hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Coaching Staff

Jason Cummings transfer fee

Can anyone enlighten me as to exactly how much we received from Nottingham Forest for Jason Cummings?

It came up in conversation that the amount would have appeared in a previous annual report, but I always thought all transfer business was lumped together in those reports, making it still a matter of guesswork as what we got for whom.

Whatever the reason, I obviously have failed to keep up, so can anyone advise me?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think it was around 800k mark

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can anyone enlighten me as to exactly how much we received from Nottingham Forest for Jason Cummings?

It came up in conversation that the amount would have appeared in a previous annual report, but I always thought all transfer business was lumped together in those reports, making it still a matter of guesswork as what we got for whom.

Whatever the reason, I obviously have failed to keep up, so can anyone advise me?
    I remember someone on here advising that it was around 500k. That info had apparently come from a family member of JC

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian32 View Post
    I think it was around 800k mark
    Is that figure from an annual report?

Is that figure from an annual report?
    Sorry mate its not in black and white just from what I've heard and i seen reported, it was under a million anyway

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I’m sure someone on here knows JC’s dad, he can maybe enlighten us.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Transfermarkt says 1.1 million and the Daily Record says ~£1 million

Reading all the guff at the time, £500k seemed to make the most sense.
    There may be another £500k in add ons which would give the £1 million figure.
    Obviously we quickly realised we were not going to get any of the add ons .

It was £500k, hence why Warburton was so chuffed when he got him.

Was told by his dad who is a good mate, he laughed when I asked if it was over £1m.
    Last edited by J-C; 20-08-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Testimonial Due
    As in all these transfers nobody really knows. We need a sworn affidavit signed by JC.

@hibs.net private member
    990k according to this.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jason-cummings/profil/spieler/209583

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar

Transfer figures aren't easily identified from the audited accounts. There may be a lump of income, but that could include 'add ons' from previous deals, and exclude 'future payments' if (for instance) the fee is staggered over a few years.

It's quite possible even the player won't know the figure - unless part of the deal was him getting a percentage, in which case his agent and he would have to be given the exact amount.

It's all just guesswork and hearsay I reckon.

Someone posted Notts Forrest account details on here a while back that showed we got £990k for JC. Warburton did say it cost them under £1m so that would also add up.

We were outraged at the time at the thought of getting under a million. Looks like good business now.

Ah, Jason.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    We need to try and get him back to hibs

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    Someone posted Notts Forrest account details on here a while back that showed we got £990k for JC. Warburton did say it cost them under £1m so that would also add up.
    So the ITK 500k a load of guff.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    Transfer figures aren't easily identified from the audited accounts. There may be a lump of income, but that could include 'add ons' from previous deals, and exclude 'future payments' if (for instance) the fee is staggered over a few years.

It's quite possible even the player won't know the figure - unless part of the deal was him getting a percentage, in which case his agent and he would have to be given the exact amount.

It's all just guesswork and hearsay I reckon.
    Thank you.

While there have been many well intentioned responses, I think yours confirms what I believed...ie just ‘waiting for the accounts’ will not shine a light on a specific deal.

Testimonial Due
    Thank you.

While there have been many well intentioned responses, I think yours confirms what I believed...ie just ‘waiting for the accounts’ will not shine a light on a specific deal.
    The Nottingham Forest accounts seemed to show a specific figure for the Cummings deal.

Im not itk but just strikes me its possible for forest to have spent £990k on the Cummings transfer (hibs & agents & miscellaneous fees) and for Hibs to have received £500k of it

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Even £500k looks like good business right now...!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    The Nottingham Forest accounts seemed to show a specific figure for the Cummings deal.
    Had a look at the accounts for year ending May 2018 and they do not show I individual transfer fees just the total for the financial year.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Im not itk but just strikes me its possible for forest to have spent £990k on the Cummings transfer (hibs & agents & miscellaneous fees) and for Hibs to have received £500k of it
    As I understand it the player, his agent and the associations all get a cut of any transfer transactions (unless the player has requested a transfer) so the cost showing in Forest's accounts will be higher than the amount coming into Hibs. Having said that, the difference between your two figures seems rather high to me.

