"One's the last kick of the game and offside and the other is we've lost a runner and made a mistake. It feels like a defeat.

"The goals we conceded there are tough to take. It's clearly offside.

"We've had four bad decisions in the last six games, three which were chalked off which shouldn't have been, so we're on a bad run at the moment."

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    ‘We didn’t do us jobs, we need to do us defending and get us goals for us’

Etc etc etc
    If you lived where he lived you'd be talking like that as well. Likewise, if he was a bitter old fud he'd be talking like you. No point in drawing attention to mannerisms really is there?

Quote Originally Posted by hibshibshibs1 View Post
    If you lived where he lived you'd be talking like that as well. Likewise, if he was a bitter old fud he'd be talking like you. No point in drawing attention to mannerisms really is there?
    Hopefully he’ll be returned to where he lived before very long.

Hibs head coach Paul Heckingbottom tells BBC Scotland: "It's a sickener: the nature of it.

"One's the last kick of the game and offside and the other is we've lost a runner and made a mistake. It feels like a defeat.

"We've had four bad decisions in the last six games, three which were chalked off which shouldn't have been, so we're on a bad run at the moment."
    He was doing okay until he started on about refereeing decisions and how that’s the reason for us being poor.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    He was doing okay until he started on about refereeing decisions and how that’s the reason for us being poor.
    Makes no sense as the goals chopped off, we still won the games. Just total deflection. No comment on how poor we were overall.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 1875 View Post
    Do you not think we should be a top 6 side? I think that is the minimum we should expect. Is that what Heckinbottom fans think of Hibs?
    Not what I said but we really sneaked into top 6 last year through a pretty amazing turnaround since Heckinbottom came in

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974

Was it offside? Didn't even cross my mind at the time

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Early on in the second half my daughter asked me why we were watching a St Johnstone training session, and it was hard to disagree. Anyone playing SA wide on the right is a muppet, and I fear that is what Hecky is turning into rapidly. His substitutions are baffling and seem to be designed to throw the team under the bus.

If Heck was the best candidate to replace Lennon then it can only reflect badly on what names were on the short list and the ability of LD to identify the best candidate.

It does not help that he has had no budget to bring in his own players but being unable to build a side around SA reflects on his lack of managerial ability.

PERSEVERE may be my word this season.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    I dont think his signings have the mentality to play for Hibs.

I don't think he has a clue about his best XI.

I don't think he's capable of having the players perform the way he wants.

I don't think we should persevere with him. I know it's early on but the positivity is dwindling rapidly.

Lennon had faults, but at least we went out to try and win the game. It's not the case with PH, unfortunately.

St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright thought his side deserved more than just a point at Easter Road.

"I enjoyed the overall performance," he says. "I thought we were the dominant team.

"A point was the least we deserved, in fact, there's no question we should have got all three points.

"Fair play to Hibs, they got goals so deserved to go in front from that point of view, but we should have won the game comfortably. I thought we played some really good football."

I just worry that we've had a great chance to bring back Scott Allan and we look like wasting the opportunity. If we surround him with crap for his time here it will be a criminal waste.

Over from Cyprus for a week so this is the first time I have seen the team this season. Overall impression is disappointing bordering on worrying. The pace resembled walking football. Tbere appeared to be no urgency in the side and only Kamberi gets pass marks. Marciano had a nightmare and was fortunate to stay on the park. Middleton carved out space for himself in the first half and no one moved to give him an option. The defence is a diaster.
    If there is a game plan then it is not obvious. There is a flatness about the team and the ground and it seems that it is not a happy place to be.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Has Heckingbottom done any post-match interviews yet?
    https://youtu.be/8hfPez-J7rI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    I just worry that we've had a great chance to bring back Scott Allan and we look like wasting the opportunity. If we surround him with crap for his time here it will be a criminal waste.
    He has a look at times of what am I doing here?

I also wonder if Hecky would have signed him given the choice?

I might be wrong

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    So what are you seeing that leads you to that view?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Certainly not enough to worry about and make that statement!!

