hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ddoc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From the Blue Mountains in New South Wales my actual game time is limited to my, not very frequent, trips back to Leith. But I drag my sorry butt out of bed to tune in on Hibs TV, and my wife wonders why I bother as I, not as quietly as I think, curse away as I get back into bed.
    Well done you 👍. It’s hard to gauge the atmosphere thing from afar but we really had things rocking in the past few seasons and despite being an age brought up with the Tornadoes I thought we for once had made the leap. Unfortunately as is normal with Hibs we’ve gone backwards. We still have time to hang on to the large ST support but decisions from the board are crucial. Well done for your support from afar 👍👍

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    Are they available? Are they going to leave their jobs so early in the season to come to Hibs? And if they are not currently in a job are they really better? If they were, they'd be working.
    So all the out of work managers are worse than PH? I seriously doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    Sad to say but we have regressed back to being "Soft" again. A club who has average home gates of just over 2 thousand came to ER and totally bossed us. I've seen enough of this team already to suggest we will struggle even to achieve top six this season in it's present form.
    Is there any money available to bring in any more signings? If there is, can Heckingbottom bring in players that can improve the playing squad? If not the danger signs are there.
    Hamilton bossed us at home the season we finished 4th.
    One game means nothing, we aren't back to being soft because of one average performance. We've not been great and it could be a rough season but today alone isn't some great sign of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Hamilton bossed us at home the season we finished 4th.
    One game means nothing, we aren't back to being soft because of one average performance. We've not been great and it could be a rough season but today alone isn't some great sign of anything.
    It’s not one game though is it? It’s all pre season, the league cup games and every league game so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It’s not one game though is it? It’s all pre season, the league cup games and every league game so far.

It was one and a half league cup games, Elgin and Arbroath were both good performances.

We haven't been great in the league, I agree, but we very nearly won today and have a winnable league cup quarter.

The reaction has honestly been insane on here considering what has actually happened.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It was one and a half league cup games, Elgin and Arbroath were both good performances.

We haven't been great in the league, I agree, but we very nearly won today and have a winnable league cup quarter.

The reaction has honestly been insane on here considering what has actually happened.
    If we don't look good against Elgin and Arbroath, we are in deep excrement. I do agree with you in relation to being measured just now, but it's a worrying situation nonetheless.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

You saw that today. The players were going through the motions. We’ve seen this movie before. And it’s been happening for about 7 or 8 games now.
    There is no way back now. He won’t recover this situation because the players have no clue what they were meant to be doing out there.
    Of course we have a winnable quarter, because we are one of the top clubs in Scotland. They should always be winnable. It’s not any measure of success though.
    The only defence of Heckingbottom seems to be he needs more time but I haven’t seen for what? What is his style of play going to be? Is it going to be sitting back in two banks of four and trying to counter attack? Because even if he could make a success of that, and I don’t think he can, it’s not something I would want to watch anyway.
    I don’t really want to argue his merits to be honest because he is now a dead man walking anyway. It’s just a matter of time. He won’t recover from this because the players are not on board with whatever it is he thinks he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    You saw that today. The players were going through the motions. We’ve seen this movie before. And it’s been happening for about 7 or 8 games now.
    There is no way back now. He won’t recover this situation because the players have no clue what they were meant to be doing out there.
    Of course we have a winnable quarter, because we are one of the top clubs in Scotland. They should always be winnable. It’s not any measure of success though.
    The only defence of Heckingbottom seems to be he needs more time but I haven’t seen for what? What is his style of play going to be? Is it going to be sitting back in two banks of four and trying to counter attack? Because even if he could make a success of that, and I don’t think he can, it’s not something I would want to watch anyway.
    I don’t really want to argue his merits to be honest because he is now a dead man walking anyway. It’s just a matter of time. He won’t recover from this because the players are not on board with whatever it is he thinks he is doing.

👍👍

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboco#1 View Post
    **** off you Jambo ****
    Steady on, fella. MW is no Jambo; let's be polite.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Breakthrough
    Watching yesterday’s game was not fun and we almost stole 3 points. However we have signed a lot of players and he’s still working out the right mix and match for the team. I can’t believe there is so much hatred after 3 games this season. He gets till Xmas unless there is a car crash 5 results ahead.

I certainly am not calling for PH's sacking but my natural optimism when new managers/players come took a bit of a knock reading the interview posted here when he said, '"We are drawing at home and we will draw many more at home this season, without a doubt....". I am hard pressed to see his high press at this moment.

I was feeling quite good after our latest signing, but Scott Allan played too wide and blowing a lead twice in this game followed by the manager forecasting MANY MORE draws at home certainly took the shine off my Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    I certainly am not calling for PH's sacking but my natural optimism when new managers/players come took a bit of a knock reading the interview posted here when he said, '"We are drawing at home and we will draw many more at home this season, without a doubt....". I am hard pressed to see his high press at this moment.

I was feeling quite good after our latest signing, but Scott Allan played too wide and blowing a lead twice in this game followed by the manager forecasting MANY MORE draws at home certainly took the shine off my Saturday.
    Frightening. His comments about the fans being responsible for us losing goals and him threatening to take Allan off again in the future are naive in the extreme (whether he believes it or not). He appears to be doing everything he can to get under the fans skin.

All he needs now is a sweetie bag to reveal his true identity

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Frightening. His comments about the fans being responsible for us losing goals and him threatening to take Allan off again in the future are naive in the extreme (whether he believes it or not). He appears to be doing everything he can to get under the fans skin.

He actually said Allan was carrying a knock and he would make subs he thought were right. He also said that the players need to be tougher to deal with the anxiety of the crowd when it is there.

I said at the start of the season he would be out after 15 games....wasnt being a smart arse, i just dont feel his style of play suits hibs or the fans and im Not the only one seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post
    He actually said Allan was carrying a knock and he would make subs he thought were right. He also said that the players need to be tougher to deal with the anxiety of the crowd when it is there.

Crazy how some are trying to twist his words.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    I said at the start of the season he would be out after 15 games....wasnt being a smart arse, i just dont feel his style of play suits hibs or the fans and im Not the only one seeing it.
    Spot on 👍 I actually said this to my buddy after the last Killie game at ER. What an awful match that was.

That's not really what he said regarding the fans though is it?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

He never said the fans were responsible for us losing goals, not even close.

It wasn’t a threat about taking Allan off, l what he said was that, like any player, he’s not likely to get 90 minutes every game so will be subbed again in the future.

And though you didn’t mention it, a poster above was worried that Heckinbottom said we would have more draws at home. That’s not in the slightest bit frightening, it’s just realistic.

I’m not defending Heckinbottom here, but there’s some amount of hysteria going on and seemingly rational people are losing their head at comments, which in context, are perfectly reasonable ones to make.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    He never said the fans were responsible for us losing goals, not even close.

It wasn’t a threat about taking Allan off, l what he said was that, like any player, he’s not likely to get 90 minutes every game so will be subbed again in the future.

And though you didn’t mention it, a poster above was getting frightened (!) that Heckinbottom said we would have more draws at home. That’s not in the slightest bit frightening, it’s just realistic.

I’m not defending Heckinbottom here, but there’s some amount of hysteria going on and seemingly rational people are losing their head at comments, which in context, are perfectly reasonable ones to make.
    This has been the best post on here since yesterday.
    Mass hysteria with folk picking apart everything he has said and twisting it like a bunch of bairns.

Twitter and Facebook are the same. Grown men greerting their eyes out because the manager said the atmosphere in tbe stadium affected the players.

