hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Well done UEFA

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really like Dave King's comments.

We've been waiting for more than a century for this sort of talk from within Ibrox.

Credit where it's due...........

It also shows our own authorities up for what they are when you can have people within Rangers acting like normal people off the back of a single punishment.
    Talk is cheap

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    BREAKING NEWS

@RangersFC chairman Dave King:

“Rangers has players & supporters from many religions, cultures and backgrounds, but we are one and the same when we gather to support our club. If any supporter can not accept that then Rangers is not the club for them.”
    That my friends is why this lot are still stuck in the past with their own wee world around them.

I bet if this eegit was to do a survey of them and ask the right questions he may realise just what a scurge on Scotland they are.

This will not stop them either but it is a start and hits them where it hurts. If it continues their ground will be closed to all of their European fixtures and it will be all their own fault!

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    That my friends is why this lot are still stuck in the past with their own wee world around them.

I bet if this eegit was to do a survey of them and ask the right questions he may realise just what a scurge on Scotland they are.

This will not stop them either but it is a start and hits them where it hurts. If it continues their ground will be closed to all of their European fixtures and it will be all their own fault!
    They will just stop signing the songs in Europe and sing them louder in domestic games, knowing they'll get no punishment.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Every time I go on that forum I am staggered. Not just by the lack of moderation, but the lack of brain cells, the levels of whatabouterry and that they don’t get that “fenian” is a banned word.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I really like Dave King's comments.

We've been waiting for more than a century for this sort of talk from within Ibrox.

Credit where it's due...........

It also shows our own authorities up for what they are when you can have people within Rangers acting like normal people off the back of a single punishment.
    Sevco had no choice but accept it as they have no dirt on UEFA like they have with the SFA. They were all party to the 5 way agreement, the conflict of interest of Campbell Ogilvie, the complicity of Doncaster, Regan in attempting to shoe horn Sevco straight back into the top division etc etc etc. If the SFA had tried this (yes I know, lol...) they would be of a very different mindset.....

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I liked this comment on twitter

But why ban the 3,000 who were innocent of any wrongdoing?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topi...fare/#comments

Give yourself a wash, grab a gas mask and dive in. Delusion and whatabboutery all over the shop. No one likes them but boy, they *do* care

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    BREAKING NEWS

@RangersFC chairman Dave King:

“Rangers has players & supporters from many religions, cultures and backgrounds, but we are one and the same when we gather to support our club. If any supporter can not accept that then Rangers is not the club for them.”
    If ever a statement was made through severely gritted teeth then this is it !

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Talk is cheap
    Yup. DK and every Ibrox official will hear the sectarian singing that goes on every game, its only cause they've been finally punished that theyre coming out with this pish. As the old saying goes - They're not sorry, theyre just sorry they've been caught.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Imagine if the SFA grew some balls and closed a section of the stadium. They would kick the **** off.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    It's all the fault of the "fenians at FARE" and "the biased taig/papist media" for ratting them out

UEFA could conceivably cause a bit of a riot here by giving Rangers less than a week's notice, when all of the logistics etc are already in place for the return leg and it's sold out.

Absolute guarantee we'll hear their fans louder than ever vs St Mirren at the weekend too.

A lot of radges on that thread!

There’s a lot of tosh on here blaming the SFA and the SPFL.It’s not their fault.The sole fault lies with the clubs who will not vote for any sanctions against them.Both the SFA and the SPFL would be delighted if clubs were held liable.It’s not going to happen.

The comment in there "ask the UB to amend the songbook for European nights" is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by itslegaltender View Post
    This really shows up the SFA and the SPFL for what they are. They have turned a blind eye to the constant sectarian singing from both the old and new Rangers.

Interesting to see the board immediately accept this decision, no outrage, no statements. They know that UEFA would not take any of their nonsense.
    Spot on Yet they know they can manipulate the authorities in Scotland and allow the sectarian chanting to continue unchallenged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised their statement didnt ask uefa why hibs havent been punished for thousands of thugs running on and beating every poor rangers member of staff within sight at hampden

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    A disgusting club that should be shut down (again)
    Correct and well said Sir/Madam.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topi...fare/#comments

Give yourself a wash, grab a gas mask and dive in. Delusion and whatabboutery all over the shop. No one likes them but boy, they *do* care
    A car crash of lunatics, conspiracy theorists and unreconstructed bigots. They live in a bubble, like Donald Trump supporters: UEFA are pushing fake news and are anti-Protestant. A madhouse.

