hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

Hibernian Supporters Meeting at Sunnyside

Can we just provide a friendly reminder to Members/Donators and HSA Members that we are holding a Consultation Meeting tomorrow at the HSA at Sunnyside at 6.30 pm.

This is your Organisation so please come along to give us your views on the way forward.

Hibernian Supporters

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    Any updates from tonight’s meeting?

did not know about this. when was it advertised?

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    did not know about this. when was it advertised?
    You had emails if you are an HSL member and it was mentioned on here lots of times.

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Can we just provide a friendly reminder to Members/Donators and HSA Members that we are holding a Consultation Meeting tomorrow at the HSA at Sunnyside at 6.30 pm.

This is your Organisation so please come along to give us your views on the way forward.

Hibernian Supporters
    Hi Jim, I sent you a private message

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    What did we learn from the meeting?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    What did we learn from the meeting?
    HSL remains committed to acquiring shares, especially to reach the highly important 25.1%. This will be a challenge but not impossible.
    HSL will shortly canvass all members asking how they would like their contributions to be used i.e. solely for the acquisition of shares, solely to the playing budget or a mix of both.
    All funds currently held will be retained by HSL as a reserve for share purchases.
    Comms covering all of this will be issued to members imminently

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by banchoryhibs View Post
    HSL remains committed to acquiring shares, especially to reach the highly important 25.1%. This will be a challenge but not impossible.
    HSL will shortly canvass all members asking how they would like their contributions to be used i.e. solely for the acquisition of shares, solely to the playing budget or a mix of both.
    All funds currently held will be retained by HSL as a reserve for share purchases.
    Comms covering all of this will be issued to members imminently
    Thanks for this.

when you say they are going to canvass all members on how contributions are to be used, do you mean all the members vote and the majority is what the funds go towards, or do you mean every individual member gets to decide what his/her money is used for?

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    Thanks for this.

when you say they are going to canvass all members on how contributions are to be used, do you mean all the members vote and the majority is what the funds go towards, or do you mean every individual member gets to decide what his/her money is used for?
    The feeling at last week's meeting at ER was that each individual member should have the chance to decide where their personal contributions go (shares, playing budget etc) and the design of the HS website should allow this to happen quite easily. Unless something different was discussed at the Hibs Club last night (I wasn't at the meeting yesterday) I think this is the proposition that will be put to members for approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    Thanks for this.

My understanding is that each member will be canvassed and the funds disbursed in accordance with their wishes. If you want your money to be used to buy shares, it will be. If it is to go to the football dept that's where it will end up.
    HSL will no doubt confirm the exact arrangements shortly.

I will stop my measly £10 per month unless it goes to the football budget. Others will have their own preference which is fair enough but that’s mine
    Last edited by Blaster; 22-08-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I will stop my measly £10 per month unless it goes anywhere other than the football budget. Others will have their own preference which is fair enough but that’s mine
    You don't want to contribute to the football budget?

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    You don't want to contribute to the football budget?
    Sorry my post is poorly worded. I only want my money to go to the football budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Sorry my post is poorly worded. I only want my money to go to the football budget.
    Nothing to stop Hibs diverting Season Ticket money, advertising money etc away from the football budget so actually the footabll budget remains the same just HSL money is now part of the football budget

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Nothing to stop Hibs diverting Season Ticket money, advertising money etc away from the football budget so actually the footabll budget remains the same just HSL money is now part of the football budget
    Very true. I guess it’s all about trust

I’ll take the gamble of the money at least going into the club rather than a shareholder’s pocket

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that what you are proposing is that the playing budget is made up of contributions from just one part of the Hibs support ie HSL ?

Seems fairer if the budget is made up from contributions from all supporters..

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    Your previous post suggests the opposite, just badly phrased.

I know. Better edit it 😂😂

When’s the deadline to be on 1875 Franks to be a founding member?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I would join if I receive guarantees that my contribution would go directly to the Club in order to create a healthy transfer kitty or go towards players signing on fees /wages.

As for share purchase, then no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I would join if I receive guarantees that my contribution would go directly to the Club in order to create a healthy transfer kitty or go towards players signing on fees /wages.

As for share purchase, then no thanks.
    Golden Bear

Please feel free to join at www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Hibernian Supporters

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    When’s the deadline to be on 1875 Franks to be a founding member?
    It’s 20th October I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    It’s 20th October I believe
    Any word on whether trading in private shares would contribute towards getting your name on the shirt?

Any word on whether trading in private shares would contribute towards getting your name on the shirt?
    Not something I’ve personally heard discussed but sure it’s something Jim and the board could answer.

It’s been £225/1875 Francks from the initial launch I think so unless share donation is worth £225 some might feel it’s unfair - one to email them about.

Not something I’ve personally heard discussed but sure it’s something Jim and the board could answer.

It’s been £225/1875 Francks from the initial launch I think so unless share donation is worth £225 some might feel it’s unfair - one to email them about.
    Think the smallest share purchase you could make at the last issue was £200, so the shares plus £25 would be enough. Could be a good way to get people to part with their shares. Name on the shirt as good as name on a bit of pair.

Daniel

We have given a positive answer to this in the previous post.

There is little point in us posting out a cheque for £225 to buy someones shares only for them to sent us £225 back to join.

Hibernian Supporters

bernz

Yes, why not. We are at liberty to trade for shares using Francks. You need 1875 Francks to achieve Membership and get your name on the shirt.

If you have shares please email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Hibernian Supporters