hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hot water to wash your hands with at the toilets would be nice.
    This

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    The most important thing for me is the product on the pitch.

Therefore I'd give the signing section a more visible position ideally behind the goals FFL. I think it would help the team a lot and maybe hinder the opposition a little.

Fan zones work well in my experience, the amount of choice at Murrayfield is always amazing when I'm there. A smaller version at Easter Road would be good.

The reality is that no one really cares about pies etc as long as we are winning every week. I really don’t understand the whole building a family match day experience. You turn up 20 mins before kick off and leave right after. The rest is filled with football. By all means make more use of the space at the back of the east and west. More food options, music, a pint etc. In other words what you see at other sporting events.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7 View Post
    The most important thing for me is the product on the pitch.

Therefore I'd give the signing section a more visible position ideally behind the goals FFL. I think it would help the team a lot and maybe hinder the opposition a little.

Fan zones work well in my experience, the amount of choice at Murrayfield is always amazing when I'm there. A smaller version at Easter Road would be good.
    This

Helps "sell" the club when we are on the telly as well as improve the experience for everyone else attending.

An Adult and Child only section where I can take the nephews without them having to sit near any of the bampots in our support.

Decent Hot Dogs, proper coffee and faster service at the snack bars..

The first part is reasonably provided for but the second... not so much.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 19-08-2019 at 06:53 PM.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Free WiFi

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    A few times over the years we’ve had a fans zone outside the East, a small football pitch. I take 3 lads of 12 to the games, and they always loved this. Get some of the reserve players to help out

Think we need to put some shelves near the area where you get sale, Sauce etc for your food. At the moment there’s nowhere to put your good/drink while you add to them. Also need a lot more bins

I’ve raised this before with Hibs, but at grounds like Falkirk, they have hot air blowing in the concourse around their food kiosks. Most of our stands are freezing inside in the winter, are we able to do this?

I’ll have a wee think on anything else that comes to mind

Quick and simple entry and exit.
    Good quality attacking football
    Decent atmosphere with a buzz around the stadium
    Win more than we lose at home.
    Decent food served quickly at a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    The reality is that no one really cares about pies etc as long as we are winning every week. I really don’t understand the whole building a family match day experience. You turn up 20 mins before kick off and leave right after. The rest is filled with football. By all means make more use of the space at the back of the east and west. More food options, music, a pint etc. In other words what you see at other sporting events.
    The problem is we won't win every week if kids enjoy the day they will want to come back if they don't they won't -Simples

More readily accessible litter bins would help to discourage the seagulls, which would improve the experience as well.
    Is that you Howard Hughes ?

You do know it is a football match you are going too

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    A licensed Fans' Zone.

Video screens in the corners showing highlights of previous games, Hibs advertising and even bands playing.

The same screens should show profile pictures of the players, before kickoff, when subs are made and goals scored.

If VAR ever comes into the SPFL, the fans should see the deliberations.

A loud and clear PA system so we can hear all the above.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Lol that's an old school opinion were missing a trick and a right few quid for the club. There is so much more we could do to make the match day experience brilliant especially for families

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    A clock that goes past 90 minutes.

A small thing but it really bugs me

Left by mutual consent!
    Big things for me are ease of entry and exit from the ground, a good selection of fairly priced options for eating. Being able to hear the tannoy clearly and with it not so loud that I can't speak to my son or dad beside me.

I like the wee touches like the 'Hibs class' quote from Turnbull on the wall in the West (Upper north) concourse - I think there's scope to get stuff like that on the stairs from the turnstiles to the stand - something on the wall, be that quotes or images etc which would add to the experience.
    Likewise. I have balance issues and have difficulty both ascending and descending stairs and can no longer attend unless i am accompanied by another.
    Fortunately my boys and daughter are always there in attendance with me.
    However i am mystified as to why planning permission and safety certificates are granted to Clubs where there is a definite potential risk of accident/injury due to the lack of handrails on access stairways in the main stadium.

I broached this subject with Tracey who assured me she would "get back to me on it". That was approx' 18 months ago !!!

Perfect match day?? Every time Hibs win. 01/01/1973 was pretty damn near as perfect as it gets.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    What would be your perfect Hibernian matchday experience? One that you would love when attending any one of the stands, any day or time Hibs are playing at home.

It can cover anything from arrival to the ground, in the stadium to other specific details you can think of. There will be a degree of positive variance between our personal opinions I’m sure but keen to hear what you think?

Safe standing section
    Removal of songs over tannoy ~10mins before KO
    Better food catering
    Better turnstile ticketing system - fix issues to get back on par with last season
    Alcohol

@hibs.net private member
    Oh, contactless payments for tickets at gates / catering.

First Team Breakthrough
    - “fanzone” behind east with DJ/singer pre-match. Also option to have this open post match
    - safe standing in famous five lower
    - giant screens in the corner between F5/East and/or Weet/Sourh
    - affordable decent food
    - being able to have a pint in the concourse

I'd quite like a safe standing section in the corner between the FF Lower and the East...

...purely so I don't have to hear people whingeing on about the FF Lower being a kids area

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar

Matchday experience

I’d be interested to see:

Water fountains in the stands.

A decent variety of local food vendors in the stand at reasonable prices, not a fan at all of the catering as it is.

An improvement to the PA system.

Recycling facilities, with everything that is bought from the food stalls coming in biodegradable packaging, the Pitt in Leith use plastic cups and containers that are 100% biodegradable. I’d love hibs to get involved in this. It seems a clear marketing opportunity with the colour of the enviro push being Green!

If possible, hot water in the stands.
    Last edited by Alex Trager; 19-08-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Safe standing area in the famous five lower.
    A reasonably priced fan zone area behind the East selling bottles of beer and playing music etc to get an atmosphere building pre match for every game.

In general the fan experience to be more like the German leagues where they have it spot on

Move family and child away from behind goals and replace with fans who want to be there, creating an intimidating atmosphere e.g. like when we play Hearts away. As others have said product looks better on TV with full stands behind goals.

Increase number of safety hand bars on East Stand - its an accident waiting to happen, when people leave.

Better and cheaper food inside stadium- bring back La Favorita to outside East Stand as well

A sound system that works - is audible and an announcer who is not shouting loudly at rapid speed - who understands or can hear what is being said.

Quality TV screens at both ends - agree with earlier - good graphics, player profile, current time and time in game, goal replays

A winning team playing attractive football also helps

Quote Originally Posted by Ellahappyhibee View Post
    Move family and child away from behind goals and replace with fans who want to be there, creating an intimidating atmosphere e.g. like when we play Hearts away. As others have said product looks better on TV with full stands behind goals.

Increase number of safety hand bars on East Stand - its an accident waiting to happen, when people leave.

Better and cheaper food inside stadium- bring back La Favorita to outside East Stand as well

A sound system that works - is audible and an announcer who is not shouting loudly at rapid speed - who understands or can hear what is being said.

Quality TV screens at both ends - agree with earlier - good graphics, player profile, current time and time in game, goal replays

A winning team playing attractive football also helps
    Good point on the hand rails in the East. The gradient is very steep and all it would take is someone to miss their step and it could create a domino effect.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Good point on the hand rails in the East. The gradient is very steep and all it would take is someone to miss their step and it could create a domino effect.
    Raised this issue in my earlier post.

As stated earlier i have balance issues so usually try to obtain seats close to the bottom exits in the East. On one such occasion i took a tumble trying to climb the 4/5 steps to the exit. Perish the thought had i been close to the top of the stairway , and not just for me. As you say the domino effect could have caused major injuries to some.

Thankfully i wasn't, and my daughter was there to assist me as the "stewards" simply ignored my plight. Only my pride was hurt as i crawled up the stairs to the exit on all fours....and NO i had not been on the sauce TT me now

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Singing section in FF Lower.
    Floppy breasted cheerleaders keen on fan interaction.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    1. Arrive at ER 3 hours before the game for appetizers and drinks.
    2. Welcome the players to the stadium.
    3. More drinks and dinner.
    4. Give an extra team talk before the warm up.
    5. More drinks until half time.
    6. Change into full kit and sit on subs bench for the second half.
    7. Come on for the last 10 minutes.
    8. Glass of Louis Tres in Petrie's former office.
    9. Limo back to Turnhouse.

The singing section in Famous Five Lower centrally behind the goals.

It’s rubbish they are stuck up in corner and the FF never looks full on TV.

Move all / some of family section to South Lower (like Hibs kids games or West Lower - FF upper corner a possibility but steps would be an issue for younger kids unless this is older kids and parents.

The East Stand has black hand rails ?? But I agree it’s steep when exiting and dodging the seagulls.

Was just going to post this

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Edible food.
    Fanzone
    PA system
    TV screens in corners, could be used for advertising, showing old games and a half time quiz that folk can join into on their mobile phones.
    A clubcard that you can top up and pay for your grub and drinks.
    WIFI
    Hot water in toilets.
    A much nicer concourse under the East.
    Merchandise stall, no idea why we don´t have one, even if its just scarves,caps and tshirts.
    Entertainment before the game, pipe bands or the likes, sure there are local bands that would like to play/practice in front of big crowds.
    Cheerleaders, quite popular at my Dutch club.
    How about trying to get the basics like entry to ground sorted oot first.
    A half time draw to win a signed strip for ST holders.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Fans are in the stadium for approximately 2 hours - the match itself takes care of most of that time and I don’t think anyone really wants to spend more than two hours inside a stadium. You see a lot of fans congregating outside pretty much killing time before heading inside. Plenty room outside of the West and East for pop up bars/food outlets, some music and pop up club shop and other stalls.
    I like to go to the pub before the game and take my seat 5 minutes before KO, but when with the family for games the options are limited beforehand. Fanzones with the right mix of product would appeal greatly.

My experience of matches at Nantes and Rennes shows what can be done. Nantes has a stadium in parkland near to the river and use it well. People arrive up to two hours before the match. There are rows of stalls selling hot food - crepes, merguez sausages, burgers, etc - and drink - bottles of beer and glasses of wine - plus music.

People often go back after the match to carry on partying. This all takes pressure off the public transport system.