hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A few questions about our finances appearing on here these days, what's that all about??
    No ulterior motive in my o.p.

Had a discussion on another forum and nobody seemed to know exactly what JC went for, but that it would be transparent in our end of year accounts.

I couldn’t find any reference to it hence my question.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Whatever we got it's a lot more than he's worth now so good deal in hindsight

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I’m sure someone on here knows JC’s dad, he can maybe enlighten us.
    😁😁

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    😁😁

I've already answered this, he's a mate of mine of many years, when I asked him at the time I suggested £1m+, he laughed and said try half of that and you're nearer the mark. JC would only sign the new contract if it had the release clause in it, I think it was all organised for him to leave at the end of that season and Hibs agreed to the clause because we needed his goals to get us out of the Championship, better with a wee bit than nothing at all.

Enjoyable discussion.

From what I recall JC stayed an extra year at Hibs,after the Cup win, that he called "unfinished business" to get Hibs back to the top flight (and knock Hearts out the cup - AGAIN - this time as a cup winning Hibee)

He could've gone after the cup win but showed a fair amount of loyalty, so it wouldn't surprise me if he got a higher than average cut of the Notts Forest fee.

As above, total speculation on my part and I'm not itk but there were some really good vibes around Jason during his time at ER.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Enjoyable discussion.

From what I recall JC stayed an extra year at Hibs,after the Cup win, that he called "unfinished business" to get Hibs back to the top flight (and knock Hearts out the cup - AGAIN - this time as a cup winning Hibee)

He could've gone after the cup win but showed a fair amount of loyalty, so it wouldn't surprise me if he got a higher than average cut of the Notts Forest fee.

As above, total speculation on my part and I'm not itk but there were some really good vibes around Jason during his time at ER.

I would hold no grudges over JC sticking those sort of clauses into his contract at the time given the circumstances.

I'd also take him back given the opportunity.
    Mon the Hibs.