Its cringeworthy stuff reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post
    Hibs support is, and for the most part, always has been, the most fickle, most self loathing, predictable, moaning support ever.
    See ***** like this? Boils my pish. We pay money to support our football club. We have a decent budget, we have a massive stadium, we have a massive support, we are well within our rights to expect to be 3rd or 4th best in this tiny wee country. We are well within our rights to call it as we see it and if anyone thinks that this utter pish is acceptable, they're off their ****ing heads.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This has been the best post on here since yesterday.
    Mass hysteria with folk picking apart everything he has said and twisting it like a bunch of bairns.

Twitter and Facebook are the same. Grown men greerting their eyes out because the manager said the atmosphere in tbe stadium affected the players.

Its cringeworthy stuff reading it.
    Sadly, the internet has bred a generation of me me me a*seholes. Falling over each other to be proven right and have said it first.

Ah cannae believe ahm no goin mad after yesterdays result, everyones goin intae overdrive and insulting each other . Thats not on, thats my job, so can everyone just shut the @#$& up and go oot intae the warm weather and catch a bit of fresh air.

Huv tae say, this sites been a laugh for the last wee while.
    Take a step back folks and calm the @#$& doon,

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    They were also booing the other sub at the time (can’t actually remember who it was now).
    I don't think anyone was booing the players going off or coming on.
    They were booing in frustration at the manager's decisions which are increasingly being viewed as clueless.

For the record - I'm almost always against booing directed towards the team or club but I can completely get why it happened in this scenario.
    I think taking Allan off was a poor decision and I think playing Allan where he's playing him is a poor tactical decision.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

The mood at the stadium yesterday seemed to be initially supportive and then increasingly unimpressed. Much the same as here.

I’m not calling for the manager’s head but I’m far from reassured that we are on the right path. Regardless of the result yesterday I expected to see clear progress in terms of how he wants us to play. I didn’t.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but is he not employed as a coach as the Hibs set up does not have a managerial position. Even Neil Lennon was a coach.
    Unless you want to argue on semantics, I'm pretty sure its the manager who picks the team and employs the tactics needed to force a draw against the mighty St Johnstone?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Unless you want to argue on semantics, I'm pretty sure its the manager who picks the team and employs the tactics needed to force a draw against the mighty St Johnstone?
    Is that the same mighty St Johnstone that have won their previous two league games at Easter Road or a different one?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    Is that the same mighty St Johnstone that have won their previous two league games at Easter Road or a different one?
    Yep, the same St Johnstone who lost 7 goals to Celtic, got gubbed at home to Ross County and lost to Forfar and Montrose in the cup. That same team with same players outplayed us yesterday regardless of how they performed in previous seasons.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    See ***** like this? Boils my pish. We pay money to support our football club. We have a decent budget, we have a massive stadium, we have a massive support, we are well within our rights to expect to be 3rd or 4th best in this tiny wee country. We are well within our rights to call it as we see it and if anyone thinks that this utter pish is acceptable, they're off their ****ing heads.
    But we are 3 games into the season. We can still finish 3rd or 4th. We've not had a flying start to the season but 4 points is hardly a disaster.

The quoted poster is not wrong. The hysteria on this place is absolutely mental. Entertaining, mind you.
    Last edited by SRHibs; 25-08-2019 at 11:08 AM.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    Without wanting to start an argument, St J record against us demonstrates that we have been underperforming massively and that needs to change.

We cant use their previous games as a yardstick of where we "should be".

Its been said many times before, regardless of any tweaks, our budget will be maybe 3 times that of St J, Hamilton, St Mirren - we should be blowing these teams away at home and trying to snatch what we can v Celtic / Rangers and competing fully with Hearts and Aberdeen.

That we dont even look like taking points from the crap teams tells you everything.

We are in real bother and it needs addressing - and if that means Hecky goes, then so be it. We simply cant start dropping down the league as we are not equipped for a dogfight.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Yep, the same St Johnstone who lost 7 goals to Celtic, got gubbed at home to Ross County and lost to Forfar and Montrose in the cup. That same team with same players outplayed us yesterday regardless of how they performed in previous seasons.
    St Johnstone have spells like the one you describe regularly. They always turn it around. They’ll get points at other venues too.