Today was poor in the second half but the first half looked much better, there was more cohesion and better play.

Also if anyone thinks we look like relegation contenders then you’ll have to lump Aberdeen in their too... they’ve had a terrible start as well when it comes to performances.

I think some of our fans are sounding like a bunch of disrespectful idiots towards St Johnstone. They have had a difficult start and was clear they were fighting for their lives today and some have us with this entitlement that we should be pumping them silly. This a team we have always toiled against and regularly beat most teams over a season in our league. Am not saying we shouldn’t have ambition far from it but this sense of irrelevance towards them I think is poor. This isn’t to defend our issues we may have it’s a separate point I felt reading this site and on Twitter. We are Hibs no Man City.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I think some of our fans are sounding like a bunch of disrespectful idiots towards St Johnstone. They have had a difficult start and was clear they were fighting for their lives today and some have us with this entitlement that we should be pumping them silly. This a team we have always toiled against and regularly beat most teams over a season in our league. Am not saying we shouldn’t have ambition far from it but this sense of irrelevance towards them I think is poor. This isn’t to defend our issues we may have it’s a separate point I felt reading this site and on Twitter. We are Hibs no Man City.
    This is the issue. Fans of our nearest competitors (sheep and yam) DO expect their teams to pump the likes of St.J whether they do or not.

They keep the heat on the team and the expectations high.

So should we.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I don't care if this is the worst St Johnstone team in a century or the best St Johnstone team in a century. Hibernian Football Club SHOULD be beating St Johnstone, especially at home, nine times out of ten.

The fact that we continually struggle to beat them is symptomatic of our attitude and mentality as a football club.

This is the issue. Fans of our nearest competitors (sheep and yam) DO expect their teams to pump the likes of St.J whether they do or not.

They keep the heat on the team and the expectations high.

So should we.
    Doesn’t make their sense of entitlement to be right tho that’s my point

St Johnstone aren’t mugs and always give us a game.

To expect to beat them without a shadow of doubt is delusional stuff. Throughout all levels of football especially in Scotland, the majority of the teams can beat anyone on their day never mind when it’s a team like St Johnston we are playing.

They work hard, get in your face and are physical, always has been the case. Beating teams like that is a lot more difficult than it sounds. I always found those games a lot harder than when teams allowed you to play.

First Team Breakthrough wfortune's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

To expect to beat them without a shadow of doubt is delusional stuff. Throughout all levels of football especially in Scotland, the majority of the teams can beat anyone on their day never mind when it’s a team like St Johnston we are playing.

They work hard, get in your face and are physical, always has been the case. Beating teams like that is a lot more difficult than it sounds. I always found those games a lot harder than when teams allowed you to play.
    Speaking to a saints season ticket holder before the game, he was expecting us to take goals of them because they are so poor.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

You always expect a tough game against St Johnstone. When they lined up, I was surprised how many of them I recognised as I don't generally pay that much attention to teams other than Hibs. They had a good few experienced players who have been around the block and a few proper danger men.

I don't think it is disrespectful to St Johnstone to expect better than that second half. They tore us apart for 45 minutes and we could have had no complaints if we'd lost the game. Heckingbottom's comments were ridiculous, we were not unlucky to lose the equaliser we were lucky to go as long as we did without losing it before that.

I'll always expect us to have the better of a game against St Johnstone and I'll expect us to win more than we lose. I'll expect every game with them to be a tough encounter and will be delighted any time we get three points against them - as I would have been if we'd have managed to hold on today.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

I'm not bothered about St Johnstone, good luck to them. What bothers me is that Hibs didn't look like they had a clue what they were doing today. Sitting far too deep and no structure or strength to our midfield as far as I could see. That's nowt to do with who we were playing.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Is it inaccurate?

Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post
    Is it inaccurate?

Yes.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post
    Is it inaccurate?

No it’s not, and Robertson actually piled the pressure on us with his poor performance. But we were poor in dealing with it anyway.

Well said, our support are so entitled at the minute it is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    Yes.
    So we haven’t been on the wrong decisions of 4 goals so far this season?