hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Chance to go 3rd

As Celtic and Rangers aren’t playing until Sunday, 3 points for Hibs on Saturday, could see us 3rd, if other Saturday results go our way
    Think we’d have taken this before the season started

Another big game for Hibs, and hope we take the good things from the Morton game, and ditch the bad things
    Mallon available again, so wonder what Hecky will do? I’d be surprised if Porteous starts, unless we have an issue with its Hanlon or Jackson, but will be great to have the big man back, also a goal threat at corners

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Ultimately meaningless at this early stage, but good to build confidence and momentum.

I’m looking forward to the game and expecting to see more progress.

Sorry, but being 3rd after 3 league games means nothing. If we are 3rd with only 3 games left, now that's when to get excited. Not trying to rain on op's enthusiasm, just being a grumpy old git. (Realistic though).

We need to keep piling the points up against the bottom 7 teams as Heckingbottom did when he came in last season.
    Do that and we won't be far of 3rd.

As the squad stands at the moment i see us finishing the season in 5th which i correctly called before last season started whilst a few maniacs had us winning the title!
    The same maniacs have us finishing bottom 6 this season before the transfer window is even closed.
    My prediction could change on the evening of September 2nd if we bring in a quality player or 2.
    I am sure we will at least bring in a good midfielder.
    It's like Christmas for adults!

On subject, I see a hard fought win for Hibs on Saturday.
    I am really looking forward to going to Easter Road and wish the match was later today.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 22-08-2019 at 11:57 PM.

All about momentum at this stage. 2 home league wins out of 2 and 5 in a row in all competitions is a good start and keeps us pushing on

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Need to build a consistency in performance as well as eradicating individual errors.

Testimonial Due
    We could have six times as many points as Hearts!

Theres a good chance we will wont go 3rd!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Means absolutely nothing what league position we are in, or could be after this weekend, at this stage of the season. After this weekend we still have 35 league games to play and we won’t know if our 5 remaining leagues games will be in the top or bottom half of the table.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    What it does mean is we could have the 3rd best start to the season of all the teams in the league

Whatever happens though - Hecky out

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Not fussed about league position just now, just getting the points on the board.

Manner of the Rangers defeat was brutal, but six points from nine is what I expected from our first three games. Anything less than a win and I’ll be disappointed.

First Team Breakthrough
    Always nice to look at the table and see Hibs near the top, regardless how many games have been played. Not sure why being third this early shouldn’t matter?? Bet if we were third bottom it wouldn’t just be seen as an early season league placing!

I think the OP realises there are no trophies for 3rd place after 3 games of the season. He’s just trying to be positive. I’m sure it wouldn’t be dismissed as meaningless if we were 3rd from bottom rather than 3rd from top.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As Celtic and Rangers aren’t playing until Sunday, 3 points for Hibs on Saturday, could see us 3rd, if other Saturday results go our way

Another big game for Hibs, and hope we take the good things from the Morton game, and ditch the bad things
    Mallon available again, so wonder what Hecky will do? I’d be surprised if Porteous starts, unless we have an issue with its Hanlon or Jackson, but will be great to have the big man back, also a goal threat at corners
    I think having Porto back reduces the need for a defensive midfielder. He commands his own half so we’ll that he wins the ball further up the field than any of our other centre halves.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    I think having Porto back reduces the need for a defensive midfielder. He commands his own half so we’ll that he wins the ball further up the field than any of our other centre halves.
    The need for a defensive midfielder isn't purely defensive, at least in the sense of winning the ball in the air. We need someone in front of the back 4 to block off angles and make it harder for the opposition midfield to play into our strikers. Porto can't do that and be a CB. The need for a DM remains as key as ever IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Sorry, but being 3rd after 3 league games means nothing. If we are 3rd with only 3 games left, now that's when to get excited. Not trying to rain on op's enthusiasm, just being a grumpy old git. (Realistic though).
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    Theres a good chance we will wont go 3rd!
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Means absolutely nothing what league position we are in, or could be after this weekend, at this stage of the season. After this weekend we still have 35 league games to play and we won’t know if our 5 remaining leagues games will be in the top or bottom half of the table.
    All correct but I would rather be third than 12th at this stage

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

A good post Billy. It will maybe a start for more positive posts on this site .There are too many doom and gloom merchants happy to peddle their negativity on here.
    GGTTH.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    We need to keep piling the points up against the bottom 7 teams as Heckingbottom did when he came in last season.
    Do that and we won't be far of 3rd.

