hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any word on whether trading in private shares would contribute towards getting your name on the shirt?
    bernz

Yes, why not. We are at liberty to trade for shares using Francks. You need 1875 Francks to achieve Membership and get your name on the shirt.

If you have shares please email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Hibernian Supporters

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I would join if I receive guarantees that my contribution would go directly to the Club in order to create a healthy transfer kitty or go towards players signing on fees /wages.

As for share purchase, then no thanks.
    Golden Bear

Please feel free to join at www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Hibernian Supporters

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    Not something I’ve personally heard discussed but sure it’s something Jim and the board could answer.

It’s been £225/1875 Francks from the initial launch I think so unless share donation is worth £225 some might feel it’s unfair - one to email them about.

Daniel

We have given a positive answer to this in the previous post.

There is little point in us posting out a cheque for £225 to buy someones shares only for them to sent us £225 back to join.

Hibernian Supporters

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    Maybe I'm alone in my thinking but before I donate anymore money I need to see a clear statement from both HSL and the club which informs us exactly what their intentions are. I would like the club to make it clear that season ticket money and gate money is used towards the team, i.e. bringing in and paying players. They should make it clear that money from HSL for team purposes won't mean that the equivalent amount is diverted from season tickets and gate receipts for other costs.

I'm disappointed that nearly a million pounds already raised hasn't already found it's way to the team budget. I was always, until very recently that is, under the impression that was the purpose of it all, i.e. I thought the previous owners had said that share money would go to the team budget but perhaps I am imagining that. It needs to be sorted promptly otherwise I can see many donation sources pulling out.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    jacomo

Why don't you engage directly with HSL ?

Any reason for that ?

Tell them exactly what you think and wait for their answer.

Healthy debate etc etc

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    You should really read the answers on the previous page before agreeing with a post that has already been answered......................

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe I'm alone in my thinking but before I donate anymore money I need to see a clear statement from both HSL and the club which informs us exactly what their intentions are. I would like the club to make it clear that season ticket money and gate money is used towards the team, i.e. bringing in and paying players. They should make it clear that money from HSL for team purposes won't mean that the equivalent amount is diverted from season tickets and gate receipts for other costs.

I'm disappointed that nearly a million pounds already raised hasn't already found it's way to the team budget. I was always, until very recently that is, under the impression that was the purpose of it all, i.e. I thought the previous owners had said that share money would go to the team budget but perhaps I am imagining that. It needs to be sorted promptly otherwise I can see many donation sources pulling out.
    How many clear statements does one need before it sinks in that all funds from HSL have gone to the player budget. The only reason there is a potential for change now is due to the recent change in club ownership having taken up all of the available new shares. Maybe it’s different at HahahahaHearts of course.
    Last edited by CentreLine; 23-08-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    How many clear statements does one need before it sinks in that all funds from HSL have gone to the player budget. The only reason there is a potential for change now is due to the recent change in club ownership having taken up all of the available new shares. Maybe it’s different at HahahahaHearts of course.
    I must be missing something then, perhaps because there are too many posts to cover on the subject. I was under the impression that HSL hold somewhere in the region of £800K in a bank account and haven't released that to the club yet. And they won't release it until they have asked members how they want their contribution spent, i.e. on transfers, infrastructure or to by shares from minor holders. Have I got that bit wrong?

I must be missing something then, perhaps because there are too many posts to cover on the subject. I was under the impression that HSL hold somewhere in the region of £800K in a bank account and haven't released that to the club yet. And they won't release it until they have asked members how they want their contribution spent, i.e. on transfers, infrastructure or to by shares from minor holders. Have I got that bit wrong?
    HSL have been contributing monthly to the club since 2014. Up until Ron Gordon's take over the funds were contributed in exchange for shares, with all money going to the playing budget. Hibernian Supporters Ltd owns around 15% of the club on behalf of its members at the moment.

Since RG's takeover he has stated there are no more shares to be bought, ie the previous arrangement with Sir Tom Farmer is no longer in existence. The funds which have been donated to Hibernian Supporters since the takeover and statement re shares (around £50k) has been held by Hibernian Supporters until the members have voted on what they want to happen with the money.

It looks like Hibernian Supporters will give members the chance to vote on the proposition that going forward, individual members will have the chance to decide where their individual donations go (player budget, a share fund etc).

All funds until the takeover were used for the playing budget and any members wishing for their donations to continue to go directly to the playing budget will still be able to do that going forward if the members vote through a proposal which allows individuals to choose where their money goes.

First Team Breakthrough

Sorry but you indeed have got that wrong.

All monies raised by HSL over the last few years were handed to the club in exchange for shares.
    That is how HSL now holds 15.4% of shares in Hibs. Bearing in mind, before HSL, fan ownership in Hibs was probably under 2%.

A magnificent effort by the board of HSL and members of HSL

Onwards and upwards, next stop 20%

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    HSL have been contributing monthly to the club since 2014. Up until Ron Gordon's take over the funds were contributed in exchange for shares, with all money going to the playing budget. Hibernian Supporters Ltd owns around 15% of the club on behalf of its members at the moment.

Since RG's takeover he has stated there are no more shares to be bought, ie the previous arrangement with Sir Tom Farmer is no longer in existence. The funds which have been donated to Hibernian Supporters since the takeover and statement re shares (around £50k) has been held by Hibernian Supporters until the members have voted on what they want to happen with the money.

It looks like Hibernian Supporters will give members the chance to vote on the proposition that going forward, individual members will have the chance to decide where their individual donations go (player budget, a share fund etc).

All funds until the takeover were used for the playing budget and any members wishing for their donations to continue to go directly to the playing budget will still be able to do that going forward if the members vote through a proposal which allows individuals to choose where their money goes.
    Got it now, it's only £50k outstanding. That makes sense, I'm not sure why I thought £800k from, my bad.

@hibs.net private member
    Got it now, it's only £50k outstanding. That makes sense, I'm not sure why I thought £800k from, my bad.
    You need to be congratulated very sincerely for having seen and acknowledged the error. Far too often these inaccurate statements are made on here, criticising HSL and it’s efforts. When the argument is totally debunked in a measured and accurate way, all too often the poster just vanishes and it looks very like a deliberate attempt is being made in a coordinated way to undermine the club and HSL
    I, for one, take my hat off to you sir 👍🏻
    Last edited by CentreLine; 23-08-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    You need to be congratulated very sincerely for having seen and acknowledged the error. Far too often these inaccurate statements are made on here, criticising HSL and it’s efforts. When the argument is totally debunked in a measured and accurate way, all too often the poster just vanishes and it looks very like a deliberate attempt is being made in a coordinated way to undermine the club and HSL
    I, for one, take my hat off to you sir 👍🏻
    Let's see yer hat

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Let's see yer hat
    🎅🏼This is my off season. As in “hats off”