hibs.net Messageboard

 

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 44
  1. #1

    Hibernian Supporters Meeting at Sunnyside

    Can we just provide a friendly reminder to Members/Donators and HSA Members that we are holding a Consultation Meeting tomorrow at the HSA at Sunnyside at 6.30 pm.

    This is your Organisation so please come along to give us your views on the way forward.



    Hibernian Supporters


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Hibees1173's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    320
    Any updates from tonightís meeting?

  4. #3
    Coaching Staff monktonharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    pleasant valley eh15
    Age
    66
    Posts
    11,163
    did not know about this. when was it advertised?

  5. #4
    First Team Breakthrough Trapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we just provide a friendly reminder to Members/Donators and HSA Members that we are holding a Consultation Meeting tomorrow at the HSA at Sunnyside at 6.30 pm.

    This is your Organisation so please come along to give us your views on the way forward.



    Hibernian Supporters
    Hi Jim, I sent you a private message

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    41,336
    What did we learn from the meeting?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  7. #6
    resident moaning git DaveF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    50
    Posts
    29,779
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    did not know about this. when was it advertised?
    You had emails if you are an HSL member and it was mentioned on here lots of times.

  8. #7
    Still solvent banchoryhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Back home now
    Age
    62
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What did we learn from the meeting?
    HSL remains committed to acquiring shares, especially to reach the highly important 25.1%. This will be a challenge but not impossible.
    HSL will shortly canvass all members asking how they would like their contributions to be used i.e. solely for the acquisition of shares, solely to the playing budget or a mix of both.
    All funds currently held will be retained by HSL as a reserve for share purchases.
    Comms covering all of this will be issued to members imminently

  9. #8
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The land of winter
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by banchoryhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HSL remains committed to acquiring shares, especially to reach the highly important 25.1%. This will be a challenge but not impossible.
    HSL will shortly canvass all members asking how they would like their contributions to be used i.e. solely for the acquisition of shares, solely to the playing budget or a mix of both.
    All funds currently held will be retained by HSL as a reserve for share purchases.
    Comms covering all of this will be issued to members imminently
    Thanks for this.

    when you say they are going to canvass all members on how contributions are to be used, do you mean all the members vote and the majority is what the funds go towards, or do you mean every individual member gets to decide what his/her money is used for?

  10. #9
    I will stop my measly £10 per month unless it goes to the football budget. Others will have their own preference which is fair enough but thatís mine
    Last edited by Blaster; 22-08-2019 at 10:51 AM.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for this.

    when you say they are going to canvass all members on how contributions are to be used, do you mean all the members vote and the majority is what the funds go towards, or do you mean every individual member gets to decide what his/her money is used for?
    The feeling at last week's meeting at ER was that each individual member should have the chance to decide where their personal contributions go (shares, playing budget etc) and the design of the HS website should allow this to happen quite easily. Unless something different was discussed at the Hibs Club last night (I wasn't at the meeting yesterday) I think this is the proposition that will be put to members for approval.

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member bernz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will stop my measly £10 per month unless it goes anywhere other than the football budget. Others will have their own preference which is fair enough but thatís mine
    You don't want to contribute to the football budget?

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't want to contribute to the football budget?
    Sorry my post is poorly worded. I only want my money to go to the football budget.

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your previous post suggests the opposite, just badly phrased.

    I know. Better edit it 😂😂

  15. #14
    Still solvent banchoryhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Back home now
    Age
    62
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for this.

    when you say they are going to canvass all members on how contributions are to be used, do you mean all the members vote and the majority is what the funds go towards, or do you mean every individual member gets to decide what his/her money is used for?
    My understanding is that each member will be canvassed and the funds disbursed in accordance with their wishes. If you want your money to be used to buy shares, it will be. If it is to go to the football dept that's where it will end up.
    HSL will no doubt confirm the exact arrangements shortly.

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry my post is poorly worded. I only want my money to go to the football budget.
    Nothing to stop Hibs diverting Season Ticket money, advertising money etc away from the football budget so actually the footabll budget remains the same just HSL money is now part of the football budget

  17. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing to stop Hibs diverting Season Ticket money, advertising money etc away from the football budget so actually the footabll budget remains the same just HSL money is now part of the football budget
    Very true. I guess itís all about trust

    Iíll take the gamble of the money at least going into the club rather than a shareholderís pocket

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very true. I guess itís all about trust

    Iíll take the gamble of the money at least going into the club rather than a shareholderís pocket
    Absolutely, if i was paying my money i'd prefer it to go to a Transfer budget, but i'm not convinced that would make our transfer budget significantly bigger as money from other sources would be diverted away. Unless of course we ended up being like FOH with 8K active members

  19. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing to stop Hibs diverting Season Ticket money, advertising money etc away from the football budget so actually the footabll budget remains the same just HSL money is now part of the football budget
    Am I correct in thinking that what you are proposing is that the playing budget is made up of contributions from just one part of the Hibs support ie HSL ?

    Seems fairer if the budget is made up from contributions from all supporters..

  20. #19
    Testimonial Due ahibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    4,303
    Quote Originally Posted by DanishJohn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I correct in thinking that what you are proposing is that the playing budget is made up of contributions from just one part of the Hibs support ie HSL ?

    Seems fairer if the budget is made up from contributions from all supporters..
    Maybe I'm alone in my thinking but before I donate anymore money I need to see a clear statement from both HSL and the club which informs us exactly what their intentions are. I would like the club to make it clear that season ticket money and gate money is used towards the team, i.e. bringing in and paying players. They should make it clear that money from HSL for team purposes won't mean that the equivalent amount is diverted from season tickets and gate receipts for other costs.