I should add, kudos to the minority who trying to knock some sense into the nutters. It's a hopeless task, but well done for trying.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 23-08-2019 at 02:02 PM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by itslegaltender View Post
    This really shows up the SFA and the SPFL for what they are. They have turned a blind eye to the constant sectarian singing from both the old and new Rangers.

Interesting to see the board immediately accept this decision, no outrage, no statements. They know that UEFA would not take any of their nonsense.
    We're as complicit as SFA and SPFL.

They sing the same songs at ER, probably worse ones infact as to them "we're fenian *******s" yet our board rewarded them by doubling their allocation

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    We're as complicit as SFA and SPFL.

They sing the same songs at ER, probably worse ones infact as to them "we're fenian *******s" yet our board rewarded them by doubling their allocation
    If you want to hit hibs here you hit them for not wanting strict liability.

To hit them with this is nuts.

If we sell our end we take tickets off them. If we don’t. We don’t.

Money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    A car crash of lunatics, conspiracy theorists and unreconstructed bigots. They live in a bubble, like Donald Trump supporters: UEFA are pushing fake news and are anti-Protestant. A madhouse.

I should add, kudos to the minority who trying to knock some sense into the nutters. It's a hopeless task, but well done for trying.
    That's a fair point although, as was once said about trying to fight back against the impending professionalism of football, it's a bit like trying to stem the flow of the Niagara Falls with a kitchen chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post

Money talks.
    This. We were told weeks in advance by the board that we would be willing to open the south stand for Hibs fans if we sold enough tickets in the traditional 3 stands - we didn't so Der Hun got the full south, only ourselves to blame for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post

Money talks.
    Bingo!

That's exactly it - money talks. We'll turn a blind eye to their behaviour because they bring in so much £££. Not just Hibs, the entire league. If we really wanted to sort this clubs could reduce their allocation stating why its happened. **** me Budge was quick enough to do it with her own fans after 3 smoke bombs. However we need their cash so let them away with murder and dictate our entire league.

This should be getting done week in week out by the SFA followed by docking points if it didn't cut out their songbook.

Talk is cheap
    Talk IS cheap.

Talk that is an unequivocal condemnation and a forthright request to cease this behaviour immediately otherwise the club is damaged might just strike a chord somewhere and allow them to sell more tickets and make more cash in future.

The opposite - a lack of talk or the usual nonsensical statement which whips the hordes up even more - is, at about £90k a pop, very expensive indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Bingo!

That's exactly it - money talks. We'll turn a blind eye to their behaviour because they bring in so much £££. Not just Hibs, the entire league. If we really wanted to sort this clubs could reduce their allocation stating why its happened. **** me Budge was quick enough to do it with her own fans after 3 smoke bombs. However we need their cash so let them away with murder and dictate our entire league.
    I completely get what you mean but it shouldn't be down to us clubs to do it. The SPFL/SFA should be stepping in here and closing sections of Ibrox on the regular. Sectarian songs heard one weekend away from home, close a section of Ibrox the next weekend as punishment. Why should we have to reduce ticket sales at our own stadium and lose income and revenue because those fannys get away scott free every week?

@hibs.net private member
    I'd have more faith in Dave Kings statement if there was even an modicum of action taken by the club.

How much did we pay for CCTV and all that? We saw there was an issue, realised that as well as being morally wrong it hurt the club and took action when our fan behaviour became an issue.

Rather than signing 20 midfielders Sevco could have spent some money on CCTV to allow them to identify the people doing the singing.

The means are there for the club and Scottish football authorities to stop this. They just don't care.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Presume the next time it happens, game will be played behind closed doors

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    I completely get what you mean but it shouldn't be down to us clubs to do it. The SPFL/SFA should be stepping in here and closing sections of Ibrox on the regular. Sectarian songs heard one weekend away from home, close a section of Ibrox the next weekend as punishment. Why should we have to reduce ticket sales at our own stadium and lose income and revenue because those fannys get away scott free every week?
    Hearts were quick enough to do so to their own punters, why not when Rangers come calling?

When running a pub if i had group of loud obnoxious racist ****holes in annoying the locals was it my job to get rid of them, or wait for the cooncil or polis to act? Or just allow them to spout their pish as why should i lose money?

Failure to act gives them the power.

BTW I couldn't give a **** what anyone sings, sticks n stones etc. It's the double standards that winds me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    The SFA and Spfl are the clubs. It’s clubs like Hibs who are turning a blind eye to this in return for money.
    How many young Hibs supporters don’t get to go to Easter road when we play them because parents don’t want their kids to hear that sort of thing? 1 is too many in my book.
    Hibs should be making sure that sectarianism has no place at Easter road. They don’t though. That’s on us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk