hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    It's Jambo revisionism at its best and it's there to make them feel all big and powerful. "Look how we helped Hibs out. Wallace Mercer brought it to your attention how badly in debt Hibs were and actually saved your club. And we were all right there behind you Hibbies against the takeover." Total bull****. At best they were quiet on the subject, at worst they were sneering piss takers who were lapping it up. There may have been a few individuals who spoke out but they were very much in the Jambo minority

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lucky if there was more than 20 hearts fans there. Saw loads of other fans strips such as airdrie, thistle etc. Make no mistake the vast majority were loving it.
    I never even saw 20

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day View Post
    I never even saw 20
    Correct. The ones I worked with were ambivalent at best and loving it at worst. I could never dislike John Robertson after he spoke out against the takeover.

Good luck to Bury FC fans.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

What a lot of garbage on this thread. Bury FC go into liquidation big deal.

All that happens as many times before is a new club is formed Bury 2019 FC and it starts down in the 7th or 8th tier of English football and works it way back to wherever its natural place in the pecking order is.

Agreed re the dodgy owner of course but the fans will still have a home town club to support and very likely this time it will be the fans or genuine local businessmen who will be in charge calling all the shots.

Everyone in time forgets about the name change and they will still be Bury to their fanbase.

@hibs.net private member
    We played Bury didn’t we...recall going there for a mid week pre season game ...think it may have been same pre-season as Oldham match

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said Man United will help Bury in any way the can, such as with players. Great gesture wee man

Would it be against the rules to just write Bury a cheque?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said Man United will help Bury in any way the can, such as with players. Great gesture wee man

Any chance OGS could help us with players?

Hopefully they dont give them alexis sanchez. Theyve suffered enough

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Hopefully they dont give them alexis sanchez. Theyve suffered enough

HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    We played Bury didn’t we...recall going there for a mid week pre season game ...think it may have been same pre-season as Oldham match
    I thought we'd played them in a midweek game late 70s early 80s, but apparently not? Those long overnighters in the back of a bus were always a bit hazy.

why don't utd not just buy a player now, pass the cash and say the player will join them at the next window. it happens anyway and they can just loan the player back in January.

the money is a drop in the ocean to utd.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Local MP was on 5 live a wee while ago and said he was hopeful of a successful bid completing. Proof of funding sent to EFL. Dale has to accept it though but he was fairly positive about that too.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    August 88. Same mini tour as Walsall and Oldham.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    August 88. Same mini tour as Walsall and Oldham.
    Cheers Iggy. Went to all three..Walsall and Oldham being saturdays..think Bury was in the middle ....

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    ITV news saying Bury have been saved.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    ITV news saying Bury have been saved.
    What a huge surprise...yawn yawn.

What was it this time ...a last minute debts write off agreement, a sale and lease back of the stadium, a sale of the club to some mystery benefactor.

Football clubs always survive either by finding their natural level, reforming under an almost identical name or being bought over by the next smuck who wants some self respect and attention by owning a football club.

Stop wasting your time and energy as its next to impossible for any football club to go bankrupt and cease existence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post

What was it this time ...a last minute debts write off agreement, a sale and lease back of the stadium, a sale of the club to some mystery benefactor.

Football clubs always survive either by finding their natural level, reforming under an almost identical name or being bought over by the next smuck who wants some self respect and attention by owning a football club.

Stop wasting your time and energy as its next to impossible for any football club to go bankrupt and cease existence.
    Yawn. You’ve told us before.

First Team Breakthrough Dav1986's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: davidmcandrew86
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post

Ok, ok, we get it!

If that's how you feel, its easy enough to scroll past the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    John Hunter, chairman of the Hearts Supporters Association was on the platform at Easter Road at the rally, along with Joe Baker and the other Hibs greats.

Let’s not rewrite history.

Very true, along with some Hearts Fans sitting in the Main Stand.

However, that's not the impression I got from most Hearts Fans I knew (except the older ones, who were all opposed).

Cheers Iggy. Went to all three..Walsall and Oldham being saturdays..think Bury was in the middle ....

Which one of those games had a riot afterwards?

I seem to remember it as Oldham but memory could be playing tricks on me.

Looks like Bury might be saved after all; good! I was looking at the last club to be thrown out of the English Football League. That was Maidstone United in 1992. They were liquidated. The new Maidstone United is now in the National League. Interestingly, they don't claim the honours history of the original club - well why would they, it was liquidated? Surely nobody would think a new club could claim the honours of the previous club in such circumstances, would they.....?? 😉

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Takeover called off for Bury.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Takeover called off for Bury.
    Looking like they are goosed....

Just heard on talksport that the company have withdrawn their offer for Bury, they did not give a reason for it.

I wonder if its going to take a club like Bury and more probably Bolton, to go bust and shock the FA into doing something with regards to people buying clubs and not really being fit and proper people to own a football club.

Saying that, i have no idea what they can do or even if they have the power to do anything?

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Just heard on talksport that the company have withdrawn their offer for Bury, they did not give a reason for it.

I wonder if its going to take a club like Bury and more probably Bolton, to go bust and shock the FA into doing something with regards to people buying clubs and not really being fit and proper people to own a football club.

Saying that, i have no idea what they can do or even if they have the power to do anything?
    They can mandate fairer income distribution if they wanted to, presumably?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    They can mandate fairer income distribution if they wanted to, presumably?
    Can they, i thought the Premier league is on its own as an entity, and the football league negotiate for themselves?

I dont know what the distribution is from what they bring in though?

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Can they, i thought the Premier league is on its own as an entity, and the football league negotiate for themselves?

I dont know what the distribution is from what they bring in though?
    That’s what I meant, the sky/efl money is split by what division the teams are in, as I understand it.

So a more even distribution, though deeply unpopular with top championship clubs, is within their power to change.

Might be an idea to chuck some financial literacy courses for club owners into the package while they’re at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    That’s what I meant, the sky/efl money is split by what division the teams are in, as I understand it.

So a more even distribution, though deeply unpopular with top championship clubs, is within their power to change.

Might be an idea to chuck some financial literacy courses for club owners into the package while they’re at it.
    I dont know what the split is down in those leagues, but going by what we know about Bury it seems its about an unscrupulous owner who bought them for a £1, who buys a football team for a £1 unless they are in it to make money?

And Bolton have been a basket case for years after chasing the dream when in the premiership, i'm not so sure it comes down to a better share of the spoils, its down to mismanagement and underhand deals with these two.

And that is why in my opinion, they cant be helped by other teams, run the business properly, run it within your means and there should be no problems.

I dont know what the split is down in those leagues, but going by what we know about Bury it seems its about an unscrupulous owner who bought them for a £1, who buys a football team for a £1 unless they are in it to make money?

And Bolton have been a basket case for years after chasing the dream when in the premiership, i'm not so sure it comes down to a better share of the spoils, its down to mismanagement and underhand deals with these two.

And that is why in my opinion, they cant be helped by other teams, run the business properly, run it within your means and there should be no problems.
    Even if they were a striker a defensive midfielder and winger short? They should still run it within their means? 😜

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Even if they were a striker a defensive midfielder and winger short? They should still run it within their means? 😜
    Why would they be 3 players short if they were run properly?