I've looked at both sets of accounts - JC signed for Forest in June 2017 and their year end is 31 May so the cost appears in their 2018 accounts. Transfer fees paid in that year were £6.6m and aren't broken down so that doesn't tell us much at all.

Hibs year end is 30 June so the transfer income appears in the 2017 accounts. Those accounts show: Gain on disposal £476,134; cost of asset disposed £92,792 and Amortisation on Asset disposed £51,429. Those last two are the capitalised costs of players contracts less the amount allocated to revenue over the period of the contract, so the net book value of the disposal was £41,363. Add that to the gain and the amount received by Hibs was £517,497. assuming my first paragraph is correct, and no other players with a book value were sold or released in the year that suggests the base transfer fee was probably a tad over £600,000.

Blog Entries
    So the ITK 500k a load of guff.
    Talking of a load of guff, where's this striker you said was inbound about 2 or more weeks ago? Is he on Ryanair?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    As I understand it the player, his agent and the associations all get a cut of any transfer transactions (unless the player has requested a transfer) so the cost showing in Forest's accounts will be higher than the amount coming into Hibs. Having said that, the difference between your two figures seems rather high to me.

I've looked at both sets of accounts - JC signed for Forest in June 2017 and their year end is 31 May so the cost appears in their 2018 accounts. Transfer fees paid in that year were £6.6m and aren't broken down so that doesn't tell us much at all.

Hibs year end is 30 June so the transfer income appears in the 2017 accounts. Those accounts show: Gain on disposal £476,134; cost of asset disposed £92,792 and Amortisation on Asset disposed £51,429. Those last two are the capitalised costs of players contracts less the amount allocated to revenue over the period of the contract, so the net book value of the disposal was £41,363. Add that to the gain and the amount received by Hibs was £517,497. assuming my first paragraph is correct, and no other players with a book value were sold or released in the year that suggests the base transfer fee was probably a tad over £600,000.
    Spot on. IIRC someone, possibly NL said there was some additional money for JC being paid in 2018. The accounts for last year show income from sales of £270k so I suggest total for JC is anywhere between £600k & £870k, at a guess about £700k. It's a shame, for many reasons that he hasn't flourished since leaving ER but from our perspective we're losing out on a sell on fee.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Talking of a load of guff, where's this striker you said was inbound about 2 or more weeks ago? Is he on Ryanair?
    He's signed. Was playing on Saturday. Ok he was an attacker, winger, forward. But close.
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 21-08-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    He's signed. Was playing on Saturday. Ok he was an attacker, winger, forward. But close.
    You're just making it up now. When I asked before you said he was coming from England after their window closed. I don't think Weegieland quite qualifies as England!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    You're just making it up now. When I asked before you said he was coming from England after their window closed. I don't think Weegieland quite qualifies as England!
    Maybe Ibrox does. You are right the info I had was he was coming from England but I think my contact info got crossed with Barker coming to Rangers then Middleton can come to us.

A few questions about our finances appearing on here these days, what's that all about??

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    A few questions about our finances appearing on here these days, what's that all about??
    People questioning what we have spent the MCGinn money, ST money at 12.5 ST's and the loss of around 14 players wages from last season with 7 players in ...feelings that the nothing left in the kitty just doesn't sit right, especially when there is a strong feeling that we are a couple shirt in the squad ...the start to the season with injuries and fairly weak performances haven't helped the situation ..

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    People questioning what we have spent the MCGinn money, ST money at 12.5 ST's and the loss of around 14 players wages from last season with 7 players in ...feelings that the nothing left in the kitty just doesn't sit right, especially when there is a strong feeling that we are a couple shirt in the squad ...the start to the season with injuries and fairly weak performances haven't helped the situation ..
    Who are the 14 players that have left?