As the squad stands at the moment i see us finishing the season in 5th which i correctly called before last season started whilst a few maniacs had us winning the title!
    The same maniacs have us finishing bottom 6 this season before the transfer window is even closed.
    My prediction could change on the evening of September 2nd if we bring in a quality player or 2.
    I am sure we will at least bring in a good midfielder.
    It's like Christmas for adults!

On subject, I see a hard fought win for Hibs on Saturday.
    I am really looking forward to going to Easter Road and wish the match was later today.
    We need to pile up the points against the bottom 6-7 teams because we probably won’t get many against the top teams.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    You can sure as hell believe that being bottom after 3 would mean something though, so why does 3rd after 3 mean nothing? 3rd after 3 games means we've had a pretty good start to the season. Doesn't mean a lot else but people are just desperate to poo poo the idea of a good start yet they'd be desperate to stick the boot in if we were 10th or 11th after 3.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 23-08-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    We need to pile up the points against the bottom 6-7 teams because we probably won’t get many against the top teams.
    And if that's the way it works out and we end up top four then that's absolutely fine. We have people moaning that we don't beat the bottom 6 often enough when we're taking points off the top 6 anyway so we'll never be able to please everybody. And as an aside, who in the top 6 other than the OF do you think we'll take next to no points off? Because I certainly don't see that many sides that we're going to get beat near enough every time we play them other than the OF.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 23-08-2019 at 08:26 AM.

A lot of results need to go our way for us to be 3rd- which I’d be more than happy with, regardless of how early in the season it is. Without being doom and gloom we could also be bottom depending on results. I personally think it’s too early to be focusing on league position though, and we should focus more on performances. Which in return should see us climb the table.

As for the shouts for a DM I don’t see the need for it, so long as we have a decent box to box midfielder. As well as wingers working back.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    You can sure as hell believe that being bottom after 3 would mean something though, so why does 3rd after 3 mean nothing? 3rd after 3 games means we've had a pretty good start to the season. Doesn't mean a lot else but people are just desperate to poo poo the idea of a good start yet they'd be desperate to stick the boot in if we were 10th or 11th after 3.
    Is this true?

Sure, some folk see things differently to others but that's got to be expected no?

I see a few of you saying similar things but don't see where you're coming from.

Why do you think people are desperate to knock the club?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Is this true?

Sure, some folk see things differently to others but that's got to be expected no?

I see a few of you saying similar things but don't see where you're coming from.

Why do you think people are desperate to knock the club?
    From people point blank refusing to acknowledge we even won last week to people telling us our league position doesn’t matter (yet you can guarantee it would matter if we were bottom) then yes, I reckon it’s true. Not everyone, not even the majority of people who aren’t happy, but there’s a few posters who are definitely in that category.

I just fear for some peoples health if we win tomorrow. The Hecky haters will need to find something else to be outraged about.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I just fear for some peoples health if we win tomorrow. The Hecky haters will need to find something else to be outraged about.
    Or if we lose. Coronaries all over the shop, guaranteed.

If we go third tomorrow, although it doesn’t mean much, then players will take confidence from it and beleive they deserve to be there and look to keep winning and improving.

Its more a psychological advantage which shouldn’t be underestimated.

@hibs.net private member
    Whether we go 3rd or not tomorrow 3 points tomorrow will be crucial come the end of season so in a way I agree with the original OP.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    People aren't 'outraged' for no reason. We've been very poor this season.

If we put in a good performance tomorrow, everyone will be pleased.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

I’m sure you will. Can’t wait to see a positive post from you in that case

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

Really?

Played 7
    W6 L1
    GF 15
    GA 10

https://www.skysports.com/hibernian-results