hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s so obvious that Allan needs to play in the middle. He wandered in once today and setup the goal. Build the team around him
    What goal. The first was from a corner delivered from Mallan and Allan was off the pitch when we scored the second. No wonder fans get so excited about Allan when he is credited with every positive thing in the game.

He was woeful today. No effort whatsoever and miscontrolled the ball most of the time before giving up easy possession. I counted about 3 decent passes. David Grays injury could be apportioned of Allan not marking and walking over to the man who received the ball which should never had came to him if Allan shook a leg. He may not be a right midfielder but there was no excuse for that performance today and that goes for quite a few others like Horgan who was shocking when he came on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    What goal. The first was from a corner delivered from Mallan and Allan was off the pitch when we scored the second. No wonder fans get so excited about Allan when he is credited with every positive thing in the game.

He was woeful today. No effort whatsoever and miscontrolled the ball most of the time before giving up easy possession. I counted about 3 decent passes. David Grays injury could be apportioned of Allan not marking and walking over to the man who received the ball which should never had came to him if Allan shook a leg. He may not be a right midfielder but there was no excuse for that performance today and that goes for quite a few others like Horgan who was shocking when he came on.
    You’re right, sorry, he played Doidge through one on one and the goalie saved it

Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post
    So we haven’t been on the wrong decisions of 4 goals so far this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you don't mind, please read that quote again. It says the bad refereeing decisions were the reason we were poor. That's obviously inaccurate - our being poor is nothing to do with the refereeing decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    He was doing okay until he started on about refereeing decisions and how that’s the reason for us being poor.
    Exactly, if St Johnston had left with no points today they would have been robbed. The officials decisions however crucial to points would have papered over the cracks had we taken all 3 points. Embarrassing to suggest otherwise.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Exactly, if St Johnston had left with no points today they would have been robbed. The officials decisions however crucial to points would have papered over the cracks had we taken all 3 points. Embarrassing to suggest otherwise.
    But if the officials got it right we would have beat St Mirren by 2 and St J by one goal. Not sure if their goal was offside though. Mind you the decisions we have had were nowhere near as bad as Rocky today who decided to anticipate a shot and let their scorer have the whole goal to aim for.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This is the issue. Fans of our nearest competitors (sheep and yam) DO expect their teams to pump the likes of St.J whether they do or not.

They keep the heat on the team and the expectations high.

So should we.
    So heartening to read your post. Hibs fans are too tolerant of p1sh and accept crap performances too often. If our standards were higher as a Club we would be in a better place.

But if the officials got it right we would have beat St Mirren by 2 and St J by one goal. Not sure if their goal was offside though. Mind you the decisions we have had were nowhere near as bad as Rocky today who decided to anticipate a shot and let their scorer have the whole goal to aim for.
    I’m the first to berate the ridiculous decisions we get and have had this season but to excuse the inept performance today where St J definitely deserved at least a point and the inept performance v St Mirren and subsequent humiliation at Ibrox on refereeing decisions is deflecting the truth, painful as they are.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    I’m the first to berate the ridiculous decisions we get and have had this season but to excuse the inept performance today where St J definitely deserved at least a point and the inept performance v St Mirren and subsequent humiliation at Ibrox on refereeing decisions is deflecting the truth, painful as they are.
    Funny I always thought getting results while playing poorly was the sign of a good team. We were poor today in the second half and I agree that Saints deserved their point. However if the goal was offside it cost us two points regardless of the performance and would mean a decent start to the campaign.

Heck needs to find a system that works. We look like there are players to make a decent team but injuries are killing us and the midfielders are far too alike and lightweight. Lennon stumbled upon the 3-5-2 when SDG got injured two seasons back and Heck looks like he needs similar to happen or at least pick a team and stick with it to get some relationships forming on the pitch. It doesn't help when half teh substitutes he makes are to replace injured players.

Funny I always thought getting results while playing poorly was the sign of a good team. We were poor today in the second half and I agree that Saints deserved their point. However if the goal was offside it cost us two points regardless of the performance and would mean a decent start to the campaign.

Heck needs to find a system that works. We look like there are players to make a decent team but injuries are killing us and the midfielders are far too alike and lightweight. Lennon stumbled upon the 3-5-2 when SDG got injured two seasons back and Heck looks like he needs similar to happen or at least pick a team and stick with it to get some relationships forming on the pitch. It doesn't help when half teh substitutes he makes are to replace injured players.
    We were awful today and gaining a point is papering over the cracks not a good team playing badly and getting a result. It’s not a one off either as it’s becoming the norm. I take no pleasure in saying this😕

Wonder if we will be a better team away from home this year until the players really settle in, less pressure away from home generally and teams will come out and play and open up a bit (ibrox and parkhead possibly the exceptions)

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Wonder if we will be a better team away from home this year until the players really settle in, less pressure away from home generally and teams will come out and play and open up a bit (ibrox and parkhead possibly the exceptions)
    We were the team backing off today, St Johnston pummelled us for most of the game. It was us parking the bus not the opposition as we couldn’t get out our own half. No idea where we needed them to open up, we didn’t try!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    Hecky is going to get lots of stick for taking allan off today. I have no issue with that as he was very poor and offering little defensive cover although i have no idea why he was playing on the right in the first place.

Also, once he moved us into a 4231, why he moved vela, our only midfielder with any defensive qualities, up behind the striker and had slivka and mallan sitting deep is anyones guess. The little control we had of the game was lost at that point. Absolutely bizarre.

He has shot himself in the foot big time with those decisions and given ammunition to a support who were already starting to turn on him. Rightly or wrongly, i cant see him lasting based on the atmosphere today.
    Agree Vela hasn't been great however he at least puts a foot in made no sense for Silvia and Mallan to be behind him. The amount of second balls we lost in the middle of the pitch near the end was shameful.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Defensively we look all over the place midfielders don't tackle or track runs. Defenders are second to the ball, get turned too easily and don't get close enough. Basics which don't really impact whether home or away.

We will draw plenty more games at home this season. His words, not mine.

No sure about that. We’ve played three games away from home and won one. Drew against Stirling and lost six in the other.

I think we’ll be equally poor home or away but will pick up wins here and there on the basis that there are sides poorer than us in the league.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar

Did Lennon stumble on 3-5-2? My memory is Allan signed and his first game back was rangers at Ibrox? We had been 4-3-3 most of the season until that point but then he changed it to accommodate Allan in an attacking central role.

I remember because we had a radge back 3 that night of Porto, Efe - who was immense, and Stevenson. It seemed radge at the time as it was the first time wed properly done it.

And that depleted his team won at ibrox. Ah, how times have changed in such a short period of time.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Actually, I've that win at Ibrox was the catalyst for a great run of form and hecky would be well served to look at how many times Scott Allan was subbed throught that run 👀

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Actually, I've that win at Ibrox was the catalyst for a great run of form and hecky would be well served to look at how many times Scott Allan was subbed throught that run 👀
    Allan was substituted in 9 of those 12 games albeit late in most. The game at Ibrox was a formation bourne out of what players we had available. Given what we had the players and Lennon take great credit for the result but there is no danger that team or formation would have started with everyone fit.

We've now lost a last minute goal to St Johnstone in the past 3 seasons. 1-2 when Stokes scored a pen, 1-2 when Swanson missed his pen and yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree Vela hasn't been great however he at least puts a foot in made no sense for Silvia and Mallan to be behind him. The amount of second balls we lost in the middle of the pitch near the end was shameful.
    It looked to me like we had Vela and Slivka playing further forward with Mallan in behind.

Mallan is the weakest link there, and he was the main reason we were being pulled to pieces. A decent defensive midfielder in there with those 2 in front and we'd have seen the game out.

Some folk would still be unhappy at us "seeing games out" but all that matters are the points.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Did Lennon stumble on 3-5-2? My memory is Allan signed and his first game back was rangers at Ibrox? We had been 4-3-3 most of the season until that point but then he changed it to accommodate Allan in an attacking central role.

I remember because we had a radge back 3 that night of Porto, Efe - who was immense, and Stevenson. It seemed radge at the time as it was the first time wed properly done it.

And that depleted his team won at ibrox. Ah, how times have changed in such a short period of time.

Gray was injured and Boyle slotted into the wingback role quite well, we had Efe, Daz, Hanlon and Porteous all fit and playing fairly well and it suited us because we needed a system to play Flo and McLaren. As soon as Gray is fit we need to try and get Boyle in there too hence why 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 suits.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    You’re right, sorry, he played Doidge through one on one and the goalie saved it
    No Doidge fluffed his shot. Should have been two up.

Quote Originally Posted by thegaffer12 View Post
    We've now lost a last minute goal to St Johnstone in the past 3 seasons. 1-2 when Stokes scored a pen, 1-2 when Swanson missed his pen and yesterday.
    not read through all the posts, but imho we were the team that stole a point yesterday. Saints were well up for the battle in the second half and won it . fortunately for us we got a point. Mallan contributed nothing bar a corner, Alllan was very poor but obviously should be playing in the middle. he maybe feels that he should be at the cetre of alls things, and if he does, I agree.