    I'm disappointed that nearly a million pounds already raised hasn't already found it's way to the team budget. I was always, until very recently that is, under the impression that was the purpose of it all, i.e. I thought the previous owners had said that share money would go to the team budget but perhaps I am imagining that. It needs to be sorted promptly otherwise I can see many donation sources pulling out.

  21. #20
    Whenís the deadline to be on 1875 Franks to be a founding member?

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,970
    I would join if I receive guarantees that my contribution would go directly to the Club in order to create a healthy transfer kitty or go towards players signing on fees /wages.

    As for share purchase, then no thanks.

  23. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whenís the deadline to be on 1875 Franks to be a founding member?
    Itís 20th October I believe

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member bernz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís 20th October I believe
    Any word on whether trading in private shares would contribute towards getting your name on the shirt?

  25. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any word on whether trading in private shares would contribute towards getting your name on the shirt?
    Not something Iíve personally heard discussed but sure itís something Jim and the board could answer.

    Itís been £225/1875 Francks from the initial launch I think so unless share donation is worth £225 some might feel itís unfair - one to email them about.

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member bernz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not something Iíve personally heard discussed but sure itís something Jim and the board could answer.

    Itís been £225/1875 Francks from the initial launch I think so unless share donation is worth £225 some might feel itís unfair - one to email them about.
    Think the smallest share purchase you could make at the last issue was £200, so the shares plus £25 would be enough. Could be a good way to get people to part with their shares. Name on the shirt as good as name on a bit of pair.

  27. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think the smallest share purchase you could make at the last issue was £200, so the shares plus £25 would be enough. Could be a good way to get people to part with their shares. Name on the shirt as good as name on a bit of pair.
    Yeah agree thatís a good idea. There was talk at the Easter Road meeting last week to find out the minimum number of shares you need to hold on to to continue to get an invite to the AGM.

    HS has suggested keeping 50 shares as a way to keep a share certificate/AGM invite and then donate the rest to help HS in their goal to achieve 25.1%.

    Perhaps if they could offer Francks in exchange for shares they may get some more people coming forward ahead of the third kit deadline in October.

  28. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe I'm alone in my thinking but before I donate anymore money I need to see a clear statement from both HSL and the club which informs us exactly what their intentions are. I would like the club to make it clear that season ticket money and gate money is used towards the team, i.e. bringing in and paying players. They should make it clear that money from HSL for team purposes won't mean that the equivalent amount is diverted from season tickets and gate receipts for other costs.

    I'm disappointed that nearly a million pounds already raised hasn't already found it's way to the team budget. I was always, until very recently that is, under the impression that was the purpose of it all, i.e. I thought the previous owners had said that share money would go to the team budget but perhaps I am imagining that. It needs to be sorted promptly otherwise I can see many donation sources pulling out.
    Thats you adding to the negativity again.

    Tell us how you know the million pounds raised hasn't found its way to the team budget.

  29. #28
    Still solvent banchoryhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Back home now
    Age
    62
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe I'm alone in my thinking but before I donate anymore money I need to see a clear statement from both HSL and the club which informs us exactly what their intentions are. I would like the club to make it clear that season ticket money and gate money is used towards the team, i.e. bringing in and paying players. They should make it clear that money from HSL for team purposes won't mean that the equivalent amount is diverted from season tickets and gate receipts for other costs.

    I'm disappointed that nearly a million pounds already raised hasn't already found it's way to the team budget. I was always, until very recently that is, under the impression that was the purpose of it all, i.e. I thought the previous owners had said that share money would go to the team budget but perhaps I am imagining that. It needs to be sorted promptly otherwise I can see many donation sources pulling out.
    At last week's meeting Leeann confirmed that HSL money did indeed go to the playing budget. There is no doubt that some of the players signed over the past few years would not have arrived had it not been for HSL contributions.

  30. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe I'm alone in my thinking but before I donate anymore money I need to see a clear statement from both HSL and the club which informs us exactly what their intentions are. I would like the club to make it clear that season ticket money and gate money is used towards the team, i.e. bringing in and paying players. They should make it clear that money from HSL for team purposes won't mean that the equivalent amount is diverted from season tickets and gate receipts for other costs.

    I'm disappointed that nearly a million pounds already raised hasn't already found it's way to the team budget. I was always, until very recently that is, under the impression that was the purpose of it all, i.e. I thought the previous owners had said that share money would go to the team budget but perhaps I am imagining that. It needs to be sorted promptly otherwise I can see many donation sources pulling out.
    ahibby

    We're not sure if we are talking at cross purposes here but for the avoidance of any doubt we are happy to confirm that all previous funds raised prior to the recent transaction has been passed to the Club and has been spent on player wages etc. This has been confirmed by Leeann and indeed I understand that all previous Fan Rep Directors have confirmed this.

    If you are an HSL Member you will very shortly be giving us your instructions regarding going forward. In terms of all future funds being passed to the Club for the football Team we sense that all, if not most of our Members, are happy with the current arrangement and trust our Board that funds passed to them will be directed to the Football Dept.


    Hibernian Supporters

  31. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely, if i was paying my money i'd prefer it to go to a Transfer budget, but i'm not convinced that would make our transfer budget significantly bigger as money from other sources would be diverted away. Unless of course we ended up being like FOH with 8K active members
    04Sauzee

    Please feel free to join at www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

    Remember the FOH didn't always have 8k Members, they had to grow to that figure. Help us to grow.


    Hibernian Supporters

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved